Jump to content





silvrsvt

Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

Recommended Posts

Most recent email I received said the Bronco Big Bend I reserved in the first hours the window opened has finally been built & has shipped. Delivery window to dealer is 11/8 -11/14.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just an FYI for all those anxious to get their Broncos....theres a current recall ...I believe for Airbags 21c23 is the code....and theres NOT a current fix apparently...the Bronco Sport also has one, which dates from Aug 10 21S38...for a Fuel Delivery Module line leak...was just informed they dont have the fix for that in stock yet...WOOOHOOO...which raises the question...WHY are units with open recalls being shipped?....that has to do absolute wonders for Customer satisfaction...ahem...Hopefully no one here is affected..the air from my balloon was lost a while ago, nothing will surprise me at this stage, or for that matter upset me too much...

Edited by Deanh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was lucky enough to avoid the airbag recall window. However, I still am still waiting on my rig to ship. It was officially build on 9/27 and is to head via convoy to West Virginia. Non of the tracking systems have updated in the past 2 weeks. I wouldn't think much of this but other people with later build dates are having theirs show up at the same dealership. Not sure what the hold up is with mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Deanh said:

just an FYI for all those anxious to get their Broncos....theres a current recall ...I believe for Airbags 21c23 is the code....and theres NOT a current fix apparently...the Bronco Sport also has one, which dates from Aug 10 21S38...for a Fuel Delivery Module line leak...was just informed they dont have the fix for that in stock yet...WOOOHOOO...which raises the question...WHY are units with open recalls being shipped?....that has to do absolute wonders for Customer satisfaction...ahem...Hopefully no one here is affected..the air from my balloon was lost a while ago, nothing will surprise meat this stage, or for that matter upset me too much...

IIRC, it “only” affected 540 or so units. I know my Bronco missed it and it looks like I might get it before Sunday-my sales guy is checking tomorrow when he gets into work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dirty Bronco said:

I was lucky enough to avoid the airbag recall window. However, I still am still waiting on my rig to ship. It was officially build on 9/27 and is to head via convoy to West Virginia. Non of the tracking systems have updated in the past 2 weeks. I wouldn't think much of this but other people with later build dates are having theirs show up at the same dealership. Not sure what the hold up is with mine.


Probably waiting on a train heading that direction if I had to guess 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:


Probably waiting on a train heading that direction if I had to guess 


My window sticker shows convoy in lieu of rail so I believe it’s truck. I also follow my dealer on 6G and Instagram and they’ve confirmed they are truck deliveries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure anyone posted this

 

MY 2024 the Bronco will get a refresh. My guess it will get some new updates that the NG Ranger gets (Powerboost hybrid???). 

Autoblog

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was checking the Pizza tracker yesterday and noticed that it was delivered to DCH Ford of Eatontown.

 

I've been reaching out to my sales guy (who I'm friends with) the past few weeks and he's been acting slightly different.

 

I give him at call at 11 today (have off this week), so he proceeds to tell me that they are marking them up 10K now. I drive up to the dealership after the call talk to my sales guy and then I talk to the manager and he trying bullshitting with this "value" talk and I basically cut through the BS and straight up ask them if they are going to take it off....which I proceed out the door and tell them to shove the Bronco where the sun doesn't shine and a bunch of other four letter words.

 

Needless to say I'm furious at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Was checking the Pizza tracker yesterday and noticed that it was delivered to DCH Ford of Eatontown.

 

I've been reaching out to my sales guy (who I'm friends with) the past few weeks and he's been acting slightly different.

 

I give him at call at 11 today (have off this week), so he proceeds to tell me that they are marking them up 10K now. I drive up to the dealership after the call talk to my sales guy and then I talk to the manager and he trying bullshitting with this "value" talk and I basically cut through the BS and straight up ask them if they are going to take it off....which I proceed out the door and tell them to shove the Bronco where the sun doesn't shine and a bunch of other four letter words.

 

Needless to say I'm furious at this point.

 

Sorry to hear that and I would no doubt be ticked to the point of making a scene. Dealers going to dealer things though right now. To say dealers are absolutely taking advantage of this situation now to the extreme would be a massive understatement. As long as people keep paying 5k over sticker on most cars right now, they will keep doing it. The only thing you can do is never step foot in that dealership again, and tell your story folks looking to buy a Ford there. 

 

Hindsight is 20/20 but situations like yours and others like this have made me want everything in writing before I put an order in for any vehicle. Too many dealers are going back on their word right now, especially on the Bronco. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by jcartwright99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Was checking the Pizza tracker yesterday and noticed that it was delivered to DCH Ford of Eatontown.

 

I've been reaching out to my sales guy (who I'm friends with) the past few weeks and he's been acting slightly different.

 

I give him at call at 11 today (have off this week), so he proceeds to tell me that they are marking them up 10K now. I drive up to the dealership after the call talk to my sales guy and then I talk to the manager and he trying bullshitting with this "value" talk and I basically cut through the BS and straight up ask them if they are going to take it off....which I proceed out the door and tell them to shove the Bronco where the sun doesn't shine and a bunch of other four letter words.

 

Needless to say I'm furious at this point.

 

I know who would lose my business forever!  That's just BS!

 

Sorry man, I know you've been waiting on this thing a looooong time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Was checking the Pizza tracker yesterday and noticed that it was delivered to DCH Ford of Eatontown.

 

I've been reaching out to my sales guy (who I'm friends with) the past few weeks and he's been acting slightly different.

 

I give him at call at 11 today (have off this week), so he proceeds to tell me that they are marking them up 10K now. I drive up to the dealership after the call talk to my sales guy and then I talk to the manager and he trying bullshitting with this "value" talk and I basically cut through the BS and straight up ask them if they are going to take it off....which I proceed out the door and tell them to shove the Bronco where the sun doesn't shine and a bunch of other four letter words.

 

Needless to say I'm furious at this point.

It’s a shame that some dealers decide to take advantage of the market.  These stories are all too common when it comes to Bronco deliveries.  Not that it would matter, but did you have any sort of documented purchase/pricing agreement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Was checking the Pizza tracker yesterday and noticed that it was delivered to DCH Ford of Eatontown.

 

I've been reaching out to my sales guy (who I'm friends with) the past few weeks and he's been acting slightly different.

 

I give him at call at 11 today (have off this week), so he proceeds to tell me that they are marking them up 10K now. I drive up to the dealership after the call talk to my sales guy and then I talk to the manager and he trying bullshitting with this "value" talk and I basically cut through the BS and straight up ask them if they are going to take it off....which I proceed out the door and tell them to shove the Bronco where the sun doesn't shine and a bunch of other four letter words.

 

Needless to say I'm furious at this point.

Did you have an agreed price before you ordered?  If so, tweet Mark Levine or tell the dealer you will see them in court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 02MustangGT said:

It’s a shame that some dealers decide to take advantage of the market.  These stories are all too common when it comes to Bronco deliveries.  Not that it would matter, but did you have any sort of documented purchase/pricing agreement?

Completely agree...however, when I see used Broncos being flipped by owners for upwards on 100k on e-bay, Im not so sure the greed is merely at the Dealer level.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Was checking the Pizza tracker yesterday and noticed that it was delivered to DCH Ford of Eatontown.

 

I've been reaching out to my sales guy (who I'm friends with) the past few weeks and he's been acting slightly different.

 

I give him at call at 11 today (have off this week), so he proceeds to tell me that they are marking them up 10K now. I drive up to the dealership after the call talk to my sales guy and then I talk to the manager and he trying bullshitting with this "value" talk and I basically cut through the BS and straight up ask them if they are going to take it off....which I proceed out the door and tell them to shove the Bronco where the sun doesn't shine and a bunch of other four letter words.

 

Needless to say I'm furious at this point.

well that sucks sizably...what a crock...our dealer has commited to sell at MSRP with no adds for reservationists...but if an order falls through Id have to believe there will be an addendum...10k is a little steep though, I would say 5...but I don't make those decisions.

Edited by Deanh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Completely agree...however, when I see used Broncos being flipped by owners for upwards on 100k on e-bay, Im not so sure the greed is merely at the Dealer level.......


On a stock vehicle it’s at least understandable.  But to do it on a reservation without disclosing it to the buyer at order time is downright dishonest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, akirby said:


On a stock vehicle it’s at least understandable.  But to do it on a reservation without disclosing it to the buyer at order time is downright dishonest.

yep...shitty....happening around us as well...at least our customers are happy...YELP must be going crazy about some dealers....

 

Edited by Deanh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Was checking the Pizza tracker yesterday and noticed that it was delivered to DCH Ford of Eatontown.

 

I've been reaching out to my sales guy (who I'm friends with) the past few weeks and he's been acting slightly different.

 

I give him at call at 11 today (have off this week), so he proceeds to tell me that they are marking them up 10K now. I drive up to the dealership after the call talk to my sales guy and then I talk to the manager and he trying bullshitting with this "value" talk and I basically cut through the BS and straight up ask them if they are going to take it off....which I proceed out the door and tell them to shove the Bronco where the sun doesn't shine and a bunch of other four letter words.

 

Needless to say I'm furious at this point.


man that absolutely sucks. I’m really sorry to hear that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Ford ditches the insane "reservation" system.   It has accomplished nothing but create negative feelings towards Ford Motor Company and the dealer body.   It did not guarantee product or pricing.   I realize Ford is using it to show analysts the potential future sales and how popular its products are but they have shown with the 2022 MY Bronco allocation that reservation timestamps mean nothing.   Finally, as @silvrsvt has again pointed out, we dealers are our own worst enemy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WillSD said:

I hope Ford ditches the insane "reservation" system.   It has accomplished nothing but create negative feelings towards Ford Motor Company and the dealer body.   It did not guarantee product or pricing.   I realize Ford is using it to show analysts the potential future sales and how popular its products are but they have shown with the 2022 MY Bronco allocation that reservation timestamps mean nothing.   Finally, as @silvrsvt has again pointed out, we dealers are our own worst enemy.

its become a bloody nightmare....one Bronco e-mail and our phones go off the hook...its become way more time consuming than it ever should have been, and one cock up after another...and when we get a deluge of calls  we cant get anything else done....ridiculous. NOW they are sending emails to thousands of Bronco reservists telling them to re-order their units ...and mentioning special Editions like the Everglade ( of which theres zero info ) and Raptor ( of which theres very little info ) ....MORONIC. Its like starting to build a new house and selling the one youd just "completed" without any electrical or plumbing!...FINISH THE FIRST JOB FIRST.....but don't worry, just plonk it in the Dealers lap to deal with. THIS is why the Dealer model will never go away....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WillSD said:

I hope Ford ditches the insane "reservation" system.   It has accomplished nothing but create negative feelings towards Ford Motor Company and the dealer body. 


How would that be better? It wouldn’t stop dealer markups or fix supply chain issues.  The system worked fine for Mach-E and Maverick.

 

Given the popularity and limited supply these issues were inevitable because Ford can’t control dealer pricing.  Mandating no ADMs like other industries would fix that part of the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, akirby said:


How would that be better? It wouldn’t stop dealer markups or fix supply chain issues.  The system worked fine for Mach-E and Maverick.

 

Given the popularity and limited supply these issues were inevitable because Ford can’t control dealer pricing.  Mandating no ADMs like other industries would fix that part of the problem.

 

The reservation system for the Bronco was exactly the wrong thing at the worst possible time. Fan flames for years about a new Bronco to garner interest. Start taking reservations when, truck isn't close to being production ready. Boom, here comes Covid and an awful roof supplier. Obviously, Ford couldn't predict the future and have any idea about Covid and all the havoc it would create. However, some of their decision making during this has been questionable to say the least.

 

The demand for the Bronco is absolutely making it 1000 times worse.  The time people have spent waiting just keeps growing and so do the complaints. Demand is making dealers greedy or become susceptible to market forces. Consumers ready and willing to pay 10k plus over sticker. No recourse for when a dealer makes an adjustment to a reservation holder. All of this just makes the Bronco a giant crap sandwich and black eye to Ford in the eyes of a lot of angry consumers. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Ford is attempting to control the dealer games.  Unless I’ve misinterpreted some of the recent posts on B6G, any reservation holder that did not convert to an order in 2021 will receive an email to “order online” via Ford.com.  During that process they will be presented dealer pricing for the build (I assume the dealer is required to interact with this system and provide pricing…msrp or otherwise).  In addition, the customer will be subjected to a $500 deposit to place the order.  Luckily for me, my dealer is honest and reliable, I will take delivery of my Bronco at invoice price (and no, there will not be any dealer doc fees or surprises upon delivery).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deanh said:

its become a bloody nightmare....one Bronco e-mail and our phones go off the hook...its become way more time consuming than it ever should have been, and one cock up after another...and when we get a deluge of calls  we cant get anything else done....ridiculous. NOW they are sending emails to thousands of Bronco reservists telling them to re-order their units ...and mentioning special Editions like the Everglade ( of which theres zero info ) and Raptor ( of which theres very little info ) ....MORONIC. Its like starting to build a new house and selling the one youd just "completed" without any electrical or plumbing!...FINISH THE FIRST JOB FIRST.....but don't worry, just plonk it in the Dealers lap to deal with. THIS is why the Dealer model will never go away....


Oh then you’re going to love some of the rumors I've been hearing around the plant, assuming any of them come true...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completely agree the timing and delays are horrible but some of that was completely beyond Ford’s control.

 

Its a no win situation.  Had they waited and not done reservations dealers would still be playing games and doing markups and people would still be pissed.

 

Maybe they could have waited until closer to job 1 date to take reservations.  Forcing dealers to sign pricing contracts at order time and holding them to it is a great idea.   The biggest advantage to the reservations is bypassing the normal dealer allocation games and not having to worry about how many orders your dealer has and where you are in their priority list.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×