Ford May 2018 Sales - Up 1%

Car sales dropped 11.7% (~6,600) last month with Mustang sales improving against the tide,

Ford's trucks continue to offset those losses resulting in Ford's overall sales remain almost flat.

F Series' near 85K sales shows real strength - I wonder if Ford can keep that going this summer

or will last month's production stoppages will show up as "flat July sales" with delayed customer orders?

Lincoln needs some magic from something other than Navigator. MKC and Nautilus needs to get here stat. I wonder if some of those Navigator sales are coming from folks who may have bought a Conti? Buy a loaded Conti or get a very well equipped Select Navigator. Not much price difference there.

My Mom has a Caddi SRX she will be replacing within the year. She historically has had Cadillacs, and the XT5 will be on her list. Historically I wouldnt have suggested the MKX but I have been around the a few of them more recently and Ive come to realize they are quite nice, and have some very good lines. I really like the new front on the 2019 and it is a nice evolution of the model. I will be encouraging her to take a look at it.

On a side note, the Caddi CUE system in her car is a horrible system and not user friendly at all.

Other than a few bright spots, even Fords crossovers aren't doing that well, and it's been that way for awhile...so if sedans aren't selling well, according to Ford, and it's obvious crossovers are losing sales YTD, then the F-series is the bright spot carrying the day ?

Other than a few bright spots, even Fords crossovers aren't doing that well, and it's been that way for awhile...so if sedans aren't selling well, according to Ford, and it's obvious crossovers are losing sales YTD, then the F-series is the bright spot carrying the day ?

transit: +12.4%

F-Series: +11.3%

Mustang: +10.7%

Are three

Escape, Edge and Explorer are done, hanging by a thread until new versions arrive

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be prudent of Ford to offer some competitive lease rates on the Continental and the MKZ to get people in a Lincoln? The lease could carry those people for the next couple years so they could be put into the next gen SUVs. Almost like a loss leader, if they arent making any money on cars.

• Like 1

Car sales dropped 11.7% (~6,600) last month with Mustang sales improving against the tide,

Ford's trucks continue to offset those losses resulting in Ford's overall sales remain almost flat.

F Series' near 85K sales shows real strength - I wonder if Ford can keep that going this summer

or will last month's production stoppages will show up as "flat July sales" with delayed customer orders?

I wonder if a lot of truck customers rushed to buy in case there was a long dry spell? If that were the case, next month or 2 numbers could be down.

27K for Escape, 19K for Explorer and 12K for Edge. That’s pretty damn good even though they’re down slightly from last year.

Go back a step, we've all been saying that those three are past their use by dates and though they still sell well enough,

there's going to come a time when folks just switch off and stop buying them, are those sales being pushed with incentives?

and while 27,000 sales may sound OK, Equinox was up at 31,048 and RAV4 38,20 are running away...

There's over 80,000 Escapes in inventory so I'd think that Ford is on the move behind the scenes.

A bit of color on sales numbers elsewhere, we're supposed to see these GM numbers...

Mustang......8.739

Camaro........3,697

F Series......84,639

Silverado....52,859

Sierra........16,668

Colorado....13,673

Canyon.......3,279

Edited by jpd80

Toyota Tundra sales went down. Their big pick up failed to "take down Detroit's last bastion" as some know it all predicted.

Yeah, kinda funny how that turned out....i do give the tundra more likes over the datsun titan...still i would never by either

Its time for a replacement. Good thing they arent too far away.

It will be interesting to see what effect the Edge "refresh" has on its sales; IMO the Edge refresh is treading very close to the mid cycle refresh given to the Fusion, i.e. the average consumer won't notice the difference. We all know how well that worked for the Fusion.

It will be interesting to see what effect the Edge "refresh" has on its sales; IMO the Edge refresh is treading very close to the mid cycle refresh given to the Fusion, i.e. the average consumer won't notice the difference. We all know how well that worked for the Fusion.

The problem with the Edge according to what my salesman told me is Ford doesnt offer as competitive leasing or financing on those like they do for Escapes and Explorers. Thats probably the biggest reason why it has just kind of been treading water for a while despite how big of an improvement the current one is over the CD3 Edge.

It might be down from last year but 27K vehicles per month is still pretty damn good. By contrast Camry and Accord both sold around 29K.

(Correction added)

But here's the difference, while both Escape and Fusion are both down, Camry is down and RAV4 is way up.

Camry is pretty flat and so is RAV4, which is why I said escape is hanging by a thread, (still some time)

Yes, there is a move away from mid sized cars but Toyota seems to be managing that much better.

Camry....29,848 versus 31,428 for may 2017

RAV4.....31,007 versus 31,757 for may 2017

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

(Correction added)

But here's the difference, while both Escape and Fusion are both down, Camry is down and RAV4 is way up.

Camry is pretty flat and so is RAV4, which is why I said escape is hanging by a thread, (still some time)

Yes, there is a move away from mid sized cars but Toyota seems to be INCENTIVIZing that much HEAVYer.

Camry....29,848 versus 31,428 for may 2017

RAV4.....31,007 versus 31,757 for may 2017

unverified-by-me/hearsay, correction to correction halo2.gif

• Like 1

The refresh looks completely different than the pre refresh. The Fusion pinched the grille and that was it.