None

T-dubz

Maverick Interior Spy Shots

fordmaverick-interior-g02-kgp-jpg.59

maverickgrille-g04-kgp-jpg.98

more can be seen here

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/spied-ford-maverick-interior-first-look.12/

The off-centered screen is interesting. Hopefully that’s an indicator that there will be a larger horizontal screen available.

Edited by T-dubz

27 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

fordmaverick-interior-g02-kgp-jpg.59

maverickgrille-g04-kgp-jpg.98

more can be seen here

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/spied-ford-maverick-interior-first-look.12/

The off-centered screen is interesting. Hopefully that’s an indicator that there will be a larger horizontal screen available.

That new front bumper design is sweet :)

The interior looks like it will be unique and not shared with Escape or Bronco Sport. 

38 minutes ago, bzcat said:

The interior looks like it will be unique and not shared with Escape or Bronco Sport. 

I see elements of both which tells me hard points are shared. 

That's for sure... It's a C2 so all the hard points are fixed. But it will look different enough from the other vehicles. 

I think this interior looks better than the escape or bronco sport.

For us wishful thinkers, the re-circulate button looks to be of a 2-door truck configuration. :)

If this is a C2 platform, can it take the 2.7L V6?  Another wishful thought.

4 minutes ago, T hawker said:

For us wishful thinkers, the re-circulate button looks to be of a 2-door truck configuration. :)

If this is a C2 platform, can it take the 2.7L V6?  Another wishful thought.

There are no C2 vehicles using a V6 yet.  It’s possible it will max out at the 2.3L.

4 minutes ago, akirby said:

There are no C2 vehicles using a V6 yet.  It’s possible it will max out at the 2.3L.

Mom's MKC with the 2.0 has surprising power so the 2.3 should perform very well, especially if tied to AWD.

3 minutes ago, T hawker said:

Mom's MKC with the 2.0 has surprising power so the 2.3 should perform very well, especially if tied to AWD.

I agree.  Not sure they need the 2.7L.  And with Edge and Nautilus seemingly dead men walking the 2.7L might be RWD only going forward.  Only question mark is Fusion.

2.3L powerboost hybrid and/or a tune should be pretty peppy.

Interesting comment at the link:

If you look in this picture, you can see that the tachometer is of a hybrid. That means that this prototype is a hybrid model. 1605655500521.png

I'm not sure to what the poster is referring. Thoughts?

Edited by Harley Lover

1 hour ago, Harley Lover said:

I'm not sure to what the poster is referring. Thoughts?

Look at the gauge on the far left....part of it is green, so I'm assuming that is where the assumption is being made?

IIRC, our colleague Borg mentioned at the other forum something about hybrid options in upper trim levels as standard...

Edited by passis

I think this will hit a sweet spot.  A totally electric version later will be great too.  

I really think HEVs and PHEVs will be key in the transition to electrification over the next 10-15 years.  Makes way more sense than trying to go full BEV only like Caddy just to compete with Tesla.  It didn’t work with BMW sedans either.  And competing with a company who sells their vehicles below cost is never a good idea unless you’re trying to go out of business.

At some point wasn’t there a rumor that the maverick would start around $20k? Even with some options, that would make for a nice daily driver that can handle the occasional trip to Home Depot for some larger items in the bed at a very affordable price.

2 problems with a 20k starting price: Ford will say it can’t make money and it would steal too many higher profit Ranger sales. 

1 hour ago, Trader 10 said:

2 problems with a 20k starting price: Ford will say it can’t make money and it would steal too many higher profit Ranger sales. 

Ranger already starts at $24,410 so it does seem feasible. I’d guess closer to 22k though. For reference the bronco sport starts at 26,660. I’d guess the maverick will be standard 2WD and your not paying for the bronco name so it should be cheaper than that too.

It's one thing to compare MSRP's but if a customer is shopping primarily by price, they're also looking at the net selling price after applicable rebates and incentives. In that regard, you can be sure that Ford will consider the incentives as part of the equation. 

3 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

It's one thing to compare MSRP's but if a customer is shopping primarily by price, they're also looking at the net selling price after applicable rebates and incentives. In that regard, you can be sure that Ford will consider the incentives as part of the equation. 

F150 XLTs have had $4K - $6K incentives (in addition to other discounts) for as long as I can remember.  I guarantee you those are built into the MSRP.

19 minutes ago, akirby said:

F150 XLTs have had $4K - $6K incentives (in addition to other discounts) for as long as I can remember.  I guarantee you those are built into the MSRP.

Absolutely! That's the point I was trying to make... that Ford's pricing strategy includes rebates and incentives. 

I think it looks good inside!  I think they'll have a hit on their hands.

It also helps that it shares quite a bit with the escape and sport. That should help keep costs down too. Is maverick scheduled to be a 2022 MY vehicle?

I like what I see so far. Interested to see the full package and options - especially if there will be hybrid options.