Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

21 minutes ago, akirby said:

I don’t think that matters other than having more dealers to pick from.  You can pick your dealer for Mach-e and change the dealer.  The difference is you lose your original place in line.  If the start seeing a lot of ADMs on Mach-e maybe they’ll change that policy.  

not so sure...they may just cut back the allocation of those going too crazy...although Fords threatened dealers before then just reverted to the usual move the meatal and don't give a crap mentality...we will see....sadly the dealers not gouging will most likely move their units to the point they have none left....then its carte blanche for the Den of thieves….

6 hours ago, zgxtreme said:

If we (well they) are heading in that .Mil direction I expect a matte Light Ghost Gray option, a matte OD, and best of all a matte Coyote Brown added to the color pallet!

no matte colors please...that's like putting a fat suit on Salma Hayek....hides all the interesting details IMO....Ive seen STUNNING high end cars absolutely ruined with matt wraps...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Deanh said:

not so sure...they may just cut back the allocation of those going too crazy...although Fords threatened dealers before then just reverted to the usual move the meatal and don't give a crap mentality...we will see....sadly the dealers not gouging will most likely move their units to the point they have none left....then its carte blanche for the Den of thieves….

Very true.  But, the best way to avoid all this is wait a year or two.  The I-got-to-have-it-now's that drive the prices way up are gone, and better yet the quality of the vehicle will usually be much improved.  Let someone else pay too much and be the beta tester!

45 minutes ago, akirby said:

I don’t think that matters other than having more dealers to pick from.  You can pick your dealer for Mach-e and change the dealer.  The difference is you lose your original place in line.  If the start seeing a lot of ADMs on Mach-e maybe they’ll change that policy.  

It does matter when you have a set limit. If there's a waitlist and someone cancels their order, why should they get to cut back in line? 

16 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It does matter when you have a set limit. If there's a waitlist and someone cancels their order, why should they get to cut back in line? 

Why should I have to give up my place in the queue just to change dealers?  The vehicle order isn’t changing.

If you mean that Bronco production volume will prevent ADMs anyway I would agree.

12 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I thought it was named after the Warthog vehicle from the Halo games on Xbox.

164821.jpg

I feel like the Warthog was already named after the Warthog, so it would be kind of weird to name the Warthog after the Warthog which is named after the Warthog.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, probowler said:

I feel like the Warthog was already named after the Warthog, so it would be kind of weird to name the Warthog after the Warthog which is named after the Warthog.

Yo! This is X to the Z XZibit. 

We heard you liked warthogs so we put warthogs on your warthogs!

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 7Mary3 said:

Don't bring up the P-51 Mustang, it was a G.M. product!

Not exactly-GM had a controlling interest, but they never called it GM Aviation or whatever, and they later merged with Rockwell. It wasn't like Ford Aerospace. 

Fun fact-North American Aviation and Rockwell actually built the OV-10 Bronco. 

1 minute ago, silvrsvt said:

Not exactly-GM had a controlling interest, but they never called it GM Aviation or whatever, and they later merged with Rockwell. It wasn't like Ford Aerospace. 

Fun fact-North American Aviation and Rockwell actually built the OV-10 Bronco. 

Yes, GM had a controlling interest in North American Aviation from 1933 to 1947.  During that time it was run by 'Dutch' Kindelberger, who had been recruited from Douglas by G.M. to run N.A.A..  A number of G.M. executives eventually worked at N.A.A., and applied automotive mass production techniques to building aircraft with great success, right before WWII.  Funny that G.M. ended up in aviation back in the 30's because they saw it as possibly the next step after the automobile.  G.M. also ran the Eastern Aircraft Division, which basically functioned as a Grumman subcontractor, building large numbers of Wildcats and Avengers.

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

no matte colors please...that's like putting a fat suit on Salma Hayek....hides all the interesting details IMO....Ive seen STUNNING high end cars absolutely ruined with matt wraps...

The kids love it though. Me too in some cases.  

Unclear as to what that trim will be other than name. Looks like the most extreme version. Will it be rock crawler or high speed cruiser like Raptor? Both? 

Well from what I know now, I’m going to give Ford credit for making an extreme machine. Just please give a V6 manual that is decently equipped for 40k. 

I’ve been pretty critical of the marketing but if the economy doesn’t totally tank looks like they will have a hit.

Edited by jcartwright99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's called building hype and not spilling the beans ;)

The last thing I want to do first thing when I get back from vacation is get called to HR for another meeting. 

I understand, I’m just busting on you.  I’m looking forward to what you can share in the near future.  

8 hours ago, zgxtreme said:

I’m indifferent except on .mil themed colors as there is no gloss on our toys, a matte gray matching the Hornet or Venom would be legit. 

Agreed.  I’ve got a lot of coyote to match up. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 7Mary3 said:

Yes, GM had a controlling interest in North American Aviation from 1933 to 1947.  During that time it was run by 'Dutch' Kindelberger, who had been recruited from Douglas by G.M. to run N.A.A..  A number of G.M. executives eventually worked at N.A.A., and applied automotive mass production techniques to building aircraft with great success, right before WWII.  Funny that G.M. ended up in aviation back in the 30's because they saw it as possibly the next step after the automobile.  G.M. also ran the Eastern Aircraft Division, which basically functioned as a Grumman subcontractor, building large numbers of Wildcats and Avengers.

Well seeing that we are going off thread a bit and to add to your GM lore, a guy that I worked with grew up in NJ.  He said the GM plant in Linden (think  it was on Rt 9?) built P-51s and it was  right across  from the Linden airport.  He says every now and then they would stop traffic and a group of Mustangs would roll across the road headed for the airport.

• Like 1