Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

5 hours ago, akirby said:

Of course, names won’t overcome vehicle shortcomings, but if you get the vehicle right and a great marketing plan which includes all of the factory accessories that will be available it’s a home run.

Absolutely, I'm agreeing with you. A few posts above mine, someone ordered a Bronco even though

they "don't get" the trim name, that's what I was referring to.

23 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Yep.  The only reason why I will order the “Outer Banks” trim is because it includes the options I want.  It could be called XLT or Lariat for all I care.  It’s a Bronco, and that makes it special, not the so called “hyped” trim names.  

Perhaps the point of the trim names is to keep things identifiable and unique to the Bronco, and separate from the F Series. They want the Bronco, and similarly the Mustang, to be sub-brands.  

• Like 1

I know I've posted this elsewhere - and quite possibly earlier in this thread - but it bears repeating. 

The idea to curate themed packages instead of conventional trim levels was mainly inspired by the reception of Lincoln's Black Label schemes. 

Basically, the concept is to curate thematic collections of style and amenities to create the "base" of one's personal Bronco build. The tiering of Base Package - Mid Package - High Package - Lux Package was envisioned as the "ladder" portion of the trim designations ( XL -> XLT -> Lariat, etc = Base -> Mid -> High -> Lux). 

The entire plan was simplified more than envisioned to "ladder" the trim packages themselves, although you still see much overlap between the packages. 

It's easiest to think about it as Theme (Big Bend, Badlands, etc) + Trim (Mid, High, Lux). 

Edited by PREMiERdrum
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I know I've posted this elsewhere - and quite possibly earlier in this thread - but it bears repeating. 

The idea to curate themed packages instead of conventional trim levels was mainly inspired by the reception of Lincoln's Black Label schemes. 

Basically, the concept is to curate thematic collections of style and amenities to create the "base" of one's personal Bronco build. The tiering of Base Package - Mid Package - High Package - Lux Package was envision as the "ladder" portion of the trim designations ( XL -> XLT -> Lariat, etc = Base -> Mid -> High -> Lux). 

The entire plan was simplified more than envisioned to "ladder" the trim packages themselves, although you still see much overlap between the packages. 

It's easiest to think about it as Theme (Big Bend, Badlands, etc) + Trim (Mid, High, Lux). 

That is to date the best explanation I've seen of it. 

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Basically, the concept is to curate thematic collections of style and amenities to create the "base" of one's personal Bronco build. The tiering of Base Package - Mid Package - High Package - Lux Package was envision as the "ladder" portion of the trim designations ( XL -> XLT -> Lariat, etc = Base -> Mid -> High -> Lux). 

That makes sense even if it's "backward" from the Lincoln model.  Never thought of it that way.

56 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

It’s just a different way of doing things. It’s either 3 trims and 5 packages, or 5 trims and 3 packages. Either way achieves the same thing.

The only problem with the trim (theme) names is they should all be special in their own way.

black diamond - all the off-road accessories and water proof interior

outer banks - the more luxurious one

wildtrak - high speed off roader

badlands - rock crawler

then you have the big bend. There’s nothing really special about it. It’s just a regular bronco. I guess you could say the big bend is the mall crawler but then it should have come standard with the auto.

It's amazing some people want to complain about everything. I don't like the names....it needs a V8 or it sucks. I don't know what it says about our society when if one thing isn't what they want just complain incessantly or every post has to be of a negative tone. Life isn't Burger King, and you can't have everything your way. This goes for the  "I need a Focus for 15k with 3k of rebates on the hood or I am going to bitch that Ford doesn't make it" folks too.

If you don't like the Bronco names, don't buy it. If you want a V8, buy an 80k V8 Wrangler (if they make it).  If Ford doesn't make a small car for super cheap, buy a Versa and see how that goes. 

BTW, MotorTrend drove the 392 Wrangler prototype and weren't that impressed other than sound and initial acceleration. If you want a V8 that is constantly being neutered by it's stability/traction control because it's too much power for 90% of situations than have it. It really just seems to me that Jeep  put that out there to steal some thunder. I don't doubt that there is a high possibility that they make it, but other than optimal  traction straight line sprints it just seems like overkill to say they have a V8. And for the only a V8 crowd because V8 sound.  And really, I am being totally serious about this, who drives faster than 70-75 in a Wrangler? That seems like a dangerous proposition.

Edited by jcartwright99
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Basically, the concept is to curate thematic collections of style and amenities to create the "base" of one's personal Bronco build. The tiering of Base Package - Mid Package - High Package - Lux Package was envisioned as the "ladder" portion of the trim designations ( XL -> XLT -> Lariat, etc = Base -> Mid -> High -> Lux). 

Yes, this was the idea and it's how most luxury cars are sold. There is a reason for this... it juices up the transaction price.

Mercedes has been doing the theme+trim thing for 30 years now. Most Mercedes comes in three different themes: Elegance, Avantgarde, AMG Sport. And you can add equipment packages to each theme: premium 1, premium 2, sport etc.

(Elegance is call "luxury" and Avantgarde is called "sport" in the US market)

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 02MustangGT said:

Nah, just go create a poll or 3 and get feedback from some Facebook groups.  No need to have a discussion because we all know Facebook will be hyped at the potential of a warthog sticker.  

That Facebook group has 30k members and a large percentage of them have actually ordered or plan to buy a Bronco.  Their opinions are just as valid as yours.