Ford February 2018 Sales

ST already exists as Sport, and Titanium Elite is little more than a Titanium with painted plastic trim.

I guess he's referring to ST and Titanium Elite?

Those are the 2 I'm referring to. The painted trim on the Elite makes it look more elegant than the Nautilus. The ST will have more power and look flashy. Nautilus refresh looks nice, but sitting in the drivers seat, you won't know it changed. With the same power train,seating and cargo arrangements, I believe many will think the Edge is just as good for much less money.

Ford/Lincoln Utility sales are down 9,000 compared to Feb 2017,

the biggest drop occurred with Escape at around 6,000,

This is Ford basically selling the same vehicles with less competitive finance and lower incentives,

there are fewer buyers on the ground but Ford is happier to talk up richer model mix and increased ATPs

Similarly with cars, Focus is down slightly and Fusion is flat,2018 Mustang is more expensive and combined

with low incentives and finance again proving to be a big hurdle.

Ford incentives for Mustang are usually poor especially with leases. Ford does not want to lease Mustangs.

• Like 1

Ford is finally bringing back a stair-step incentive program for dealers. Unfortunately, it's only based on Escape, Edge, Explorer and F-150 sales. EcoSport sales count but don't get any bonus cash with the program. Great to see a new stair-step program but this time it only includes the vehicle models that Ford wants to push. Just another way for Ford to manipulate dealers' inventory, etc. to what Ford wants.

• Like 2

Given the number of recalls maybe they figure it’s cheaper to sell less vehicles at higher ATPs to avoid having to fix them all later.

That's a ridiculous way to operate.

Those are the 2 I'm referring to. The painted trim on the Elite makes it look more elegant than the Nautilus. The ST will have more power and look flashy. Nautilus refresh looks nice, but sitting in the drivers seat, you won't know it changed. With the same power train,seating and cargo arrangements, I believe many will think the Edge is just as good for much less money.

Lol to each his own. I disagree completely on the elegant thing. And you won't really know from the driver's seat on the Edge too except for the rotary shifter. Nothing else changed inside.

Ford is finally bringing back a stair-step incentive program for dealers. Unfortunately, it's only based on Escape, Edge, Explorer and F-150 sales. EcoSport sales count but don't get any bonus cash with the program. Great to see a new stair-step program but this time it only includes the vehicle models that Ford wants to push. Just another way for Ford to manipulate dealers' inventory, etc. to what Ford wants.

That's good to hear. What took them so long? That's pretty disappointing it's only on those models, though.

At least they're stair stepping popular models that basically sell themselves but then again,

the big question will be how much the bonuses are and how many sales you need to achieve them.

Just took delivery on 1/31/2018 of a 18` Ford EcoSport in "S" Trim. Total with destination 21K MSRP. Got a $500 Automatic Cash Rebate plus used an extra $750 Private Cash Incentive which expired on 1/31/18 for a total of $1250 off X-Plan Price. Most Dealerships here in SE FL are heavy on Inventory of EcoSport in "S" Trim. Despite Ford`s prediction of most sales being in SE Trim with SES coming in second, Titanium third and Base S Trim last, the "Value" is in the S Trim if you can live without the Pushbutton Ignition an Power Moonroof. This is a small compact CUV that is a 20K Vehicle, end of story. doubt there will be many takers in the 24K to 28K price range.

• Like 1

Given the number of recalls maybe they figure it’s cheaper to sell less vehicles at higher ATPs to avoid having to fix them all later.

Instead of trying to prevent the problems in the first place?

It's also "Ford truck month" $10,500 off. That should help with profits...not. Maybe they can give a new cubicle and filing cabinet with each new truck.

Instead of trying to prevent the problems in the first place?

I think he was being sarcastic......

It's also "Ford truck month" $10,500 off. That should help with profits...not. Maybe they can give a new cubicle and filing cabinet with each new truck.

that's not a national deal, I think you'll find it's either a dealer getting rid of some old stock or the last of the '17s....

The only offer close to that I see is $7,800 off 2.7 EB XLT with sports,chrome or Lux packages

Edited by jpd80

Of the 110K F150s at dealers, only about 2,700 are 2017s.

Of the 123K Silverado 1500s at dealers, about 23,700 are 2017s.

Of the 44K Sierra 1500s at dealers, about 9,900 are 2017s.

If anyone is having a truck month, it will be GM, they're balls deep in run out trucks..

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Im actually surprised Fords sales have remained relatively steady with what I would consider stale products and moderate incentives. It actually says something about Ford's perceived image and brand loyalty.

Yes sir, I agree. IHS Markit awarded Ford the award for "Overall Loyalty to Make" again for 2017 model year. Ford has won this award every model year since 2010. Ford also won "Overall Loyalty to Manufacturer" from 2010 to 2014. General Motors became #1 in "Overall Loyalty to Manufacturer" in 2015 and has held that title since. https://cdn.ihs.com/www/pdf/AUT-Loyalty-Awards-Brochure.pdf

And you won't really know from the driver's seat on the Edge too except for the rotary shifter. Nothing else changed inside.

That's my whole point, so some won't want to pay $10K more for the MKX/Nautilus.Back in 2007, I wanted an Edge, but they didn't have cooled seats then, so I bought an MKX. Today, both offer pretty much the same features and for a customer looking at the MKX Select or lower may find the Premium Edge models nice enough. This would especially hold true if interest rates climb as some are predicting.

That's my whole point, so some won't want to pay $10K more for the MKX/Nautilus.Back in 2007, I wanted an Edge, but they didn't have cooled seats then, so I bought an MKX. Today, both offer pretty much the same features and for a customer looking at the MKX Select or lower may find the Premium Edge models nice enough. This would especially hold true if interest rates climb as some are predicting.

They don’t offer the same features. That was true in 2007 not today.

What's different enough to convince a customer to choose the Nautilus?

Its not even worth explaining if you have to ask that question.

Why buy an XT5 when you can have an Equinox? Or an RDX when you can have a CR-V, or an NX when you can get the Rav-4 etc etc etc.

Edited by rmc523

XT5 and Equinox are on different platforms.

XT5 is related to GMC Arcadia, Chevrolet Traverse and Buick Enclave...(E2xx replaces Theta Premium)

while Equinox is related to Buick Envision and GMC Terain ( D2xx replaces Delta II and Theta)

we're getting off track with the point that rmc523 was trying to convey,

Lincoln Select Vs similar priced Ford Titanium variant don't have the same equipment/ features

you don't get all that much on an entry level Lincoln yet, people still buy the Lincoln version.

Lincoln's premium pricing is exactly why we see 15,000 Edge sales and only 2,000 MKX sales.

Edited by jpd80

XT5 is related to GMC Arcadia, Chevrolet Traverse and Buick Enclave...(E2xx replaces Theta Premium)

while Equinox is related to Buick Envision and GMC Terain ( D2xx replaces Delta II and Theta)

I know that, which is why I pointed out they are different platforms.

Never heard of the Arcadia though ;)

E2 also replaces Lambda.

Edited by sullynd

we're getting off track with the point that rmc523 was trying to convey,

Lincoln Select Vs similar priced Ford Titanium variant don't have the same equipment.

You dont buy a Cadillac (for the most part), Acura, or Lexus at a Chevy, Honda, or Toyota dealer.

• Like 1