2025 charger production design completely revealed

GDppbJeXwAAm5r6.jpg

IMG_32361.jpg

Significant isn't the word I'd use - It sort of looks like the took the Charger's middle and slapped the Challenger's front and rear ends on.

I also don't understand then name "Charger Daytona" when they've had Charger as the 4-door for a long time now....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

GDppbJeXwAAm5r6.jpg

IMG_32361.jpg

Significant isn't the word I'd use - It sort of looks like the took the Charger's middle and slapped the Challenger's front and rear ends on.

Which is why I view it as a massive improvement. The challenger has some great graphical features, but some of the worst proportions and scaling of any performance vehicle on sale currently. The deck lid is so long, and ungainly compared to the sexy short deck, long hood, fluid roof of the mustang. Notchbacks will never be able to master to attractiveness of a sleek fastback. This newer design has much better proportions, and a considerably sleeker profile to my eye, while keeping those classic challenger details in the front and rear. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/revealed-2025-dodge-charger-daytona-shown-for-first-time

Dodge News photo

Dodge News photo

I dunno something about the front end just seems "off" to me

It's the front grille. It's a good shape, but it's a bit too narrow for the overall width of the car. If they had stretched it horizontally to wrap around the front fender (as illustrated below) it would have looked a little better to me. One of my only gripes with the design. 

IMG_20240112_130043.png

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

The proportions of it are odd to my eye too..maybe it will look better in person

Yeah, I wonder if the angle of the pic is throwing the proportions off. That rear 3/4 pic looks too much like the current charger to me. I really like the concept though so hopefully it looks more like that in person.

I liked the Charger concept quite a bit, but the production version looks even better.  It's hard to tell if the proportions have changed, but they feel better on the production model, especially the rear deck...which doesn't appear to droop as much as it did on the concept.  The c-pillar also looks a little less chunky.

This will be refreshing to see on the streets in a world awash with boring CUV's.  Hopefully they make a sedan version for Chrysler.  Ford should take a hint.

Charger concept vs production.JPG

2 hours ago, mustang84isu said:

Hopefully they make a sedan version for Chrysler.  Ford should take a hint.

Charger concept vs production.JPG

Couldn't agree more. Ford left passenger cars due to intense competition and their sedans being bland commodity products. These are bigger issues with the midsized crossover segment now. Many sedans have be discontinued since Ford killed their sedans, so there isn't as much competition these days. Ford would be smart to invest in some sort of sporty sedan that sells on passion, and could command a higher price. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Couldn't agree more. Ford left passenger cars due to intense competition and their sedans being bland commodity products. These are bigger issues with the midsized crossover segment now. Many sedans have be discontinued since Ford killed their sedans, so there isn't as much competition these days. Ford would be smart to invest in some sort of sporty sedan that sells on passion, and could command a higher price.

It's only a matter of time before we see the resurgence of sedans anyways. It's what younger people want, and it's the direction areo requirements are pushing EV design in anyways. Ford should get ahead of that trend. 

7 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

Let’s not get carried away.  Ford didn’t kill Fusion just because of competition.  There is even more competition in trucks between Ford, GM, Ram and Toyota.  Likewise with mid to large sized utilities.  The difference is pricing and profitability.  And remember they didn’t just walk away from Focus and Fusion - they replaced them with more profitable products.   And Fusion was NOT bland.  It was a great looking car.  Still is.  Styling wasn’t the problem.

I do agree there is room in the market for a premium sedan of some kind at lower volume.  But the question is this - is it a better investment than the other projects currently in queue?  

• Like 2

People that complain about sedans are the same people who complain about the lack of wagons in the North American market-they are a very vocal minority that doesn't actually buy what they complain about.

I doubt we'll ever see a resurgence in sedan sales-due to customer preferences and manufactures offering CUVs which are more profitable to them and the perception of them being more useful than a sedan. The only real reason the sedan form factor became so popular was it was more or less forced by the manufactures after WW2 and wagons where the alternative to them. Prior to this sedans where similar to CUV offerings. Trucks where too crude up till the 1970s and then they became the behemoth they are today. Then add in demographic and social changes that have happened over the past twenty years and we are at where we are at. 

The vast majority of Charger sales where to police departments and 300 sales fell off a cliff basically 15 years ago, after being very popular. 

54 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

the perception of them being more useful than a sedan.

It’s not a perception.  Huge difference in cargo and luggage capacity.  And for some the higher ground clearance and AWD is very useful.

57 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The only real reason the sedan form factor became so popular was it was more or less forced by the manufactures after WW2 and wagons where the alternative to them. Prior to this sedans where similar to CUV offerings. Trucks where too crude up till the 1970s and then they became the behemoth they are today. 

I think sedans became popular for the same reason they’re still popular today - they are the least expensive option to carry 4 or 5 people.  Cheaper than a wagon or utility and up until the turn of the century they were far more comfortable than trucks and SUVs.  And they got far better mpg.  Once trucks and utilities got 4 doors and seating for 5+ and closed the gap in ride quality and mpg the only real advantage was handling (which most buyers don’t care about) and more importantly - price.

• Like 3

The pen is mightier than the Product Planning Group. CUVs, SUVs SAVs and probably UFOs are classified as "Trucks," for EPA purposes.

If the EPA was to stick to its guns, all those up to D-size; Expedition, Suburban, Sequoia et al would be "Passenger Vehicles" and conform to those economy standards. We would see the return to lighter cheaper B- and C- sedans and coupes, or 70s style SUVs  with 127hp.

3 hours ago, twintornados said:

Would be nice if Ford did something along these design drawing concepts and called it Falcon...

image.png.a6c9f42d874e70dc519b99f4d9f183d9.png

You beat me to it! I was just going to post a comment about a Mustang Sedan concept meeting the criteria discussed and then saw your post!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

You beat me to it! I was just going to post a comment about a Mustang Sedan concept meeting the criteria discussed and then saw your post!

The best part is, it can be built at Flat Rock since it will fit in the body shop.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, twintornados said:

The best part is, it can be built at Flat Rock since it will fit in the body shop.

If I remember the new UAW contract correctly, there is new product of some sort scheduled for Flat Rock.

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

That plus being able to reuse a lot of the existing Mustang/Explorer components is the biggest advantage for such a vehicle,  it won’t be high volume but could demand much higher prices and profit than a C2 based Mondeo.   It just depends on what else they might have planned for Flat Rock and what else would have to be sacrificed in the product pipeline. 

• Like 3

On 1/12/2024 at 11:08 AM, DeluxeStang said:

Not bad, a significant improvement over the charger and challenger of years past imo. 

2025-Dodge-Charger-5-768x432.webp

2025-Dodge-Charger-3-768x432.webp

I actually preferred the outgoing models.  I thought the charger was a pretty good looking car, and the upper end Challengers as well, particularly the widebody variant.  

22 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

The proportions of it are odd to my eye too..maybe it will look better in person

I’m not sold yet on this new model.  It looks squished in the front and bulbous in the rear.  Weird proportions in my eyes.  

14 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

Couldn't agree more. Ford left passenger cars due to intense competition and their sedans being bland commodity products. 

I’ll have to disagree with you regarding bland styling. The last Fusion was a great car with excellent styling.  That certainly wasn’t the reason for its demise.