Lincoln Aviator 2019 revealed

The Mercedes is more fluid with their screen even if not completely integrated in the dash. This looks like they simply plopped it up with no fore-thought. The "horizontal" theme is not ideal for the vents, people in the front are vertical, the dash just looks half baked. Form should not take priority over function.

I think the interiors of the Mercedes, like the new CLS, are one of the ugliest ones available on the market

well, styling is subjective, I think we all know Lexus and Acura have the most "controversial" frontal grilles. Audi hasn't offended anyone, and many like Volvo's simplicity. But lets face it, just like dating someone..."The face" will dictate if you want to even engage, when you open the door and look at the interior then you have to make sure you have an interior they will fall in love with. And yes you want to take it to bed and try it out, so if it handles well, and fit alot of people, then it'll sell....

• Like 2

From the looks of this, Explorer will remain at the top of the class as well. I am very curious to see what front end/grill design the Explorer wil use. (current, edge, expedition, or something new).

Remain at the top! Now that is funny.

Does anyone know when the MKC with the new front and Nautilus will be available for purchase? August? October

Whatever it is it wont be soon enough.

My only issue is this is 18 months out from seeing noticeable inventory at the dealer.

They nailed it but just wish it was sooner.

What mystery 2nd vehicle?

Coming back from show now, will post some pics later. The two new utilities before 2020 are this and I believe the MKC replacement, with additional 4 after 2020...but they didnt say utilities so theres some hope some will be actual cars!

I think spudz64 is saying the 2nd vehicle is the MKC replacement as I thought might be the case.

The Lincoln Motor lineup should be like this:

Crossovers/SUVs

Baby MKC (B)

MKC ©

Nautilus ©

Aviator (CD6)

Navigator (T3)

Sedans

MKZ (CD6)

Continental (CD6)

Actually I would also throw one more vehicle out there since I strongly believe the market is ready for it, if done well.....a high end pick up truck.

I had a MK-T or whatever it was called and Im not talking about that.

Maybe Im crazy and confident they dont have the balls to do this but I honestly feel there is a market for $75k plus truck based off the F150 of course.

Actually I would also throw one more vehicle out there since I strongly believe the market is ready for it, if done well.....a high end pick up truck.

I had a MK-T or whatever it was called and Im not talking about that.

Maybe Im crazy and confident they dont have the balls to do this but I honestly feel there is a market for $75k plus truck based off the F150 of course.

Ummm......they already have it - it’s called a Platinum F150.

• Like 1

Still don't think it would sell well in the US, the luxury truck has issues on a construction sites/ business owners. If the owner shows up in a Platinum or Limited F-150 he's still in the same truck as his worker or will get some kind jokes from his employees about driving a Ford when they have a GM/RAM/Toyota. If he shows up in a Lincoln he's way better than them and that friendliness goes away. Its the reason why when you look at the household incomes of of Expedition, Yukon and Tahoe they rival those of the Escalade, Navigator and GL's sometimes you can't show up in the Luxury brand. If Ford ever planned on doing a Lincoln Truck, I think it would be Ranger based and only available in China. There has been the ongoing roomer that the folks in Munich have had conversations about working on the next gen Ranger for ROW markets, if Ford worked with that program for a Lincoln it would work for that market.

The only reason to have a Lincoln pickup is if people won’t pay $70K for a Ford pickup, but they already do so it’s a moot point.

The only reason Ford made the Mark LT was to give Lincoln dealers something to sell after they discontinued Continental, Aviator and LS and dealers were left with Town Car and Navigator.

The only reason Ford made the Mark LT was to give Lincoln dealers something to sell after they discontinued Continental, Aviator and LS and dealers were left with Town Car and Navigator.

At the end of the Mark LT (in the US) in 2008 you could get them for 8-10K cheaper than the same 2008 F-150. Economy in the dumps, the great new F-150 out - didn't work out well for the Mark LT.

I do know Lincoln Dealers were always bitter than the Aviator was cancelled, for a lot of them it was their best selling model.

Whatever it is it wont be soon enough.

My only issue is this is 18 months out from seeing noticeable inventory at the dealer.

They nailed it but just wish it was sooner.

I do really wish they'd reduce the reveal-to-production timeline greatly. This having to wait an entire year after it's shown is ridiculous.

• Like 1

At the end of the Mark LT (in the US) in 2008 you could get them for 8-10K cheaper than the same 2008 F-150. Economy in the dumps, the great new F-150 out - didn't work out well for the Mark LT.

I do know Lincoln Dealers were always bitter than the Aviator was cancelled, for a lot of them it was their best selling model.

Are you sure you’re not thinking of Blackwood? They couldn’t give those away. I didn’t remember Mark LT having those kinds of incentives but it’s possible.

Apparently, the MKC with the new face and the Nautilus will take time. It's going to be hard to keep seeing Lincoln sales in red. I hope there are incentives.

I saw something the other day that said Lincoln incentives have stayed flat this year, while the competition's has increased by $700.

• Like 1

So based on what we have heard the past few days, is it relatively safe to assume that the death of the Continental nameplate and other sedans was greatly exaggerated?

Most of what we have been reading about the Continental, MKZ and Fusion has been speculation and hype based on what people think Ford is going to do, or should do.

I don't think things are more clear now than they were before. When Farley originally talked about the 4 new Lincolns after 2020 at the uncovered event, he called them utilities. But during this event he called them "Vehicles". So I still think they are utilities, one of them is likely the Mach 1.

Lincoln is still not interested in confirming new cars are on the way which is still a curious thing if they are actually working on them. But Continental still has time to go before development even begins on a next vehicle, the lifespan here should be at least 6 years.

Edited by Assimilator
  • Like 1