Ford Dec 2014 + 2014 Year End Sales Results

ANTAUS

Mustang Sales are impressive, but then again its first month with any appreciable amount of 2015 Stock on the lots.

Lincoln seems to have stopped the bleeding outside of the MKS and MKT, which are both due for replacement or putting out to pasture soon. The Navigator had a nice bump in sales too.

The Explorer is doing gang busters...between the civ model and the PIU, they are selling over 200K of them a year! The Taurus had a down year with the PI, but heck at this point they are just nice additions with the Taurus moving over to Flat Rock in the next year or so.

Looks like the face lift has helped the Navigator considerably!

F Series sales continue to impress. Not bad only losing 1.3% for the year with a huge chunk of production being down for quite some time.

Yeah but it's killing my dream of finding a 2014 leftover model with $10K discount........

• Like 1

Yeah but it's killing my dream of finding a 2014 leftover model with $10K discount........

There's a few left here in central MO. Nary a '15 on the local lot though.

BTW, used 2008 STX supercabs are going for $15K-$20K whereas I can buy a new one with minimal incentives for $27K-$30K. It's crazy with the used truck prices. Guess I'll have to go back to my plan to find a nice 1977 F100 and restore it.

I ran into the same thing when I bought my '05. I actually paid less than their bottom dollar for the '04 sitting on the used lot with 24k miles on it!

BTW, used 2008 STX supercabs are going for $15K-$20K whereas I can buy a new one with minimal incentives for $27K-$30K. It's crazy with the used truck prices. Guess I'll have to go back to my plan to find a nice 1977 F100 and restore it.

I understand it's not true apples to apples but last December I paid $12,500 for a 99 SuperDuty with a 7.3 Power Stroke and over 200k miles on it. I thought that was high.

Looks like the face lift has helped the Navigator considerably!

F Series sales continue to impress. Not bad only losing 1.3% for the year with a huge chunk of production being down for quite some time.

Anecdotal evidence, I know, but I've seen quite a few new Navigators already. It really did make it look a lot better (not that that was necessarily hard to do lol).

• Like 1

Dang.. still moving over 74,000 F-Series in the middle of the changeover.

Wow, that means Ford moved a lot of F150 stock last month, looks like Ford is flying

with running out '14 stock and getting new '15s in front of buyers.

That's gotta be 50,000 F150s or better in December... mighty impresive.

Edited by jpd80

A lot of truck sales came from Sec 179 being extended at the last minute for business owners. Lots of businesses went truck shopping the last couple weeks of December. I wouldn't be surprised if the sales breakdown had a larger number of F-250+ being sold than normal.

• Like 1

Over 10,000 Transit sold in December. Where is the E-series mafia? We need some accountability here...

Over 5,000 Transit Connect again. FWD work van will never sell right? Just like FWD pickup truck will never sell ;)

Transit definitely catching on - saw a bunch of them on the road configured for shuttle service between Denver International and I-70 Ski Country over the Christmas and New Year Holiday.

A lot of truck sales came from Sec 179 being extended at the last minute for business owners. Lots of businesses went truck shopping the last couple weeks of December. I wouldn't be surprised if the sales breakdown had a larger number of F-250+ being sold than normal.

Well, the press is spinning more negativity at F Series....only 5% December F-Series sales were 2015 models.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/01/05/fords-f-150-is-still-getting-clobbered-by-gm-and-c.aspx

Over 10,000 Transit sold in December. Where is the E-series mafia? We need some accountability here...

Over 5,000 Transit Connect again. FWD work van will never sell right? Just like FWD pickup truck will never sell ;)

I'm guessing the Sec. 179 extension intrepidatious referenced comes into play with these figures as well.

However, the Transit addresses the biggest single shortcoming of the E-150/250: Their ability to haul people. As long as Ford's serving the medium duty range with a different product, there's no reason not to expect the Transit + MD to exceed the E-Series market share.

Consider the source. Motley Fool is not a good source.

My concern is if only Dearborn Assembly is producing the new F Series and now Kansas City is going down for the next 8 weeks to prepare to build it.....Will Ford lose the sales lead to Chevy who is currently building and rebating their Silverado? Ford F series has held the lead for 32 years. I don't think we can build them fast enough and only from one plant.

My concern is if only Dearborn Assembly is producing the new F Series and now Kansas City is going down for the next 8 weeks to prepare to build it.....Will Ford lose the sales lead to Chevy who is currently building and rebating their Silverado? Ford F series has held the lead for 32 years. I don't think we can build them fast enough and only from one plant.

That's why Ford lowered the incentive to build up inventory... so they can keep the volume level.

Fullsize 2014 sales

Ford F-Series 753,851 -1.3%

Chevy Silverado 529,755 +10.3%

Ram Ram 439,789 +23.7%

GMC Sierra 211,833 +14.9%

Toyota Tundra 118,493 +5.1%

Nissan Titan 12,527 -20.2%

In order for Chevy to overtake F-Series in 2015, GM will have to increase Silverado sales by 42% if Ford sales stay the same. Let me put it this way... there is a better chance of Ram catching up with Silverado and that is GM's real worry... If Chevy sales holds steady, Ram only has to ramp up 20% sales increase to catch Chevy - vs. 24% sales increase they just booked this year so it is entirely doable for the FCA team if they want to lose their shirt just to claim the #2 spot.

Silverado catching up to F-Series is like Fusion catching up with Camry (only need to increase sales by 40% instead of 42%!) - Not. Gonna. Happen.

Toyota Camry 428,606 +4.9%

Honda Accord 388,374 +5.9%

Nissan Altima 335,644 +4.7%

Ford Fusion 306,860 +3.9%

Hyundai Sonata 216,936 +6.5%

Chevy Malibu 188,519 -6.0%

Kia Optima 159,020 -0.2%

Chrysler 200 117,363 -4.2%

VW Passat 96,649 -11.9%

Mazda6 53,224 +22.0%

Subaru Legacy 52,270 +23.6% (+ Outback 138,790 = 191,060)

Dodge Avenger 51,705 -44.9%

Buick Regal 22,560 +20.7%

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

And I would add, the Altima is the poverty queen special which is catering to high credit risk consumers. It's not because its THAT great of a product.

Ford core products had a good year and increase sales, but it's all the other models that are experiencing the drops. Fiesta/Focus/Flex/Taurus that obviously need a freshening. And some just need the ax (MKT)...

Wow VW, so much for their goal of being the worlds largest automaker.

And I would add, the Altima is the poverty queen special which is catering to high credit risk consumers. It's not because its THAT great of a product.

Ford core products had a good year and increase sales, but it's all the other models that are experiencing the drops. Fiesta/Focus/Flex/Taurus that obviously need a freshening. And some just need the ax (MKT)...

Fiesta already had its refresh, I think it's probably at its sales ceiling. Especially if gas prices stay low for a long period of time.

Focus is in the middle of launching its refresh, TBD if it helps, I'm guessing it's going to be held back my fuel prices and a general lack of features vs. the competition.

Isn't flex due to get the axe soon, and likewise MKT?

I would guess we see a new Taurus debut sometime later this year as MY2016 as well a formal announcement of shifting production of it and MKS (which will probably debut this year as well) to Flat Rock.