Camaro V6 Rated 29 MPG Highway!

Sup,

The Mustang is everything but crude. You dream about IRS being all fancy and wonderful, but the fact of the matter is with engineering put into that live axle, it handles better that a lot of IRS setups. The new Challenger has an IRS, and yet the Mustang out handles it. The Genesis has an IRS and the 'Stang out handles it as well. I have a T-Bird SC a few years ago, it's IRS would not out handle the Mustang.

As for letting the customer decide, Ford ask and polled thousands of Mustang owners when they redesigned the Mustang for 2005, people didn't want the IRS. I would like to see it as an option, but until the majority of Mustang owners want it, you won't see it.

The Mustang is a muscle car. It is not meant to directly compete with the Genesis or any of these imports. It is meant to compete against other Muscle Cars. It whoops the Challenger already, and is competing against an imaginary Camaro at this point.

As for the the 3.5l being in the mustang, where does it makes it's torque?. I do not believe we have seen the 3.5l in a RWD setup yet, have we?. So maybe they are not there with it yet. Also, Ecoboost will come, Ford is just being careful. Factory Boosted engines need more time for reliabilty testing, last this you want is to be paying warrenty repairs on a turbo because you choose one with shitty bearings.

Skape

Edited by SkapeGote

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what we've been reading bwtween the lines... Yes.

expect... 3.5L V6, 3.5L Ecoboost, 5.0L V8, & SC 5.4L or NA 6.2L for the Cobras.

When will we actually get the 2011 car with the new powertrains? spring 2010? fall 2010? Tomorrow afternoon?

I should do that...do the cheats still work?

Sad thing is, I remembered that from 20+ years ago, but I can't remember any calculus from 10 years ago! :(

The solution to an integral is its anti-derivative.

There. That's all you need to know.

That and pattern matching for symbolic solutions of integrals is about as much fun as using your head as jackhammer.

Edited by RichardJensen

...Ford pretty much had no choice but the 4.0L SOHC when they redesigned the Mustang in 2005 because it was the most modern V6 they had at the time ...

Actually, due to German work rules, they needed a "home" for an engine that should have been retired a long time ago.

Ford recently had to make some kind of a "deal" with the German government and the German auto workers union to "replace" the 4.0L with something else when it does finally die in the next year or so.

You thought the UAW was tough to bargain with. The German government backs the unions on plant closing. I guess that they are really interested in keeping jobs inside of their country.

P.S. Not only will the 3.5L base engine get better fuel economy, I'll bet it is lighter and cheaper to manufacture !

Edited by theoldwizard

The Mustang is everything but crude. You dream about IRS being all fancy and wonderful, but the fact of the matter is with engineering put into that live axle, it handles better that a lot of IRS setups. The new Challenger has an IRS, and yet the Mustang out handles it. The Genesis has an IRS and the 'Stang out handles it as well. I have a T-Bird SC a few years ago, it's IRS would not out handle the Mustang.

I agree that the Mustang can out handle some of its competitors. However, it is still crude. When I'm driving around a corner and hit a bump my car continues on its path. In a Mustang the back end will step out. That is crude. The Mustang's SRA is effective, but it is crude.

The Mustang is in need of new engines and it appears that it will be getting them soon.

Scott

I agree that the Mustang can out handle some of its competitors. However, it is still crude. When I'm driving around a corner and hit a bump my car continues on its path. In a Mustang the back end will step out. That is crude.

Is this personal experience or sheer speculation?

The solution to an integral is its anti-derivative.

There. That's all you need to know.

That and pattern matching for symbolic solutions of integrals is about as much fun as using your head as jackhammer.

Stop! I didn't say I wanted to remember! :hysterical:

I do remember one thing...the square root of -1.

I realy doubt in the real word this car will get 29 MPG. Wiht a 2.2 Four, maybe yes.

What's so hard to believe?

The 2009 Taurus is rated at 18/28 mpg and I'd expect drivers often achieve that on cruise at 60 mph.

Heck, my 4,000 lb 4.0 Falcon pick up with 5 speed auto regularly achieves US26 mpg cruising.