Ford February 2018 Sales

Not surprising considering the industry as a whole will sell fewer vehicles than last year and that Ford's volume lineup is very dated and won't that be fixed until end of 2019. I have a feeling Sales for the next year at Ford are going to be very bad.

I wouldn't call these results "very bad". They're not great but trucks are still increasing as well as ATPs and they seem to be holding the line on incentives. We'll see when 1Q results come out. If they're still clearing $1.5B per quarter then they're just fine.

Not surprising considering the industry as a whole will sell fewer vehicles than last year and that Ford's volume lineup is very dated and won't that be fixed until end of 2019. I have a feeling Sales for the next year at Ford are going to be very bad.

I see rising interest rate are also going to be a problem too. You already are seeing the rates rising up. Last year at this time almost every regular Ford model had 0/60 or 0/72 (plus incentives).

What's going on with Lincoln? Have they stopped all incentives/deals or something? That's both months this year where the entire lineup (aside from Navigator) has been down significantly (25% or more).

Where to begin... They are missing a large 3 row CUV. I am sorry but the MKt (also known as the ugliest fleet machine ever) doesn't count. Their two smaller SUV's are no longer competitive compared to the luxury competition and need good refreshes now. I am assuming that there weren't very many good deals on the cars (which nobody really wants cars) either.

Ford/Lincoln Utility sales are down 9,000 compared to Feb 2017,

the biggest drop occurred with Escape at around 6,000,

This is Ford basically selling the same vehicles with less competitive finance and lower incentives,

there are fewer buyers on the ground but Ford is happier to talk up richer model mix and increased ATPs

Similarly with cars, Focus is down slightly and Fusion is flat,2018 Mustang is more expensive and combined

with low incentives and finance again proving to be a big hurdle.

Edited by jpd80

Where to begin... They are missing a large 3 row CUV. I am sorry but the MKt (also known as the ugliest fleet machine ever) doesn't count. Their two smaller SUV's are no longer competitive compared to the luxury competition and need good refreshes now. I am assuming that there weren't very many good deals on the cars (which nobody really wants cars) either.

Both the 2019 MKC and Nautilus will be out on the road in less then 6 months? This is most likely just a normal wind down before the new models are released

Both the 2019 MKC and Nautilus will be out on the road in less then 6 months? This is most likely just a normal wind down before the new models are released

I have my doubts the MKC refresh is going to help much, as that refresh doesn't address the real deficiencies. Nautilus should (hopefully) be a better refresh. Although, I am disappointed that the 2.0 is being used, as it is the same base engine as the Edge.

I have my doubts the MKC refresh is going to help much, as that refresh doesn't address the real deficiencies. Nautilus should (hopefully) be a better refresh. Although, I am disappointed that the 2.0 is being used, as it is the same base engine as the Edge.

I have a feeling with 2 new Edge models, MKX/Nautilus is gonna get clobbered.

I have a feeling with 2 new Edge models, MKX/Nautilus is gonna get clobbered.

ST already exists as Sport, and Titanium Elite is little more than a Titanium with painted plastic trim.

Huh???

I guess he's referring to ST and Titanium Elite?

A whole lot of aging cars and CUVs = sales trending down

Im actually surprised Fords sales have remained relatively steady with what I would consider stale products and moderate incentives. It actually says something about Ford's perceived image and brand loyalty.

Borg posted this over at FIN, and paints a better picture of Lincoln's numbers - there's like nothing in the way of incentives or competitive deals, that's why we're seeing Lincoln's sales drop.

Looking at the incentives on Lincolns in my area they appear to be down by almost half from normal. Lincoln incentives have been very low for years however, especially compared to Ford. I've never been able to get above $750 on my last 4 Lincolns and my 2018 was only $500 off (on a $64,000 car).

Incentives can vary by trim level but right now they range from $0 to $500 for MKC, A flat $250 on MKX, A flat $500 on MKZ, Nothing on Continental or Navigator.

So essentially, now is probably the worst time to buy a Lincoln unless you REALLY want one and I imagine this is the primary reason for the sales decline. Lincoln is probably trying to get it's ATPs higher and right-sizing it's customers to higher and higher pricing.

Actually there is a $2K rebate on Continental Reserves (but not the other trims) and $2K on MKZ.

Either way, it sounds like there's not much there to help out sales numbers and/or convince people to switch unless they love the car, while they can get a better deal down the street.

hey, Ive harped on about this from a sales standpoint to the point of driving you guys nuts....and i always got countered with....higher ATPs....fact is, doesnt matter, Ford wants sales they have to be competitive with their competition...brand loyalty only gos so far....

• Like 1

hey, Ive harped on about this from a sales standpoint to the point of driving you guys nuts....and i always got countered with....higher ATPs....fact is, doesnt matter, Ford wants sales they have to be competitive with their competition...brand loyalty only gos so far....

Yeah, there's only so long higher ATPs help. At a certain point, volume does come into the equation. I don't think they realize that they can have higher volume AND higher ATPs. Now maybe the ATP won't be AS high, but they'll make that up in volume.

Obviously for whatever reason, they haven't seemed to change paths yet.

Edited by rmc523