Bronco Sport Impresses

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

Dylan didn't age well. Watch the tapes of him in the 60's in his prime. I personally don't enjoy aging rock stars try to recreate their early years.

A few years ago I saw Jackson Brown live in concert in Detroit. It was grim. He wanted to play his new stuff and the crowd grew increasingly impatient and drunk as his set continued. You could see Jackson get anxious as the audience started shouting out the 70's hits he's known for. Finally, he started playing his vintage hits near the end, but by then the crowd had become rude and unhappy. Neil Young has experienced some of the same crowds. 

Moral of the story....know when to retire from live performances. Dylan as he aged just started garbling his words together to where you couldn't understand his lyrics anymore. Frank Sinatra near the end forgot his lyrics and even fainted on stage. Sad.

Not many legacy bands can get away with playing new songs live these days. About the only one I can think of that was able to get away with it was Rush, but Rush fans are a different breed. I saw Foreigner about 10 years ago and they played a single new song from an upcoming album and it was crickets. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

That's what I love about Garth Brooks (although he's not that old yet).  The last time I saw him he said that when he was growing up and went to see his favorite brands he didn't want to hear the new stuff - he wanted to hear the old stuff so that's what he's going to play for the next 2.5 hours.   He might sneak in one new song but that's it.  Know your fans.

Not a big country music fan but I would go see Garth. I know enough of his hits to have a good time and I know he's a hell of a performer. 

2 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Same here. Thrilled that there will be a Cactus Green 4 door in my driveway... at some point... next Summer? 

They had a Cactus Gray Ranger parked outside of body shop on my way out last week. I liked the color way more than I thought I would. Might go for that if I can't find one in Rapid Red, assuming I end up getting a Ranger in a few months. 

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not a big country music fan but I would go see Garth. I know enough of his hits to have a good time and I know he's a hell of a performer. 

It’s a fantastic show and relatively cheap.  I think the last one we saw was $75.  And he’ll do 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 shows in one city if necessary.  Pretty much kills the scalpers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s a fantastic show and relatively cheap.  I think the last one we saw was $75.  And he’ll do 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 shows in one city if necessary.  Pretty much kills the scalpers.

That's the same thing Kid Rock does. I'm not a fan of his AT ALL nor would I ever pay money to see him but he charges $20 for tickets anywhere in the house which apparently is enough to cover expenses and pay his band/crew. That's pretty cool. 

• Like 3

On 12/11/2020 at 4:29 PM, T-dubz said:

Checked out the bronco sport today and it seemed pretty nice. I didn’t like the cactus gray, it had too much green in it. Area 51 looked good on an overcast day but I’d like to see it in the sun. The big bend had the optional wheels which looked good. The seats looked better than the escape, but it still had the escapes cheap looking gauge cluster. The hard plastics had a nice texture to them. The badlands was better. It actually had different seats with more bolsters. It felt a lot more comfortable. The leather seats from the badlands package look better in person. In pictures I always thought it was too light, but it was darker in person. The seating position felt lower than my escape. Couldn’t drive any of them as they were in the show room. The badlands had the optional wheels. I don’t like the steelies look, but they looked better in person too. The more aggressive tires looked good on it and was really the only difference I could tell between the big bend and badlands. They seemed about the same height.

So far so good. It looks the initial BS's being delivered are selling quickly right off the lot. And I don't think there are hardly any incentives at all. If I were interested in one, I would wait it out and hope for decent incentives or 0% loans. No vehicle IMO is worth sticker price. And dealerships that do market adjustments are no go.

30 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

So far so good. It looks the initial BS's being delivered are selling quickly right off the lot. And I don't think there are hardly any incentives at all. If I were interested in one, I would wait it out and hope for decent incentives or 0% loans. No vehicle IMO is worth sticker price. And dealerships that do market adjustments are no go.

theres 2.9 right now....and reality is theres bugger all markup between invoice and MSRP...

Edited by Deanh

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Been to couple dealers in my area and I haven’t spotted any Bronco Sports yet. 

one did have a nice blue GT500 in the show room though. 

I've been keeping an eye out for them at my local dealer, and haven't seen one yet.  The 50k markup GT500s are still there though.....surprisingly lol.

I'm considering driving to the Orlando Auto Show this weekend to see the Bronco that's supposed to be there (Bronco, Bronco Sport, and Mach E are supposed to be there).  I assume they'll be roped off with the "prototype locked for your safety" sticker, but it'll still be nice to see one in person prior to finalizing an order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I've been keeping an eye out for them at my local dealer, and haven't seen one yet.  The 50k markup GT500s are still there though.....surprisingly lol.

I'm considering driving to the Orlando Auto Show this weekend to see the Bronco that's supposed to be there (Bronco, Bronco Sport, and Mach E are supposed to be there).  I assume they'll be roped off with the "prototype locked for your safety" sticker, but it'll still be nice to see one in person prior to finalizing an order.

Mullinax in Apopka had one BS on lot, but it sold in one day. 4 or 5 others ordered are expected any day. They also have 4 2021 F150s.

8 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not many legacy bands can get away with playing new songs live these days. About the only one I can think of that was able to get away with it was Rush, but Rush fans are a different breed. I saw Foreigner about 10 years ago and they played a single new song from an upcoming album and it was crickets. 

Ever been to a concert where the support band is better than the main act?

We did when we suffered through a dreadful Meatloaf concert, it was so shit that

they could have stopped after half an hour and brought back Thirsty Merc for an encore.

7 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Dude, just throw on a blue oval branded collar shirt and bronco hat and pretend you work at the display.  Nobody will question you if you go for it.  Memorize some random bronco facts and if anyone questions you, you tell them you're the regional bronco sales director. Don't forget to bring a clipboard.

You could get the first BOF bronco selfie

Edited by probowler
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, probowler said:

Dude, just throw on a blue oval branded collar shirt and bronco hat and pretend you work at the display.  Nobody will question you if you go for it.  Memorize some random bronco facts and if anyone questions you, you tell them you're the regional bronco sales director. Don't forget to bring a clipboard.

You could get the first BOF bronco selfie

Sounds like a good idea..... lol

17 hours ago, jpd80 said:

We did when we suffered through a dreadful Meatloaf concert, it was so shit that

they could have stopped after half an hour and brought back Thirsty Merc for an encore.

On 12/14/2020 at 4:01 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

That's the same thing Kid Rock does. I'm not a fan of his AT ALL nor would I ever pay money to see him but he charges $20 for tickets anywhere in the house which apparently is enough to cover expenses and pay his band/crew. That's pretty cool. 

Screw Kid Rock. I remember going to the Grande Ballroom in Detroit back in the 60's and seeing The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Iggy Pop, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Motor City 5, and so on for $5 and get high on weed for free. And then seeing The Rolling Stones and Rod Stewart at Cobo Hall in their prime back in the 70's. Those were the days. WABX alternative rock radio on the Wayne State campus during my college days.

17 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Some of the best bands in the world were warm up acts for the main draw and got more enthusiasm from the crowd. The Who played mostly high school stages in Metro Detroit before they became rock legends.

• Like 1