Mustang Mach-E Rally

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I like the Oz Rally wheels on it, could do without the stripes and deals on the side. 

The whole exterior appearance, especially the stripes and decals, is what makes the Mach-E Rally work and help identify this Mach-E model as being distinctive and special. For the image conscious enthusiast willing to spend the estimated $65,000 plus, the exterior appearance is what will help sell them on this Mach-E model. The only negative for me are the white wheels which are a visual distraction to me and take away from the overall positive appearance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pffan1990 said:

I actually like everything about it. The stripes and wheels and even the yellow color. The Rally should help boost MM-E sales in the new year.

Based on the expected pricing and availability, I'd expect the new Rally model to have minimal impact on overall Mach-E sales.  

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Based on the expected pricing and availability, I'd expect the new Rally model to have minimal impact on overall Mach-E sales.  

Yep, I don’t really understand the logic in creating this. Adding a trim based off rally cars which I have to imagine your average EV buyer (or any buyer for that matter) couldn’t care less about doesn’t make much sense. They probably would have made more money if they offered a “race stripe and fog light” package on the GT. If I had to guess, this will be gone by 2025 model year.

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

RS WRC 00 at the 2000 Acropolis Rally.

That is where the design idea is coming from....

I get where is comes from, doesn’t mean it looks good ?. And if you are going to have white wheels, you should at least have some white somewhere else in the vehicle to tie it all together.

Edit: I think the white wheels would be much more palatable if the mach e was white with black stripes. Any color besides white would probably need white stripes to match the wheels.

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Yep, I don’t really understand the logic in creating this. Adding a trim based off rally cars which I have to imagine your average EV buyer (or any buyer for that matter) couldn’t care less about doesn’t make much sense. They probably would have made more money if they offered a “race stripe and fog light” package on the GT. If I had to guess, this will be gone by 2025 model year.

I get where is comes from, doesn’t mean it looks good ?. And if you are going to have white wheels, you should at least have some white somewhere else in the vehicle to tie it all together.

Edit: I think the white wheels would be much more palatable if the mach e was white with black stripes. Any color besides white would probably need white stripes to match the wheels.

I think you raised some good points, in particular about the white wheels and introducing the Mach-E Rally as a separate model/trim vs. a GT option. We'll know better after seeing the order guide for the Rally model and the exterior paint choices available. The yellow paint really "sells" the vehicle which will attract a lot of attention, but it'll be interesting to see what other paint and decal colors are offered. 

35 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Adding a trim based off rally cars which I have to imagine your average EV buyer (or any buyer for that matter) couldn’t care less about doesn’t make much sense.

FIA World Rallycross now uses 100% electric vehicles (RX1e and RX2e). Maybe Ford is taking advantage of the attention that World RX has drawn after it made the transition to the electric age starting in 2021?

Charging-up-for-Launch.jpg

6 hours ago, akirby said:

That’s funny.  I love the stripes and decals but hate the wheels.  ?

agreed..they look somewhat like the OZs on my wifes Bronco Sport....but they need to be a different color than white...here they just look out of place

SPort.jpg

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Harley Lover said:

It's been mentioned before, but I imagine this model is aimed more at Europe, where there is a significant rally fan base that might be attracted to what this model represents. It can't be an accident that the first place this was shown publicly was the Goodwood Festival.

I know I mentioned this when it initially came out.  Don’t assume everything is geared towards Americans.

And I understand the wheels are historically accurate.  I just don’t like them personally.

7 hours ago, akirby said:

That’s funny.  I love the stripes and decals but hate the wheels.  ?

Yeah, I'm in your camp on this one.

3 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I think you raised some good points, in particular about the white wheels and introducing the Mach-E Rally as a separate model/trim vs. a GT option. We'll know better after seeing the order guide for the Rally model and the exterior paint choices available. The yellow paint really "sells" the vehicle which will attract a lot of attention, but it'll be interesting to see what other paint and decal colors are offered. 

Autoblog had this about colors:

While it certainly pops in Grabber Yellow (pictured), it can also be ordered in Grabber Blue, Shadow Black or Eruption Green. If you want something more upscale, Star White and Glacier Gray are extra cost options.

8 hours ago, Willwll313wll said:

I dont like the wheel either, and would be the first thing I change, or at least paint!

Cool idea though. I hope to see more variants. Give me a lifted Mustang too!

Well, we're supposedly getting that mustang raptor, though it will adopt more of a shooting brakes shape according to Explorerdude. Or that's one of the proposals they're considering at least. 

Taking a mustang, lifting it, giving it a more practical roofline, and AWD. This would be a very unconventional way of doing it, but maybe Ford's hoping a mustang raptor appeals to some of the buyers who wanted to see the return of a high performance V8 bronco. 

You couldn't take the doors off, and it wouldn't be as capable for intense off-road settings, but maybe that's what they're thinking with it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Well, we're supposedly getting that mustang raptor, though it will adopt more of a shooting brakes shape according to Explorerdude. Or that's one of the proposals they're considering at least. 

Taking a mustang, lifting it, giving it a more practical roofline, and AWD. This would be a very unconventional way of doing it, but maybe Ford's hoping a mustang raptor appeals to some of the buyers who wanted to see the return of a high performance V8 bronco. 

You couldn't take the doors off, and it wouldn't be as capable for intense off-road settings, but maybe that's what they're thinking with it. 

Give it a hatchback and I am sold.

• Like 1

I wish the rear spoiler was a bit more restrained, but otherwise I think this is a pretty cool upgrade package. 

Porsche charges $120k to get the Cross treatment for Taycan. I like what Ford is doing for half that price. The OZ style wheels are really on point ?

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 3