Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

13 hours ago, Rodrigo said:

Does anyone know if the hybrid engine of the Maverick will soon be the base engine of the Bronco Sport?
thanks!

There hasn't been any rumors that I know of coming from the Bronco Sport. I'm assuming we will get some sort of refresh in another two-three years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

There hasn't been any rumors that I know of coming from the Bronco Sport. I'm assuming we will get some sort of refresh in another two-three years. 

I believe there is a BS hybrid coming in 2023 or 2024 MY. The trouble is Ford doesn't have a robust supply chain of hybrid component parts. Try to find an Escape Hybrid or a Maverick Hybrid on a dealer lot. Not easy. I would say only about 25% of Escapes produced are hybrids which doesn't come close to demand. And not easy to find a Poweboost F150 either. You can order a hybrid, but probably a long wait with many orders in front of yours, and limited supply. Increasing fuel prices only make this situation worse. 

2 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

I believe there is a BS hybrid coming in 2023 or 2024 MY. The trouble is Ford doesn't have a robust supply chain of hybrid component parts. Try to find an Escape Hybrid or a Maverick Hybrid on a dealer lot. Not easy. I would say only about 25% of Escapes produced are hybrids which doesn't come close to demand. And not easy to find a Poweboost F150 either. You can order a hybrid, but probably a long wait with many orders in front of yours, and limited supply. Increasing fuel prices only make this situation worse. 

Jim (we don’t need our own battery supply) Hackett, that’s why Farley has way more auto business savvy….

Edited by jpd80

9 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Jim (we don’t need our own battery supply) Hackett, that’s why Farley has way more auto business savvy….

It looks like Ford this year has the ability to produce about 15,000 electrified vehicles/month....180,000/year. Don't think that will change much until the Blue Oval Campus comes on line in a few years from now. The new electric plant in Dearborn is pretty limited in what it can produce. We will see what the Mexican plant can produce with the Mach E without the Blue Oval plants. So that 600,000/year goal is a few years away. 

2 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

It looks like Ford this year has the ability to produce about 15,000 electrified vehicles/month....180,000/year. Don't think that will change much until the Blue Oval Campus comes on line in a few years from now. The new electric plant in Dearborn is pretty limited in what it can produce. We will see what the Mexican plant can produce with the Mach E without the Blue Oval plants. So that 600,000/year goal is a few years away. 

Doesn't SK's plant come online before Blue Oval?

3 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

It’s a darned sight more than originally planned but was assisted by delaying Explorer/Aviator by around eighteen months, I shouldn’t rag on Jim Hackett, he wouldn’t have known how big of a hit Lightning is, none of them did, it’s beyond their wildest dreams…..

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

It’s a darned sight more than originally planned but was assisted by delaying Explorer/Aviator by around eighteen months, I shouldn’t rag on Jim Hackett, he wouldn’t have known how big of a hit Lightning is, none of them did, it’s beyond their wildest dreams…..

No but saying the goal is to electrify the entire lineup (and put a deadline on it) without insourcing at least some battery and/or electric motor production was incredibly short sighted at best on his part. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

No ha habido ningún rumor que yo sepa que viene del Bronco Sport. Supongo que obtendremos algún tipo de actualización en otros dos o tres años. 

I thought that as a matter of simplifying manufacturing they could unify engines. Here in Argentina there are fiscal benefits in hybrid vehicles, that's why I'm waiting for the hybrid BS.
thanks,

ok Ford...enough..STOP causing grief for your dealer body by mentioning and releasing options that cant even be ordered yet, let alone even be showing on WBDO....first up Package 994..Everglades...not even showng as an option to order as of now...and next up option code 52Z ...showing on the ordering guide on Wildtrak, HOSS suspension 3.0 with Fox internal Bypass Dampers....AGAIN completely absent from theWBDO website ( which if you don't know is the only way to order Broncos..Web Based Dealer Ordering ) STOP...just friggen STOP or perhaps we will start forwarding all the inquiries directly to you...then again, the answer would merely be "Please contact your Dealer "...

22 minutes ago, Deanh said:

ok Ford...enough..STOP causing grief for your dealer body by mentioning and releasing options that cant even be ordered yet, let alone even be showing on WBDO....first up Package 994..Everglades...not even showng as an option to order as of now...and next up option code 52Z ...showing on the ordering guide on Wildtrak, HOSS suspension 3.0 with Fox internal Bypass Dampers....AGAIN completely absent from theWBDO website ( which if you don't know is the only way to order Broncos..Web Based Dealer Ordering ) STOP...just friggen STOP or perhaps we will start forwarding all the inquiries directly to you...then again, the answer would merely be "Please contact your Dealer "...

I suggest you read the memo that Ford sent to dealers regarding the packages you described.  Here is a snippet…

5A1EF9B7-32E9-4D69-BBA5-AFB854B2C818.jpeg

29 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

I suggest you read the memo that Ford sent to dealers regarding the packages you described.  Here is a snippet…

5A1EF9B7-32E9-4D69-BBA5-AFB854B2C818.jpeg

never received or shared to me...but thankyou...MAN this is getting F----ING frustrating...so...yeah sure Mr Customer...I know you've been waiting 18 months...but heres a cool option, .. that will delay your order even MORE.....PERFECT!

Edited by Deanh

6 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Ford has reportedly had battery limitations for years - we've heard for years how they can't make more hybrids because of xyz not having enough batteries, so they've known they need more battery production whether it be for hybrids or full on BEVs and they've not done much to increase that.

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

never received or shared to me...but thankyou...MAN this is getting F----ING frustrating...so...yeah sure Mr Customer...I know you've been waiting 18 months...but heres a cool option, .. that will delay your order even MORE.....PERFECT!

I mean, it's also frustrating "here's a cool option we randomly announced mid year, but since you're scheduled you can't add it to yours"  lol.

Definitely get what you're saying, though.  They seem to be putting their foot in their mouth constantly.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Ford has reportedly had battery limitations for years - we've heard for years how they can't make more hybrids because of xyz not having enough batteries, so they've known they need more battery production whether it be for hybrids or full on BEVs and they've not done much to increase that.

That was my initial though when I took a shot at Hackett, battery supply has crippled Ford for years and for him to not lock in / guarantee supply was a big miss….and then I got cold feet thinking I was picking on him..

I mean, it's also frustrating "here's a cool option we randomly announced mid year, but since you're scheduled you can't add it to yours"  lol.

Definitely get what you're saying, though.  They seem to be putting their foot in their mouth constantly.

A day in the life of a sales person, caught in between glib tidings from total wankers at Ford and buyers who justifiably  want to vent…..

Edited by jpd80
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, akirby said:

Wow that blue/black combo is sharp!  Which blue is that?

Velocity Blue.  It's a Wildtrak too, so it'll get the black hood graphic and I ordered the side black door stripe too (they're added after the photo spot in the factory) - I think they balance out the blue nicely.

Originally was getting the black MOD top too, but we all know how that process went.  May look into it down the road, but we'll see.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 1

Well folks, it finally happened - took delivery Tuesday evening, and it’s been a whirlwind since so I haven’t been able to take the time to post some pictures.   I’ve already put 90 miles on (it had 11 at delivery so it’s just over 100 now), and it’s awesome.  I've gotten several compliments and comments/questions about it both days so far!

I’ll make another post about my likes, dislikes, and issues so far, but in the meantime here are some pics!

0KV2tVm.jpg

8FhT18R.jpg

VO33lpO.jpg

zBKXfZ5.jpg

H8uGyUX.jpg

V7JHKUp.jpg

gvMViKr.jpg

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 8