Jump to content
  • Custom Search


atomcat68

Yahoo article on Fusion Active

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

BORG has 2 (that I know of) well-placed sources. 

 

His info on Ranger is right. 

 

His info on Fusion Active (or "Fusion" as we'll likely know it) is wrong.... unless this decision is less than 48 hours old. 

 

Not surprised about the Ranger.  I gotta believe "business as usual" is a casualty of Covid.  I expect other changes to the product plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:


Rumors were it was supposed to be 2023, but with the forced shutdown it wouldn't shock me if it (along with pretty much EVERYTHING) was pushed back at least 6 months to a year. 

 

Interesting, I thought it'd be closer than that.

 

57 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The thing is that often was regurgitated info

 

Even so, it gave us additional things to talk about.  It's still a fairly active forum, but it's far from how it was years ago (that's not a fault of anyone), so it's always nice to have more contributors (unless you're mlhm or that P71 guy 😛 )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Even so, it gave us additional things to talk about.  It's still a fairly active forum, but it's far from how it was years ago (that's not a fault of anyone), so it's always nice to have more contributors (unless you're mlhm or that P71 guy 😛 )

 

Just wait until the Bronco(s) are finally released.  We'll then spend countless hours complaining..........(fill in the blank).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

or that P71 guy

 

Which one?  Matt has had about a dozen different accounts here over the years including EBFlex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mackinaw said:

 

Haven't seen him in awhile, but he's prone to the occasional tantrum and exits this forum when we hurt his feelings.

 

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

 

As mackinaw said, he'll reappear from time to time, and while a lot of his info is good/informative/right, sometimes it's incorrect (nobody can be right 100% of the time) and when that's pointed out, he'll leave for a while and then reappear months later.

 

He's also saying the US won't get the next gen Ranger until 2024?  Which seems rather far off.

 

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

 

I actually do enjoy having him around, as even if the info isn't always correct, it gives us more to discuss.

 

The problem lies with when there's any sort of disagreement or alternate viewpoint with him/the info, it's the end of the world and means he decides to leave.

Yeah I have noticed his tendency to leave when pointed out his mistakes with the inside info but I have also enjoyed reading some of his info. I just happened to noticed he was gone for awhile and wondered about it. My apologies if my asking about him has caused the thread to throw off topic momentarily though. But good to know that according to Premierdrum, that Fusion Active is still planned for US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

BORG has 2 (that I know of) well-placed sources. 

 

His info on Ranger is right. 

 

His info on Fusion Active (or "Fusion" as we'll likely know it) is wrong.... unless this decision is less than 48 hours old. 

So NG Ranger is now MY 2024?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, akirby said:


He never said anything this last time, just disappeared.  He’ll be back when he thinks he has some juicy inside info to impress us with.


I wondered if when he left as BORG he didn’t reset email and password and essentially ban himself, which is why he had to create a new account. 
 

If you want to have fun search for “allot”. It always confounded me that he seemed moderately articulate but couldn’t get a lot or lose right (he’d use loose too). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sullynd said:

If you want to have fun search for “allot”. It always confounded me that he seemed moderately articulate but couldn’t get a lot or lose right (he’d use loose too). 

Yeah well, there are plenty of other members here that use “your”, “you’re”, “there”, “their”, “they’re”, “then”, “than” incorrectly as well.  So basically, who cares.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Yeah well, there are plenty of other members here that use “your”, “you’re”, “there”, “their”, “they’re”, “then”, “than” incorrectly as well.  So basically, who cares.  

 

People who are not idiots?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

 

People who are not idiots?

So you will call out those folks who do not use words in the appropriate context (or misspell)?  Doubtful...


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

So you will call out those folks who do not use words in the appropriate context (or misspell)?  Doubtful...


 


I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, akirby said:


I do.

Waiting...you must not have your grammar police license.  I’ve witnessed countless examples of incorrect grammar and never noticed a correction from you (oh wait, must be your buddies or fellow moderators using incorrect grammar).  Your selective corrections don’t count.  Enjoy your night.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Waiting...you must not have your grammar police license.  I’ve witnessed countless examples of incorrect grammar and never noticed a correction from you (oh wait, must be your buddies or fellow moderators using incorrect grammar).  Your selective corrections don’t count.  Enjoy your night.   


Yes, it’s a huge conspiracy.  We have a secret handshake and everything.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Waiting...you must not have your grammar police license.  I’ve witnessed countless examples of incorrect grammar and never noticed a correction from you (oh wait, must be your buddies or fellow moderators using incorrect grammar).  Your selective corrections don’t count.  Enjoy your night.   

I still struggle with autotext on my iPad changing every other friggin word at random

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

BORG has 2 (that I know of) well-placed sources. 

 

His info on Ranger is right. 

 

His info on Fusion Active (or "Fusion" as we'll likely know it) is wrong.... unless this decision is less than 48 hours old. 

Don't know if I got this wrong but didn't the dealers plead with Ford to keep the Fusion name for a new crossover,

there's a lot of cache built into the Fusion name. they were scared that it was back to square one.

Was wondering if a Fusion crossover with Edge at OAC makes more sense, maybe UNIFOR contract?

 

AFAIK, NG T6 Ranger development work is proceeding in Aus but next vehicle after Bronco is Global Ranger

was timed at ~12 months after Bronco and NA Ranger ~6 months after that making it a MY23.

Coronavirus and subdued market in 2021 may see all new models slide a bit......

Edited by jpd80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Don't know if I got this wrong but didn't the dealers plead with Ford to keep the Fusion name for a new crossover,

there's a lot of cache built into the Fusion name. they were scared that it was back to square one.

 

Ford is horrible at communicating product plans/news with its Dealers who often find out more from the media. Ford kept telling/insisting their Dealers that the Fusion would be in production for at least several more years while the media announced that Ford internally had already planned the Fusion balance out. Then Ford finally revealed the Fusion balance out to Dealers and the end of the Fusion line after Automotive News was already publishing spy photos, etc. of what's being called the future Fusion Active to keep the Fusion name with a new model. 

 

None of this is really new as the Dealers are usually the last one's to know. Years ago we had a customer come into the dealership wanting to order a F-350 DRW 4x4 SuperCab. We told him that Ford did not offer the DRW SuperCab, only the DRW Crew Cab, and he told us about all the media reporting that it was available. Sure enough, several months later Ford revised the order guide and announced the DRW SuperCab availability.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

 

Ford is horrible at communicating product plans/news with its Dealers who often find out more from the media. Ford kept telling/insisting their Dealers that the Fusion would be in production for at least several more years while the media announced that Ford internally had already planned the Fusion balance out. Then Ford finally revealed the Fusion balance out to Dealers and the end of the Fusion line after Automotive News was already publishing spy photos, etc. of what's being called the future Fusion Active to keep the Fusion name with a new model. 

 

None of this is really new as the Dealers are usually the last one's to know. Years ago we had a customer come into the dealership wanting to order a F-350 DRW 4x4 SuperCab. We told him that Ford did not offer the DRW SuperCab, only the DRW Crew Cab, and he told us about all the media reporting that it was available. Sure enough, several months later Ford revised the order guide and announced the DRW SuperCab availability.  

I've noticed that Ford has claimed up a lot more in the past few years, it's not doing them any favours

keeping the lamp under a bushel, you gotta self promote and tell people about coming products

or they'll end up selling like crap when people don't understand what the deal is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Yeah well, there are plenty of other members here that use “your”, “you’re”, “there”, “their”, “they’re”, “then”, “than” incorrectly as well.  So basically, who cares.  

Auto complete causes much of that too.

 

...and you don't know how tempting it was to spell it as "two".

Edited by atomcat68

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

 

Ford is horrible at communicating product plans/news with its Dealers who often find out more from the media. Ford kept telling/insisting their Dealers that the Fusion would be in production for at least several more years while the media announced that Ford internally had already planned the Fusion balance out. Then Ford finally revealed the Fusion balance out to Dealers and the end of the Fusion line after Automotive News was already publishing spy photos, etc. of what's being called the future Fusion Active to keep the Fusion name with a new model. 

 

None of this is really new as the Dealers are usually the last one's to know. Years ago we had a customer come into the dealership wanting to order a F-350 DRW 4x4 SuperCab. We told him that Ford did not offer the DRW SuperCab, only the DRW Crew Cab, and he told us about all the media reporting that it was available. Sure enough, several months later Ford revised the order guide and announced the DRW SuperCab availability.  

I think it is because they are getting a little desperate and are trying to accelerate future plans and dump less profitable products quicker. So I do think they wanted to keep Fusion a few more years, but due to circumstances, had to change plans after announcing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, atomcat68 said:

Auto complete causes much of that too.

 

...and you don't know how tempting it was to spell it as "two".


Typos don’t bother me.  Very easy to do especially on mobile devices.

 

What bugs me is using the wrong word like “breaks” instead of brakes.  Usually multiple times so it wasn’t a typo.  I mean - 5th graders know the difference between those two words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, akirby said:


Typos don’t bother me.  Very easy to do especially on mobile devices.

 

What bugs me is using the wrong word like “breaks” instead of brakes.  Usually multiple times so it wasn’t a typo.  I mean - 5th graders know the difference between those two words.

It is sad that people don't care more about their grammar, and that others don't see a problem with it.  Have a little pride in your communication skills.  Believe me it is not my strong suit either but a little effort goes a long way.  My biggest pet peeve is the use, or misuse of "a" and "an".  It seems today not effort is put in to a lot of different things and no one seems to care about it.  I blame education for some of it and parenting for some but at some point you are responsible for your own actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only loosers correct other peoples spelling and grammer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AGR said:

Only loosers correct other peoples spelling and grammer...

Does that include teachers, parents or I don't know your Boss?  Do people care that little about coming across uneducated that they would rather go on making the same mistakes and people laughing at them without saying anything?  Wouldn't people rather continue to learn and be educated which brings more respect to their opinion?  You can inform people of their mistakes without being an a$$ or trying to humiliate them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tzach said:

Does that include teachers, parents or I don't know your Boss?  Do people care that little about coming across uneducated that they would rather go on making the same mistakes and people laughing at them without saying anything?  Wouldn't people rather continue to learn and be educated which brings more respect to their opinion?  You can inform people of their mistakes without being an a$$ or trying to humiliate them.  


He was being ironic by misspelling losers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, akirby said:


He was being ironic by misspelling losers.

 

Or maybe facetious. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×