'19 Transit Connect Gets 2 New Engines

Love this little van, its one unit that hasnt gone overboard on frivilous un-necessary options...about the only real room for improvement is the folding rear seats in the wagons...which brings to mind German cupholders if you get my drift....the diesel will be fabulous in this iteration.

Love this little van, its one unit that hasnt gone overboard on frivilous un-necessary options...about the only real room for improvement is the folding rear seats in the wagons...which brings to mind German cupholders if you get my drift....the diesel will be fabulous in this iteration.

I remember trying those seats at an auto show and what a mess they are to fold haha.

Pictor...yes, wagons do relatively well, although the semantics of a 6 month wait from order dont help in the slightest....

Its crazy the lead time, coworker has had one on order for almost 7 months, now hes just going to get a 19. Will be a year from when he first planned on getting it. I dont understand the delay with the wagons.

What do you think about the new focus of the 19 wagon on baby boomers?

• Like 1

The 2.0 DI might get a new lease of life now that it is mated to the 8-speed auto,

could we also see this as a base engine in the 2019 Focus?

TC really needs to be built at KCAP with full sized Transit like they did in Turkey.

That's the only way I see them getting decent ETA supply times to dealerships

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

If only they would add AWD. This would be the perfect work vehicle if you could actually drive through a mild snow storm without traction issues.

​With the euro Active kit and AWD I could see it being a huge hit with the PacNW, Denver, Vermont and Hipster crowd as well.

jason...its a joke, Ecosport is the same ( India ) and dare I say it, the focus will have the same issues coming from China..............

​Sorry I shouldn't have used Focus in my question wasn't clear what I was asking. The lead times on these foreign built vehicles are crazy, it seems to take the Japanese/Korean/Germans 2-3 months to get product here and it takes Ford 4-6 months.

​I was trying to ask if you thought it was a good idea that marketing for the Transit Connect Wagon will be aimed at baby boomers.

As you read the article, Transit Connect actually gets three engine options....the 2.5L NA four banger and 6 speed auto is a "fleet only" option...

I wonder why that powertrain is "Fleet only" ?

Also curious to know if that will uses a Ford 8Rxx transmission or will they buy it from someone likely in EU.

Also curious to know if that will uses a Ford 8Rxx transmission or will they buy it from someone likely in EU.

Transit Connect would use an 8Fxx, not an 8Rxx...

Edited by SoonerLS
  • Like 1

One of the articles mentioned that the 2.5L is only available with the CNG/propane prep package.