'21 May Sales

19 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

So much for the BS taking Escape sales away LOL

Yeah, 20,000 Escape sales are impressive. Hybrid sales were good. Hard to find one now. Most Ford dealers around here have 0 Explorers in inventory. So next month will be a tough one with such limited inventory. Only decent inventory around here is Ecosport and Ranger. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I think BS could hit 20k also.  I think Inventory was still low last month.

Thats a combined rate of 420k annually.  The best Escape ever did was 308K.  And you know the ATP is significantly higher with BS and hybrid escapes.  That’s not just a home run it’s a grand slam.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, akirby said:

I think BS could hit 20k also.  I think Inventory was still low last month.

Thats a combined rate of 420k annually.  The best Escape ever did was 308K.  And you know the ATP is significantly higher with BS and hybrid escapes.  That’s not just a home run it’s a grand slam.

The BS is really selling well with hardly any rebates. Mullinax had 40 last week and only 1 left this week. I would imagine many are tired of waiting for big Bronco and picking up BS instead and higher gas prices.

Expedition sales... wowzers. And this is before the mid cycle update.

Ranger is doing really well too. Still lag far behind Tacoma but Ford has to be pleased with the volume increase this year.

Just wait until Ford is able to start delivery on Bronco and Maverick. Second half of 2021 should be a good one for Ford as long as Ford can find enough computer chips.

16 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Ranger is doing really well too. Still lag far behind Tacoma but Ford has to be pleased with the volume increase this year.

Especially with limited configurations and power trains and very few fleet sales.

• Like 3

These are really quirky times and the sales success of some vehicles is sometimes due to supply setbacks with others.

The reason that Escape sales are up is exactly because of the squeeze on other products like Bronco Sport,

there’s still decent Ranger  production and inventory so no surprise that sales are still relatively unaffected 

Also keep in mind that the squeeze on F Series sales in turn redirects some buyers to take an Expedition 

instead.....it could also be that some Explorer buyers gave up and bought an expedition instead.

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Yeah, that's great to see.  Especially that Escape sales are increasing as well, and not just treading water.

1 hour ago, jpd80 said:

These are really quirky times and the sales success of some vehicles is sometimes due to supply setbacks with others.

The reason that Escape sales are up is exactly because of the squeeze on other products like Bronco Sport,

there’s still decent Ranger  production and inventory so no surprise that sales are still relatively unaffected 

Also keep in mind that the squeeze on F Series sales in turn redirects some buyers to take an Expedition 

instead.....it could also be that some Explorer buyers gave up and bought an expedition instead.

Are you trying to say Escape is up because there aren't enough Bronco Sports?

17 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, that's great to see.  Especially that Escape sales are increasing as well, and not just treading water.

I doubt many who really wanted a BS would settle for an Escape. Would probably consider a Jeep if BS is the type of vehicle they are after. Besides, according to Ford, most BS sales are conquest sales.

Escape had a good month. But it seems like almost every entry in that segment did good except the rav4. I’m surprised to see it drop so much. Absent from the data is Nissan so I don’t know how the rouge did. It’d be nice to see the escape be in the top 3 again.

Honda CRV 42,090 up 45.02%
Toyota RAV4 30,018 down 12.46%
Mazda CX5 20,595 up 69.65%
Subaru Forester 20,006 up 12.02%

Ford Escape 19,951 up 35.98%
Hyundai Tuscon 18,848 up 21.19%

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2021-us-vehicle-sales-figures-by-model/

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

the answer to that is surprisingly simple...….and it DID sway potential Escape buyers but compared to head counts on lots the Escape outnumbered BS 10 to 1...there were also rather large incentives on the Escape....the BS is selling while being in transit...Escapes are sold on the lot.... 

46 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Absolutely 

See deanh’s post above, there were more escapes available on lots and they had incentives.

Id put it down to the good work of sales staff as well.

Edited by jpd80

12 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Absolutely 

See deanh’s post above, there were more escapes available on lots and they had incentives.

Id put it down to the good work of sales staff as well.

the Escape is a good car, specifically the Hybrid....but the hype, enthusiasm on the BS is several rungs up the ladder....interestingly enough, the loads we are getting for Enterprize Leasing, aka rentals...are ESCAPES....makes me think Fords stuck with a surplus they need to move so gave Enterprize a significant carrot to purchase them....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Escape had a good month. But it seems like almost every entry in that segment did good except the rav4. I’m surprised to see it drop so much. Absent from the data is Nissan so I don’t know how the rouge did. It’d be nice to see the escape be in the top 3 again.

1H2020 was so screwed up it’s hard to say what is good or bad by comparison.  

7 minutes ago, Deanh said:

the Escape is a good car, specifically the Hybrid....but the hype, enthusiasm on the BS is several rungs up the ladder....interestingly enough, the loads we are getting for Enterprize Leasing, aka rentals...are ESCAPES....makes me think Fords stuck with a surplus they need to move so gave Enterprize a significant carrot to purchase them....

That’s possible but the previous Escape had a significant percentage of rental/fleet sales also.

4 minutes ago, akirby said:

That’s possible but the previous Escape had a significant percentage of rental/fleet sales also.

seriously...we got a boat load all of a sudden...all Special Orders for Enterprize…...culling overstock maybe?

9 minutes ago, Deanh said:

With or without chips?

15 minutes ago, slemke said:

With or without chips?

they wont ship them without I wouldn't think...so Im convinced there was perhaps an over supply sitting waiting for shipment due to Dealers noting they weren't selling that well and holding back on taking allocation. That's why Im also guessing they reached out to Enterprise for a bulk order. They have done it before on  slow moving merchandize. The same CANNOT be said for the BS where dealers have all been asking for additional allocation....and getting absolutely no additional units.

Edited by Deanh

Pretty sure that some of the build dates would be a bit older than Ford likes, time to move stock on even though inventory is a bit thin, better to empty out as much as possible and turn into money rather than sitting in a holding yard.

5 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Those that think Escape had a great month have low expectations. Mediocre sales in a red hot segment. When you add in the lost sales from Fusion and Focus which Escape is expected to supplant, the picture looks rather depressing. 

7 minutes ago, Trader 10 said:

Those that think Escape had a great month have low expectations. Mediocre sales in a red hot segment. When you add in the lost sales from Fusion and Focus which Escape is expected to supplant, the picture looks rather depressing. 

It showed that there wasn’t a zero sum game between the bronco sport and the escape.  Combine the 2 and they climb to number 2 on the list and doing OK in the segment.  The chip shortage is wreaking havoc on the numbers.  Sales are related to who has chips for which products.

With people traveling again, rental companies are refreshing their fleets and taking whatever they can get.  The standard suv I rented last month was a Durango with a hemi.

• Like 3