Cadillac Escalade IQ (Early Post)

joseodiaga4

9 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

And this looks any different from Cadillac's longstanding design theme or helps designate it as a Cadillac BEV? And for this, buyers will wait until late 2024? I'll give Cadillac credit though for using a consistent design theme. 

To your point, it does look like any other ICE powered Caddi.  

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Is this supposed to be as large as the current Escalade or what? Going by the photos, it looks Explorer/Aviator sized. 

Nope, not Explorer/Aviator sized: 

It's actually even bigger than the gas-powered Escalade, at 224.3 inches (5,697 mm) long, 85.3 inches (2,167 mm) wide, and 76.1 inches (1,934 mm) tall, with a 136.2-inch (3,460 mm) wheelbase.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/08/cadillac-reveals-the-2025-escalade-iq-one-excessive-ev/

2025 Escalade IQ seems to be a logical step in Cadillac's ongoing progression as it becomes a more upscale brand and also as it transitions to 100% electric vehicles.

The version shown in the photos joseodiaga4 shared has an estimated MSRP around $175,000, according to General Motors.

Front looks like regular old Cadillac. The back looks like a sedan that they decided to turn into a station wagon at the last second. The profile of this thing however looks really good. I like how it makes the very large vehicle look smaller.

2 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

image.thumb.png.e4c3974d405438a4d2c2f22789e2a265.png

image.thumb.png.34998235028b3ba0edb301706af04490.png

image.thumb.png.891ae0b603ea6562f5e405c7fd001690.png

3 hours ago, joseodiaga4 said:

image.thumb.png.f395c51b2341c3172b39aef539b0562c.png

image.png.8fcdd359dcc330eca03d5814a75997e5.png

I like the profile, but also don't like the busy lighting elements up front (the sport version of the Lyric has a better "grille" treatment than the "luxury" version, so maybe it'll be the same here?).

I think this thing suffers in the rear similar to the Lyriq that they tried to mash two different lighting plans together that then look weird together....the upper elements don't match the lower/just seem tacked on.  Couple it with the oddly small rear window and it's a strange look.

I want to like the unique d-pillar, but I think they shouldn't have split it with the beltline element.

28 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Given that the average transaction price is around $50K, having vehicles that cost 3-4x isn't that unexpected. Just makes me wonder how people can afford it. 

Even considering the dramatic impact on the automotive market thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, supply chain issues, commodity and plant constraints, the manufacturers have not hesitated for a second to increase prices at every opportunity. Yes, it's understood that they've had to increase prices to recover the additional vehicle production costs but whether you look at MSRP prices, the ATP's (Average Transaction Prices) or the average monthly payments... the vehicle prices today are insane. Add the ADM's that so many dealerships have added, and the volume of customers willing to pay those inflated ADM prices, and you have to wonder about the long-term impact. Those customers will be in a negative equity situation for a much longer time, and I suspect that those customers' opinions will just confirm what so many customers' opinions have been for so many years and decades about dealerships.

The manufacturers think short term only as sales results are compared to the corresponding year earlier results. It's made easier as the ownership term has risen so much over the years as a result of improved vehicle quality, long term financing and monthly payments. Market share and owner loyalty are secondary to any short-term benefits. However, you don't get an opportunity for repeat business unless you can sell or lease a vehicle to the customer the first time.      

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 11:06 AM, ice-capades said:

Even considering the dramatic impact on the automotive market thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, supply chain issues, commodity and plant constraints, the manufacturers have not hesitated for a second to increase prices at every opportunity. Yes, it's understood that they've had to increase prices to recover the additional vehicle production costs but whether you look at MSRP prices, the ATP's (Average Transaction Prices) or the average monthly payments... the vehicle prices today are insane. Add the ADM's that so many dealerships have added, and the volume of customers willing to pay those inflated ADM prices, and you have to wonder about the long-term impact. Those customers will be in a negative equity situation for a much longer time, and I suspect that those customers' opinions will just confirm what so many customers' opinions have been for so many years and decades about dealerships. 

Makes me wonder how the market will shake out over the next 5-10 years with the slow conversion over to EVs to add to that. The average age of a car is pretty high and I'd assume that the market has a healthy demand for new vehicles, but with everything going up in price and I'm not sure if wages are keeping pace, I wonder how many people are going to say screw it drive their cars 15-20 years if they can. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Makes me wonder how the market will shake out over the next 5-10 years with the slow conversion over to EVs to add to that. The average age of a car is pretty high and I'd assume that the market has a healthy demand for new vehicles, but with everything going up in price and I'm not sure if wages are keeping pace, I wonder how many people are going to say screw it drive their cars 15-20 years if they can. 

My daily driver (in the summer) is a 29 year old F-150.

• Like 1