When will the Ranger be available?

Both Sub Assembly and Body Shops were completely gutted except for a few work stations.

I watched it getting done.

Well ok then, I legitimately had no idea. Paint and final didnt get gutted, thats all Ive seen, but there has been a fair amount of construction going on in final since January.

It seems like it was Mustang but I can't remember and I can't find the posts. I remember they offered several different drivetrain options including some 400 hp combinations. Might have been a Lincoln too.

Dunno about a test build (wouldn't surprise me if they did one for the LS), but Lincoln did a survey back around '05 or '06 about what Lincoln buyers would want (I took it, FWIW). Showing up in the powertrain options was the first many of us had heard about a potential 3.5L TT engine, back before even TwinForce was a thing.

Regardless, it's building a fundamentally different vehicle with new tooling.

You make it out like its a NASA moon mission.

Oakville went from Tempo to Windstar to Freestar to Edge/Flex. Smooth transition each time.

It seems like it was Mustang but I can't remember and I can't find the posts. I remember they offered several different drivetrain options including some 400 hp combinations. Might have been a Lincoln too.

I remember it also. I think it was around the time Flex came out.

definitely at least 2 models cuz

- I remember the 'WTF' the first time when 2 forum posters got diff prices on identical specs

[ with screenshots for proof ]

- thinking the/a next time, "Here we go again"

I remember ford doing it for several vehicles, but most recently was the 2018 mustang. I think autoblog even did a story about it

I was thinking that too. I know I was checking it daily last year and it was all over the place. IMHO it's still not done as it has options that are Unobtanium like any racing stripe in a non Shelby.

I did see the new Ranger in person and it's a quite nice vehicle. Just needs to get here and be of great quality ASAP.

Edited by itguy09

I was thinking that too. I know I was checking it daily last year and it was all over the place. IMHO it's still not done as it has options that are Unobtanium like any racing stripe in a non Shelby.

I did see the new Ranger in person and it's a quite nice vehicle. Just needs to get here and be of great quality ASAP.

Im not just saying this because Im going stir crazy sitting at home during shutdown, but I really wish they would move the launch up 2 months. The longer that plant sits idle the more money they lose.
  • Like 2

Im not just saying this because Im going stir crazy sitting at home during shutdown, but I really wish they would move the launch up 2 months. The longer that plant sits idle the more money they lose.

FYI, we have run out sales on Global PX2 Ranger at the moment so i suspect PX3 will be on sale sometime in Q3.

You'd really think that Ford could get their ass into gear, time this better and launch production before September...

• Like 1

isn't the Bronco chassis going to be based on a significantly upgraded "new" Ranger chassis...I thought this one is only good for a year or two....lends creedence to the Ranger becoming avail with more than one driveline as well...

isn't the Bronco chassis going to be based on a significantly upgraded "new" Ranger chassis...I thought this one is only good for a year or two....lends creedence to the Ranger becoming avail with more than one driveline as well...

It is. First vehicle on the new upgraded T6, which itself is more closely aligned with the F-150 chassis.
  • Like 1

So the ranger coming out will only be here for a couple of years and then gets a complete redesign? I was already planning to wait until the second model year so all the kinks could be worked out in the first year, but if I do that, a brand new truck is right around the corner. This thing better have a great price, or Im waiting for the bronco lol.

So the ranger coming out will only be here for a couple of years and then gets a complete redesign? I was already planning to wait until the second model year so all the kinks could be worked out in the first year, but if I do that, a brand new truck is right around the corner. This thing better have a great price, or Im waiting for the bronco lol.

The Ranger is 3 short Model years, lasting about 2 1/2 years of production. Define great price, if you are going to want a 17K truck that's not going to happen. I suspect most will have stickers in the 30K-35K Range topping off at about $44K, base will be mid 20's.

I expect it will be priced right at or just above Canyorado (in comparable trim).

I honestly don't think Ford is that concerned about Caynyorado, nor Nissan Frontier for that matter.

They are gunning for Tacoma and I expect Ford to really match the Toyota in pricing, equipment, and options.

• Like 4

I expect it will be priced right at or just above Canyorado (in comparable trim).

It will be more expensive, You can get a stripper Chevy for 20K. Ranger is going to have a way more powerful Turbo Engine, 10 Speed auto, and more comfort and safety features standard. Ford commands higher prices in the market than Chevy can get even if the vehicles car equipped the same.

The Ranger is 3 short Model years, lasting about 2 1/2 years of production. Define great price, if you are going to want a 17K truck that's not going to happen. I suspect most will have stickers in the 30K-35K Range topping off at about $44K, base will be mid 20's.

Im hoping for a lariat 4 door for around 29-30k after A plan. If Im gonna have to pay more than that, then Im waiting for bronco.

If an xlt f150 supercrew can be had for roughly 30k, I dont think its out of line to expect the ranger lariat to be in the same price range or cheaper

Edited by T-dubz

It will be more expensive, You can get a stripper Chevy for 20K. Ranger is going to have a way more powerful Turbo Engine, 10 Speed auto, and more comfort and safety features standard. Ford commands higher prices in the market than Chevy can get even if the vehicles car equipped the same.

That's why I said a bit more in comparable trim.

And I assume Tacoma and Canyorado are in the same ballpark pricewise.

They are gunning for Tacoma and I expect Ford to really match the Toyota in pricing, equipment, and options.

Yes sir. Ford has already beat Toyota by offering height adjustment for the driver's seat on Ranger. Tacoma still lacks that feature after 23 years. That omission took Tacoma off my list of pickup trucks to consider.

Looking forward to buying a new Ford Ranger in 2019! :happy feet:

If I can get exactly what I want in the low $30k range, I will be a happy guy.