Explorer America Concept

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to go with Noah on this one.

Pioneer, if you need to two more than 3500 pounds, why are you even considering an Explorer?

How often do you need to seat six people in your SUV? What are you a private school bus franchise?

Who cares if it doesn't have a frame, it's not a serious off road or racing vehicle anyway. It's a people mover so unibody will work. They aren't trying to compete in that segment with it. Chill out.

Is it too much to ask to have Pioneer downsized? If I EVER heard a jackass like that talking about my company in that manner he would be on the street in seconds. How can you even accept a paycheck from a company you have so much dislike for? You are everything that is still wrong with Ford. Hopefully someone will wake up and correct the situation then you can go along your miserable way and leave Ford to the people who actually care about it.

Is it too much to ask to have Pioneer downsized? If I EVER heard a jackass like that talking about my company in that manner he would be on the street in seconds. How can you even accept a paycheck from a company you have so much dislike for? You are everything that is still wrong with Ford. Hopefully someone will wake up and correct the situation then you can go along your miserable way and leave Ford to the people who actually care about it.

He calls it "Tough Love"

But he can sure still accept that paycheck they give him

Maybe they should stop paying him and call it tough love...

No frame - strike one

3500 lb. towing capacity - strike two

Seating for only up to six - strike three

Guess I will have to shop somewhere else. Ford had to try really hard to lose an employee as a customer, but they really did a hell of a job.

No frame - who cares

3500 lb towing capacity - where did it say that? What do you need it to have? A 340 HP Ecoboost V6 should be capable to tow at least 5000 lbs. without a problem.

Seating for only up to six - the current Explorer has optional 2nd row captain's chairs that reduces seating capacity to 6. Since the next Explorer will probably be as big, if not bigger, then the Flex, I would be willing to bet that the next gen Explorer will have 7 (possibly 8) seats standard and will also probably have the optional row captain's chairs that reduces seating capacity to 6 (possibly 7).

Seeing that you keep your cars for a while, just buy the last year of the current generation, that should keep you happy for the next few years...

Since the next Explorer will probably be as big, if not bigger, then the Flex,

I doubt that very much. First, the Explorer America has a way shorter wheelbase than the Flex. If you look at the MK Flex "mule" that's posted here, you will see that the rear doors/B-pillar have been lengthened what looks like 3". So the MK Flex is longer than the Taurus X, and you expect the Explorer to be bigger than that?

No way.

Gee. Assuming production vehicle only seats six based on a concept. Wow. That is soooo lame.

I'd like to know how the hell you can fit 7 people in an explorer now...you can barely fit 6 with the rear seat in it. The 3rd Row seating is good for short hops of under 20 minutes, after that your torching people back there...

I'd like to know how the hell you can fit 7 people in an explorer now...you can barely fit 6 with the rear seat in it. The 3rd Row seating is good for short hops of under 20 minutes, after that your torching people back there...

exactly...in reality it is a 5 + 2....kids in the back please

Isn't that why Ford builds the Expedition?

1) It's already been refuted. A unibody vehicle can be as good as a BOF vehicle in any respect.

2) A ) The current base explorer only has a 3500lb towing capacity. B ) who said the new explorer would be limited to 3500 lbs?

3) Going from 'optionally seats 7' to 'seats 6' and all of a sudden you're like "OMG? Teh Suxors!"? Do you have 5 kids? Do you have ANY kids?

Anyhow, if they lose one Pioneer and gain two real customers, then all's the better.

Besides, I haven't heard you speak well of a Ford product since I first came to this board.

I have a unit-body SUV it creaks like a warped floor.

My V8 Explorer can tow over 7,000 lbs. Way more than 3500, unless my calculator is broken.

I have three kids and two dogs. Lets see, 2 adults, plus 3 kids, plus 2 large dogs = no new Explorer for me.

And, I speak the truth about Ford vehicles. If I haven't said anything good about them, that means there is nothing good to say.

He calls it "Tough Love"

But he can sure still accept that paycheck they give him

Maybe they should stop paying him and call it tough love...

I earn my paycheck, they don't just give it to me. In the same sense, I don't just give Ford my business. They have to earn it with products that I want to buy.

Isn't that why Ford builds the Expedition?

Expedition is too large. The Explorer can do everything the Expedition can and still fit in my garage.

In reality, if I needed something as big as the Expedition, I would go out and buy a used diesel Excursion. Ford dropped the ball in dropping that truck.

Then there's the Honda Pilot concept . . .

2009pilotproto---33_opt.jpg

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/13/detroit...ototype-appear/

My eyes! My eyes! Its almost as scary as the photo Pioneer has. It looks like the monster in the Cloverfield movie. I like the following quote from Autoblog...

Overall, we find the exterior design inoffensive and bland, except for those headlights that seem to follow us around the room. Seriously Honda, you're scaring the kids.
Edited by MarkFive