2024 Mustang Mach-E GT Bronze Appearance Package Debuts

2024 Mustang Mach-E GT Bronze Appearance Package Debuts

https://fordauthority.com/2024/01/2024-ford-mustang-mach-e-gt-bronze-appearance-package-debuts/

FordAuthority.com_2024 Mustang Mach-E GT_Bronze Appearance Package_Photo 01.jpg

Back in May 2022, Eric Cin, Ford Global Accessories Director, told Ford Authority that “bronze is the new black,” in terms of automotive wheel colors, noting that this particular hue had been growing in popularity for years to that point. Since then, the automaker has backed up those words by launching not only multiple bronze wheel options for multiple models, but also various trim pieces and even a Bronze Appearance Package or two. As Ford Authority reported last November, the 2024 Ford Mustang Mach-E was also set to gain a bronze wheel option as well, but now, the automaker has revealed an entire Bronze Appearance Package for its EV crossover that goes a bit further than that.

The 2024 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Bronze Appearance Package is available exclusively on the high-performance GT model, and is quite similar to other bronze packages offered on other Blue Oval products. It includes a set of 20-inch Sinister Bronze-painted aluminum wheels, along with bronze “Mach-E 4X”d door badges, a Sinister Bronze outlined rear GT badge, and a bronze mesh front grille. Customers can choose to pair the Mach-E GT Bronze Appearance Package with three exterior colors – Shadow Black, Star White Metallic Tri-Coat, or Eruption Green. Order banks for 2024 Ford Mustang Mach-E are set to open up later this winter, while a GT equipped with the optional Bronze Appearance Package is slated to start out at $60,750.

FordAuthority.com_2024 Mustang Mach-E GT_Bronze Appearance Package_Photo 03.jpg

Interestingly, Ford also revealed that customers will soon be able to purchase an optional performance upgrade for their Mach-E GT that will make it the quickest to date, though didn’t provide any additional information on what that might be. Regardless, the GT does gain some new standard equipment for the 2024 model year, including the MagneRide damping system, 385mm front brake rotors with red-painted Brembo calipers, and a 10-way power driver’s seat with Ford Performance seats up front as well. As Ford Authority previously reported, the 2024 Mustang Mach-E lineup is also losing the California Route 1 trim, but gaining the new racing-inspired Mach-E Rally.

FordAuthority.com_2024 Mustang Mach-E GT_Bronze Appearance Package_Photo 04.jpg

The Mach-E is just the latest Blue Oval model to get the bronze treatment, as the Ford Performance catalog already offers 22-inch Sinister Bronze wheels for the Ford F-150, as well as two different 17-inch Sinister Bronze wheel designs for the Ford Bronco, which also received a bronze grille lettering overlay kit and a bronze real emblem overlay kit as options in the FP catalog as well. The all-new 2024 Ford Mustang, on the other hand, can be spec’d with the Bronze Design Series Appearance Package, which adds a host of unique. elements such as Sinister Bronze alloy wheels and bronze badges.

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content
  • Like 1

In my opinion, this has to rank very high on my list of ugliest vehicles ever. I can't imagine anyone spending GT money no less for this, but to each their own. Also imagining how long one of these Bronze Appearance Packages with the Eruption Green paint will sit on the lot!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

In my opinion, this has to rank very high on my list of ugliest vehicles ever. I can't imagine anyone spending GT money no less for this, but to each their own. Also imagining how long one of these Bronze Appearance Packages with the Eruption Green paint will sit on the lot!

The grille should definitely stay the same color as the normal gt, it's too much. But the wheels and color themselves aren't too bad imo. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

The grille should definitely stay the same color as the normal gt, it's too much. But the wheels and color themselves aren't too bad imo. 

I agree, the grille should've just gotten an accent of bronze - maybe a bronze surround, not the whole thing, it's too much.

24 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

LOVE the color and the wheels.  The "grille," not so much.

Same here...I'd have to see it in person. I don't hate it but it might not age well. 

Seems like EVs are going through their ugly duckling phase of styling that cars from the mid 1970s till the 1980s went through with graphics appearance packages that sometimes didn't work out. 

• Like 1

I’m a little uncertain about the grill on this MME.  I would have to see it in person, but bronze has become pretty popular in the aftermarket. My son talked me into bronze on my current truck instead of my usual black, and I have to say I like it quite a bit. I tried to attach a pic, but the upload kept failing.  

I think that Ford has given up on high volume sales for Mach E and now it’s just seeking out niche buyers. Just thinking, many potential Mach E buyers probably went the Tesla Y route and this distinctive color may appeal to them.