'18 Mustang Leaked-Drops V6

I will take it with a grain of salt, but the rumors run close to what's being touted as actually FROM a non existent ordering guide....hell, last I looked it WAS STILL 2016......

It wasn't from an order guide it was from a preliminary parts catalog which is usually done in advance to prepare the suppliers.

I don't want that turbo that needs expensive 93 octane gas to get the HP and fuel economy it advertises so it can cost more than the v6 to fill up. At first I thought the turbo was a good idea, but not any more.

The v8 is too expensive and costs too much to insure.

I'm keeping my 2012 until flying cars are invented... unless the flying car comes with a turbo 4!

@atomcat....funny, I get into the octane discussion all the time, theres a catch 22 though....we don't get 93 here, but the difference in cost between 87 and 91 octane is usually 15 -20 cents....so, when I fill up my ST ( it takes about 12 gallons )...it costs me about $2.40 more...big deal, that's less than a double half caff milk soy with a double expresso shot that just unchains the hoon in me when behind the wheel and elicits nervous twitches and rapid eye blinking at stoplights ...but my MPGs also go up a couple of miles per gallon, so IMO it more than makes up for the difference and the car benefits from more Horsepower. Not only that, Ive never used anything other than 91 octane Chevron in my Bike, heads were off at 80000 and were as clean as new and didn't even need valve adjustment, I just hit 96000 miles...ZERO issues. Bike takes 4.2 gallons...that's 84 cents...its tough, but I can live with that...

• Like 3

I don't want that turbo that needs expensive 93 octane gas to get the HP and fuel economy it advertises so it can cost more than the v6 to fill up. At first I thought the turbo was a good idea, but not any more.

The v8 is too expensive and costs too much to insure.

I'm keeping my 2012 until flying cars are invented... unless the flying car comes with a turbo 4!

Especially when 93 octane gas is not available in much of the country.

It wasn't from an order guide it was from a preliminary parts catalog which is usually done in advance to prepare the suppliers.

even worse than a proposed dealer order list, I'm betting the thing is not reflective of all proposed changes.

I wonder what became of the TTV6 plans Ford had a while back, could you imagine the Raptor engine in Mustang....

Wonder if the 3.7 will be phased out across the board... what's it left in - Transit and Lincolns?

The 3.5L and 3.7L are basically the same engine except for bores and pistons. I'm surprised FoMoCo didn't just install the 3.5L into the S550 V6 Mustang... since they were intent on castrating it anyways.

@hoss...and I would guess even your premium gas is significantly cheaper than here in So Cal....we have our special blends you know.....lol...

Yes, it all depends on whether regular is $1.80/gal or $2.50/gal or $2.90/gal before the midgrade or premium cost is added.

I can understand when prices approach $3/gal that people notice an additional 60 cents a gal but if you're only paying $1.80,

well maybe it's not as painful. Nobody likes the thought of havng to pay more just because you choose a turbo car over an

atmo V6 or V8. I guess it's personal choice whether you feed your cars regular, midgrade or premium..

Midgrade seems to cost a lot less than premium and could be a reasonable alternative up to a point.......

Edited by jpd80