Ford to reveal future product plans on Thursday (Bronco under cover and a baby Bronco!)

I for one would be all over a basic Bronco with said spartan interior....heck, gimme a flat 3 person front bench! Im all over it....White exterior , red vinyl bench with white piping....LMAO...

I think an interior can have a simple, clean design, while still being nice/having all the features. Navigator comes to mind - it's a very clean design without all these swoopy curves and surfaces that everyone seems to be doing, but it looks fantastic.

Well, I thought it was a more typical crossover at NAIAS, but Farley's low/sleek comments make me think differently.

Agree. Wouldn't it be something in the moonshot sense if this vehicle was aimed straight at the Model S (if indeed it were a new gen Fusion) but at a Ford-appropriate price?

I'm still under the impression it's a CUV type vehicle based on Farley's comments at NAIAS, but your thoughts are fun to consider!

Agree. Wouldn't it be something in the moonshot sense if this vehicle was aimed straight at the Model S (if indeed it were a new gen Fusion) but at a Ford-appropriate price?

I'm still under the impression it's a CUV type vehicle based on Farley's comments at NAIAS, but your thoughts are fun to consider!

For all we know, they're going to build both a low slung model, and a typical crossover.

----

Part of why I'm leaning toward a Fusion-esque replacement is they're saturating the crossover/SUV market a lot with EcoSport, Bronco Jr, Escape, Bronco, Edge, Explorer, Expedition. Remember, all of those will also have hybrid powertrains (plug in or not plug in), and I'm guessing we may see an Escape BEV at some point. Is there room for another crossover in there, with the defining thing being that it's electric? Maybe. But I think that helps a "sedan" version's case.

Well, I thought it was a more typical crossover at NAIAS, but Farley's low/sleek comments make me think differently.

RMC, I found this quote:

""Ford’s new performance battery electric utility arrives in 2020. It is the first of six electric vehicles coming by 2022 as part of the company’s $11 billion global electric vehicle investment."

That makes it sound pretty obvious that the Mach 1 is indeed a CUV - 'performance battery electric" removes all doubt.

RMC, I found this quote:

""Ford’s new performance battery electric utility arrives in 2020. It is the first of six electric vehicles coming by 2022 as part of the company’s $11 billion global electric vehicle investment."

That makes it sound pretty obvious that the Mach 1 is indeed a CUV - 'performance battery electric" removes all doubt.

Hmm. I missed that. The debate can continue as to what form of utility, though. Farley said low/sleek. Does that mean a BMW X4/6 and Mercedes GLC/E coupes type look?

For all we know, they're going to build both a low slung model, and a typical crossover.

----

Part of why I'm leaning toward a Fusion-esque replacement is they're saturating the crossover/SUV market a lot with EcoSport, Bronco Jr, Escape, Bronco, Edge, Explorer, Expedition. Remember, all of those will also have hybrid powertrains (plug in or not plug in), and I'm guessing we may see an Escape BEV at some point. Is there room for another crossover in there, with the defining thing being that it's electric? Maybe. But I think that helps a "sedan" version's case.

I do not expect an Escape BEV. Everything they have stated thus far indicates the BEV line will be separate and distinct from the other lines. The other lines will have hybrid and/or PIH capability (CUV/SUV) but BEV will be on the separate BEV chassis, which we can reasonably infer will be a bespoke chassis with the batteries in the floor (like what Dean has envisioned in prior posts).

I think there is room for a true BEV CUV with Ford pricing. Other than the very expensive Tesla, what exists in that space?

That said, I still like your idea! Maybe the next BEV after the Mach 1 will be a sedan BEV.

Articles coming off press now that embargo has passed. Check out the images! GT500 teaser and is that the um... Bronco!!! Looks like 2 door. Also, architectures officially confirmed with list of layouts that we already speculated and known such as front drive unibody, rear drive unibody, etc.

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/ford-announces-off-road-suv-below-bronco-new-escape-and-explorer/

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2018/03/15/ford-plans-trucks-suvs-hybrids/32962275/

I had posted on here almost a year ago that the Bronco was designed after the 73 and was going to be a 2Dr.

• Like 2

Bastards..bronc should have been here by now..now more wait...they could have at least been slightly courteous and had the skirt raised a few inches to reveal front fenderish area..even a first date with a baptist might go that far..but no..we get 18 months and a frickin clay model.its not like i expected ford to give us some paradise by the dashboard light but come on ford...have a lil heart here

Edited by snooter

a 4-door only Bronco wouldn't fly, no matter how much people say you can't sell a 2-door. a "4 door" with rear suicides however would probably be very popular. I hope this is what Ford means by 4 doors, because that could be pretty slick

Edited by probowler

Bastards..bronc should have been here by now..now more wait...they could have at least been slightly courteous and had the skirt raised a few inches to reveal front fenderish area..even a first date with a baptist might go that far..but no..we get 18 months and a frickin clay model.its not like i expected ford to give us some paradise by the dashboard light but come on ford...have a lil heart here

Or we could've been shown nothing? At least it's something.

a 4-door only Bronco wouldn't fly, no matter how much people say you can't sell a 2-door. a "4 door" with rear suicides however would probably be very popular. I hope this is what Ford means by 4 doors, because that could be pretty slick

No. It wouldn't be very popular, as it's not practical. Better than a 2-door yes, but nobody wants them anymore. I'd have 0 interest in that type of setup.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 2

I love how there are about 4 or 5 members here who make statements that are actually opinions...but its posted as is if its a fact. Like RMC. No. It wouldnt be very popular.

Nobody wants them anymore. Yes, in your opinion because YOU have zero interest. That does not equate to EVERYONE.

• Like 1

JPD..Has nothing to do with faith in Ford. It has more to do with the clique of members around here. Its almost comical which is why I normally just read instead of post/react. Think what you will, but your (not you JPD) opinion is not more important than others. When someone states no.....blah blah blah...because I have zero interest in that..... ...Im thinking.. Where is the obligatory citation needed post??

• Like 1

JPD..Has nothing to do with faith in Ford. It has more to do with the clique of members around here. Its almost comical which is why I normally just read instead of post/react. Think what you will, but your (not you JPD) opinion is not more important than others. When someone states no.....blah blah blah...because I have zero interest in that..... ...Im thinking.. Where is the obligatory citation needed post??

Same could be said for the other side of the coin.. Plenty of people on both sides think their wants are the only ones that matter. Like the people RMC was responding to. 50% of the time they both sound like they're half in the bag.

Edited by MY93SHO

There is considerable evidence from Wrangler and pickups that most buyers want 4 doors not 2. That’s not an opinion, it’s a fact.