Local Flex sales

I spoke to one local Ford dealership where I have friends at, and they have 2 Flex's...none of sold yet and they have been there a week... They tell me many Focus/Fusions are selling, but shocked the Flex hasn't.

I haven't seen any on the road yet, but I've seen them at the plant I work at. Kinda cool looking, but I about fell over when I saw the price. The cheapest of the three was 33K and the highest one was 43K. Thats a lot O money these days around these parts, especially when you see the 16mpg city. I hope against hope it does well, but I'm afriad it's about two years too late.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't seen any on the road yet, but I've seen them at the plant I work at. Kinda cool looking, but I about fell over when I saw the price. The cheapest of the three was 33K and the highest one was 43K. Thats a lot O money these days around these parts, especially when you see the 16mpg city. I hope against hope it does well, but I'm afriad it's about two years too late.

It is the same problem here. I saw them at the dealership and both cost over $30K. That indeed is a lot of money for a vehicle... sort of makes that $23,000 Explorer (after all the rebates) look like a bargain.

It is the same problem here. I saw them at the dealership and both cost over $30K. That indeed is a lot of money for a vehicle... sort of makes that $23,000 Explorer (after all the rebates) look like a bargain.

If you look at most vehicles today, that really isn't a lot of money.

People need to go look and compare the price of the Flex to other 7 passenger vehicles and maybe they will realize that it is actually priced really competitvely, I remember back in 2002 when me and my dad were looking at Expeditions a base model which has considerably content than a base level Flex was going for 32k. Heck a base model Saturn Outlook stickers for almost 30k ( I am sure GM is already having a fire sale on those along with every other car in their lineup).

Edited by 94bronco

I stopped in my local spot to check out the Flex. Interior is nice and overall it's a nice vehicle. I was shocked though when I went around and check the sticker. 43 LARGE!! DOAH! I couldn't believe it. It's a nice vehicle but I'm not sure about that. This one was loaded with the Vista roof etc but damn, that's a lot of cash. I haven't seen one on the road yet as a customer owned unit.

While interesting looking and nice interior wise, it'll be very interesting to see how the Flex fairs sales wise long term.

I stopped in my local spot to check out the Flex. Interior is nice and overall it's a nice vehicle. I was shocked though when I went around and check the sticker. 43 LARGE!! DOAH! I couldn't believe it. It's a nice vehicle but I'm not sure about that. This one was loaded with the Vista roof etc but damn, that's a lot of cash. I haven't seen one on the road yet as a customer owned unit.

While interesting looking and nice interior wise, it'll be very interesting to see how the Flex fairs sales wise long term.

Drop the navigation system, vista roof, DVD system, and fridge off of that and you have dropped the price $5700! Drop to a FWD and you drop another $1700. The options are pricey and add up in a hurry, but they are options that the average Joe does not NEED.

We are going to order a Flex in the next month or so, and you can get a lot of Flex for not much money (comparatively). Or, you can get a whole lotta buncha Flex for a whole lotta buncha money. You can have it either way. Those complaining about the prices don't get it.

Drop the navigation system, vista roof, DVD system, and fridge off of that and you have dropped the price $5700! Drop to a FWD and you drop another $1700. The options are pricey and add up in a hurry, but they are options that the average Joe does not NEED.

We are going to order a Flex in the next month or so, and you can get a lot of Flex for not much money (comparatively). Or, you can get a whole lotta buncha Flex for a whole lotta buncha money. You can have it either way. Those complaining about the prices don't get it.

Almost all the Flexes delivered to Detroit Dealers around here are SE's listing for $29,200. Most have SYNC as only option. The SE is a nice vehicle and has a decent list of standard feautures. Looks to me like Dealers around here are ordering mostly SE's and maybe a few SEL's listing for about $33,000. I have only seen at most one Limited on lot. In this economy, probably wise move. The Flexes I have seen in driveway of home are all SE's. On A or X plan, customer can probably get the SE for about $25-26,000. A lot of car for that kind of money. A lot of car or should I say wagon or CUV.

Saw this today, looked REALLY good in a driveway, looks like it was the cinnamon color with a silver roof..

Flex looks like a million bucks right there. It has more style on its tailgate than every minivan ever manufactured. Let's get an EcoBoost and hybrid on the streets ASAP.

Flex looks like a million bucks right there. It has more style on its tailgate than every minivan ever manufactured. Let's get an EcoBoost and hybrid on the streets ASAP.

I would have taken better pics if it hadn't been in someones driveway..

The thing looked really good in person, I bet it's a real attention getter from the guy's neighbors, I'm sure they'll all be asking what it is if they don't already know. Actually it looked better than "really good", looked incredible..

I just hope gas prices don't hurt em, but then it gets better mileage than all the big trucks and SUV's people are trading in soo.......

I wouldn't say I'm complaining about the price, merely stating my surprise at it. And yes, I purchased a '08 Escape limited about a year ago. All I'm saying is that in this economic climate and with gas prices being what they are, I'm not sure how many of these they'll be moving at $40K+. Sure, you can get them at around 32K it'll do okay.

I wouldn't say I'm complaining about the price, merely stating my surprise at it. And yes, I purchased a '08 Escape limited about a year ago. All I'm saying is that in this economic climate and with gas prices being what they are, I'm not sure how many of these they'll be moving at $40K+. Sure, you can get them at around 32K it'll do okay.

we have 3 at UNDER 30k.......find a 7 passenger vehicle THIS comfortable for them apples....

course one could spend 30k on a MINI or a Volvo C30....and add a Thule atop to cram in the extra 3 passsengers....you guys are all bitching about price and TOTALLY missing the point....look at the vehicles the Flex is intended to compete against...........

so our flex cant be sold yet and has to go to the body shop, didnt see it till today but the left door handles are blue and the right are chrome. what happend to the hold for QC?

imagine trying to fix a door ding, what with the ribs and all...........