Ford Bronco will ride again, says CEO Mark Fields at Detroit auto show

I'd imagine that Pricing for the Ranger will parallel what GM has done Colorado Vs Silverado.

So Id's expect Ranger exists to fill the product hole and price below F150... maybe ~$5K less?

So if F150 XLT loaded is $43K, then perhaps a loaded Ranger XLT for around $38K?

and then you have whatever discounts Ford chooses to throw at them...

(That's around the price converted for an Aussie SuperCab XLT 3.2 4x4..)

Edited by jpd80

don't rightfully know how long Ive been coming here, but I remember a big discussion years ago about the ever escalating prices of vehicles, and I used BMW as an example of why I thought the ranger would actually make a re-appearance...necessity.....the 2 series had slotted in where the 3 series used to be, the 3 series where the 5 series used to be, the 5 series where the 7 used to be....and all to do with ever increasing costs. Its crazy....don't they know that the more expensive a car becomes, the smaller the market becomes....it may just be reflective of inflation and increased overheads and appeasing Federal regs, but my GOD, not a day gos by where I don't personally get sticker shock...and I sell the damn things....$80,000 Super Duties??????

• Like 1

No way id pay 35k for a ranger..none..ur better off taking the hit and getting a f150 that you can actually hall stuff in or buying a used f150 and lettin the other guy take the depreciation hit..

People actually like owning new cars that haven't been abused somehow by a previous owner...or a car/truck spec'd to their tastes

as for the Bronco lacking an opening roof...some rumors here

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/01/ford-bronco-air-roof-will-give-open-air-off-roading-via-six-removable-panels/

A basic single cab Colorado starts just above $20K but a lot of GM's Colorado/Canyon sales are Dual cabs,

there are a lot of people that do buy them so if anyone wants a low mileage one, I'm sure there's that option as well..

Crew cab short box starts around $27K and the crew cab long box around $28K, Silverado Crew short and STD box

prices are about $10K more so depending how far you want to option those versions depends on your cash.. :)

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

People actually like owning new cars that haven't been abused somehow by a previous owner...or a car/truck spec'd to their tastes

as for the Bronco lacking an opening roof...some rumors here

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/01/ford-bronco-air-roof-will-give-open-air-off-roading-via-six-removable-panels/

So whose familiar enough with trademarks to research the "Air Roof"?

I wouldn't mind something like this.... Those fiberglass tops are heavy!

Edited by probowler
  • Like 1

How about this scenario: Everyone was asking what the third vehicle was going to be at MAP. What if it is the 4-door Everest? Some might say it is too close to the Explorer but you could argue that it only LOOKS similar and that because it is a body-on-frame SUV and smaller than the Expedition there could be a large enough market in North America to justify adding it to the mix at MAP.

I don't think you would actually want to call it a Bronco especially if the 2-door has significantly better off-road chops. That would only diminish the Bronco name. Just use the name it already has but maybe give it the same front clip as the NA Ranger.

All three vehicles could be built on the updated version of the T6 Ranger chassis currently being developed in OZ but probably with a wider body than the current truck only because I doubt you would want a smaller width interior than the NA competition. I suppose you could go the GM route and make the NA version wider than the ROW truck but that would not seem like a sound business model especially considering the parts sharing potential with three other plants (S. Africa, Thailand and Argentina) for the Ranger alone.

The argument for two different width bodies would be that a wider body might not be viable in markets outside NA. If they go that route that could open up the possibility that the NA versions get aluminum bodies while the smaller ROW versions carry on with steel. I don't really see that happening though.

Just make sure the top of the line engine is the second gen 2.7EB and I would have signed the papers yesterday.

• Like 1

So whose familiar enough with trademarks to research the "Air Roof"?

I wouldn't mind something like this.... Those fiberglass tops are heavy!

Sure hope it doesn't leak like the Fox body T-tops did. I had to make sure I parked my '86 5.0L Capri facing downhill on rainy days. Not cool.

Wonder if it's similar to the removable panels on the Jeep Renegade...

TTAC hinted that's the direction they might be leaning towards. Makes sense with modern crash regs. It's not the retro come off in one piece that I'm sure people want but it's certainly a more convenient and easier to handle package. A best of both worlds scenario if you will.

How about this scenario: Everyone was asking what the third vehicle was going to be at MAP. What if it is the 4-door Everest? Some might say it is too close to the Explorer but you could argue that it only LOOKS similar and that because it is a body-on-frame SUV and smaller than the Expedition there could be a large enough market in North America to justify adding it to the mix at MAP.

I don't think you would actually want to call it a Bronco especially if the 2-door has significantly better off-road chops.

I don't think the difference between a 2 door and 4 door Bronco would be that great when it comes to off-road ability.

Not to mention, outside of the Wrangler, the 2 door SUV market is deader then a doornail since the late 1990s.

To me, a two door or four door will work for me. Just keep it under 190 inches long overall. A stick would be great, but I'm not holding my breath. If I got a Bronco, mine would be closer in looks to a Icon one, I don't care too much about off-road ability as long as it doesn't impair overall comfort on road, which it would be used 99% of the time.

Perhaps the 2 door will be the traditional Bronco while the 4 door will have the same styling and drivetrain/suspension but have more features and be more traditional.

That doesn't work well for those of us who want 4-doors and similar functionality as a Wrangler Unlimited, but would like to buy a Ford product.

That would also support it being an Everest replacement. Best of both worlds.

I just watched an interview with Raj Nair by John McElroy, and Nair said specifically that the Bronco was completely unique to the Everest, which is good news to me.

That doesn't work well for those of us who want 4-doors and similar functionality as a Wrangler Unlimited, but would like to buy a Ford product.

How? He said it was the same aside from it offering more features?

I just watched an interview with Raj Nair by John McElroy, and Nair said specifically that the Bronco was completely unique to the Everest, which is good news to me.

How? He said it was the same aside from it offering more features?

I meant that it may not have removable doors, e.g.