When will the Ranger be available?

Im hoping for a lariat 4 door for around 29-30k after A plan. If Im gonna have to pay more than that, then Im waiting for bronco.

If an xlt f150 supercrew can be had for roughly 30k, I dont think its out of line to expect the ranger lariat to be in the same price range or cheaper

Don't think that is going to happen, XLT maybe at that price but not Lariat. A plan Lariat will be mid 30's and cross 40K loaded.

Don't think that is going to happen, XLT maybe at that price but not Lariat. A plan Lariat will be mid 30's and cross 40K loaded.

If they want XLT to be the volume trim it should be priced from around $27k, maybe even as low as $25k if the financials make sense, to about $35k Edited by fuzzymoomoo

I have no idea...but theres still a significant % of the market that's STILL anti -turbo....IMO theres should be a base 4 cylinder, the 2.3, a normally aspirated V6 and maybe the 2.7 in a raptor version...REALLY curious what happens 2 years from now....heck, would be surprised to see a Hybrid

I have no idea...but theres still a significant % of the market that's STILL anti -turbo....IMO theres should be a base 4 cylinder, the 2.3, a normally aspirated V6 and maybe the 2.7 in a raptor version...REALLY curious what happens 2 years from now....heck, would be surprised to see a Hybrid

Does it really need 4 engines though? I mean, that's a bit overkill.

At most I could buy a 4-cyl, the 2.3 and MAYBE the 2.7 for Raptor. I agree, 4 seems like overkill.

Agreed about the hybrid down the road though.

fordman....3.3, 3.5 ecoboost, 3.5 HiPo ecoboost, V8 and Diesel sound familiar.....( F150 ) 1.0, electric, 2.0, 2.3 ecoboost ( Focus ) 2.5, 1.5 eco, 2.0 eco, hybrid and Plug in ( Fusion ).....whats the common denominator ( well at least for now )....1 or two NON Turboed drivetrains....sometimes "old school" appeals....Ford would be wise to have a "fallback" for those opposed to boosted engines, and believe me its not as small a bunch of consumers as you think...

Edited by Deanh

who knows about Pricing, I forsee MSRP of a loaded Lariat Crew 4x4 knocking on the door of 45k...remains to be seen.....

I hope this isnt the case, 45k seems to be ranger raptor pricing. Id think a base lariat 4x2 supercrew could be had for around 32k which is similar to the Colorado lt trim, of course Id want the lariat sport so add a few thousand. I could make do with an xlt sport, but I hope theres some sort of headlight upgrade but I doubt it. Just wish we could get some specs soon

Edited by T-dubz

I hope this isnt the case, 45k seems to be ranger raptor pricing. Id think a base lariat 4x2 supercrew could be had for around 32k which is similar to the Colorado lt trim, of course Id want the lariat sport so add a few thousand. I could make do with an xlt sport, but I hope theres some sort of headlight upgrade but I doubt it. Just wish we could get some specs soon

Order bank opens in August. Order guide should be out then.

Im hoping for a lariat 4 door for around 29-30k after A plan. If Im gonna have to pay more than that, then Im waiting for bronco.

If an xlt f150 supercrew can be had for roughly 30k, I dont think its out of line to expect the ranger lariat to be in the same price range or cheaper

I think youd have to start with sticker for XLT supercrew 2wd @ $35K and subtract about $5K-$7k for comparable Ranger. A 4x4 Lariat Ranger could run a lot higher than youre expecting especially if demand is there and inventory is tighter than F150 Edited by jpd80

I think youd have to start with sticker for XLT supercrew 2wd @ $35K and subtract about $5K-$7k for comparable Ranger. A 4x4 Lariat Ranger could run a lot higher than youre expecting especially if demand is there and inventory is tighter than F150

Also, I wouldnt expect huge rebates for a while. Maybe a $500 one right out of the gate since theyve been known to do that recently, but definitely dont expect more than that.

Over 13,000 Colorado sales last month, will the 2.3 Ecoboost and 10-speed auto be the next big thing in mid sized trucks next year?

I think so sir. 2.3L Ecoboost and 10-speed auto should give new Ranger performance as good or better than V6 powered Tacoma, Colorado, Frontier, and Ridgeline.

I got to experience this engine and transmission in 2018 Mustang. The issues of turbo lag and slow transmission response in older Ecoboost Fords are fixed in this powertrain. The engine is kind of noisy. But that's fine in a Mustang or a truck.

:camera:4X4 FX4, Leather plus tech goodies around $35,000ish.

That will be close to 40K, if not over. A fully loaded Crewcab Ranger with every option is going to be High 40's, the Denali Canyon is already in the upper 40's and the Ranger will have more features.

I think a lot of people waiting on the Ranger are going to be really upset at the price.

I priced out an '18 F150 XLT 2wd supercab for a coworker when the $3000 vouchers came out. With just a couple options (2.7L and tinted glass I think) it was going to be about $25k after dealer discount, Ford incentives, and $3000 voucher.

If they ever do similar incentives on the Ranger, one should be able to pick up an XLT supercab for ~$21k and an XLT crew for ~$24k. That sounds like a pretty good deal if you ask me.

I priced out an '18 F150 XLT 2wd supercab for a coworker when the $3000 vouchers came out. With just a couple options (2.7L and tinted glass I think) it was going to be about $25k after dealer discount, Ford incentives, and $3000 voucher.

If they ever do similar incentives on the Ranger, one should be able to pick up an XLT supercab for ~$21k and an XLT crew for ~$24k. That sounds like a pretty good deal if you ask me.

I don't think you'll see much in the way of incentives on Ranger for a while.

If they want XLT to be the volume trim it should be priced from around $27k, maybe even as low as $25k if the financials make sense, to about $35k

Geez. When I bought my SHO in '95, it was the highest priced Ford you could buy, topping out at around $25K. Now we're talking about a Ranger starting at $27K.

Now get off my damn lawn, and get a haircut, ya stinking hippies!

Edited by SoonerLS
  • Like 4