2018 Mustang Hp/Tq Numbers

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2017/07/24/fastest-mustang-GT.html

460 hp, 420 ft.lbs

The new 10 speed auto puts the GT into sub 4 second 0-60 times with the drag mode. Impressive, but I'd still get the manual.

This is equally impressive.

Drivers of EcoBoost®-equipped Mustang also will feel increased power on the strip. The retuned EcoBoost four-cylinder generates 310 horsepower and 350 lb.-ft. of torque – a 30 lb.-ft. gain over the current model. In Drag Strip mode with Performance Package and the 10-speed automatic, the 2018 EcoBoost-powered Mustang posts an impressive 0-to-60-mph time of under five seconds.

I wish they could have made a version of this 5.0 available for the Raptor, with a bump of the torque rating.

Not sure that's possible. 420 ft-lbs is already impressive for a naturally aspirated gas engine of 5.0L displacement. I can't imagine there's much left at this point without going bigger or blowing on it. Going to the 5.8L stroke would probably make it at least competitive with the current 3.5L. What we really need is that new 7.0L...... And then maybe an ecoboost version of that!!

Pretty impressive. It sounds like they addressed the issues that hampered the previous GTs at the strip - more low end torque and better traction. With the higher revving engine, it would hit 60 with only one gear change - first to second. It sounds like in drag-strip mode, ALL torque management was taken out resulting in basically lightning quick power shifts.

I used to love lining up against Mustang GTs at the strip with my tuned MKS. I would beat them like a drum through the 1/8 mile and they could never catch up by the end of the quarter. It sounds like I might want to avoid lining up against a 2018 model with my Continental....at least until we tweak my tune a bit more. :)

• Like 1

2018 Build and Price is up.....you have to follow this link, as I couldn't find it on the site without a direct link (unless I'm blind):

http://shop.ford.com/build/mustang/2018/#/select/Config%5B%7CFord%7CMustang%7C2018%7C1%7C1.%7C400A.P8F..N6...CON.67G.LET.MST.44U.~YZKAA.GT.PRE.892.96B.19B.50B.%5D

Looks like a $10,000 bump, at least at the top end.

Edited by rmc523

2018 Build and Price is up.....you have to follow this link, as I couldn't find it on the site without a direct link (unless I'm blind):

http://shop.ford.com/build/mustang/2018/#/select/Config%5B%7CFord%7CMustang%7C2018%7C1%7C1.%7C400A.P8F..N6...CON.67G.LET.MST.44U.~YZKAA.GT.PRE.892.96B.19B.50B.%5D

Where are you getting the $10K bump from? Base prices are only $1K - $2K increase?

Top of the line pricing is pretty steep...a loaded out GT is almost 85-90% of a GT350 cost

It does have more options (the Carbon Fiber interior and Mangaride is nearly $4K together) so that accounts for part of the price increase over the 2017 model

50K for a Mustang (well a well loaded one) is pretty steep IMO. but you can still get an "affordable" one.

Thanks for the direct link to Ford's Build & Price page as I couldn't find it otherwise!

I've attached two PDF's... one for the 2017 Mustang GT Fastback Premium that I'm driving and the 2018 Mustang GT version, with the new options available. My current 2017 GT does not have an extra paint charge (Oxford White) or the Premium Trim w/Color Accent Group.

Is Ford out of their mind with some of these prices or just deciding that they want to compete with Corvette and sell a lot fewer vehicles? The 10-Speed Automatic is now a $1,595 upgrade vs. $1,195 for the 2017's 6-Speed Automatic. The Active Value Performance Exhaust is $895? How much can it really cost Ford to make the exhaust sound louder on demand? $51,465 MSRP for a loaded 2018 Mustang GT Fastback Premium and that doesn't include the Painted Black Roof option or the Recaro seats. Great that Ford has increased the performance spec's further but comparing the Mustang GT's performance to a Porsche isn't going to sell many more Mustang GT's as the usual Mustang GT customer isn't even considering a Porsche!

Maybe Ford's thinking that they can push the Mustang's ATP (Average Transaction Price) that much higher next year. Unfortunately, I think we're instead going to see a lot fewer high end Mustang's sold and the market's going to shift to the lower end, more affordable Mustang models.

Further adventures to follow!

2018 Ford Mustang - Build & Price.pdf

2017 Mustang GT Premium_Demo #7107.pdf