Lincoln Working Up Rear-Drive Options

I posted the screen cap, but it was wildosvt and MKII with the eagle eyes to pick it out in the first place.

I've not been particularly impressed with anything I've ever heard come out of Paul Eisenstein's mouth (it usually required a rather large shaker of salt, IMHO), but I certainly hope that this quote form the article is accurate:

But maybe the four door sedan unibody I pointed out may be the RWD car based on the Mustang... (Or maybe a MKS.) Anyway look for it (cool looking rear fender anyway) in the video a few seconds after the Mustang unibody when they show the drummer from a different angle.

That was a 2008 concept. The car seemed to come out less than a year after this with the new front.

You sure? I distinctly remember seeing this concept while the Five Hundred/Montego were still relatively new. Even this site refers to it as a 2005 concept, though the production version was to come much later...

Edited by papilgee4evaeva

There was also an F100 pickup.... I don't expect a Lincoln pickup any time soon.

I would agree with you except the scene with the F!00 was in a past/dream sequence. The welding scene with the Mustang is shown currently, with the rear air bag seat belt of the new MKZ. They are showing what is happening recently/currently.

Edited by timmm55

Just put a new top hat on the Falcon, CD4 MKS cabin interior equipment in it and call it MKR,

the supercharged 5.0 is bound to attract SOME sales at a fraction of Caddy's Alpha costs...

tho I'd prefer a 5.0TwinForce and an actual Name Continental.gif, either way it'd really put a 'dent' in the coming CTS.

just 1 question,

where to build it?

Yeah, kinda like extras. They just grab 'em off the street and use them to fill the screen, paying absolutely no attention to what vehicles they are.

They could be random bodies, but Farley and Lincoln are being too careful in their marketing for that to make sense. I'm with akirby on this--we may be reading too much into its presence, but I don't think that Mustang shell is there by mistake/chance. As for the sedan, it could be a previous-gen MKZ or a pre-production variant; it's likely that the video was shot before Hermosillo had switched over to the 2013 run, so they may not have had a now-current body for the shoot.