Jump to content

The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

ice-capades

Next-Gen Ford Mondeo, Fusion Crossover Leaked Online

Recommended Posts

Thanks for posting ice-capades, Fusion crossover is certainly taking on more of the Edge's overall shape.

 

This is clever,

A crossover that potentially covers most  Fusion and Edge buyers, no weight penalty thanks to C2 and made in Mexico.

The other side of this, will there be a C2 Lincoln Nautilus based on the above?

 

Maybe get the rest of those photos before Ford gets them taken down

 

Edited by jpd80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Thanks for posting ice-capades, Fusion crossover is certainly taking on more of the Edge's overall shape.

 

This is clever,

A crossover that potentially covers most  Fusion and Edge buyers, no weight penalty thanks to C2 and made in Mexico.

The other side of this, will there be a C2 Lincoln Nautilus based on the above?

 

Maybe get the rest of those photos before Ford gets them taken down

 

 

I think the Nautilus just continues with the Edge electric.

 

I would actually want Lincoln to take the smaller BS C2 platform for a sub-Corsair crossover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

 

I think the Nautilus just continues with the Edge electric.

 

I would actually want Lincoln to take the smaller BS C2 platform for a sub-Corsair crossover.

Nothing out of Oakville after Mid 2023 until the electrics in 2025, that's about two years in Ford speak

So would Ford consider importing Nautilus from Chyna or have another local offering ready to go?

Edited by jpd80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Nothing out of Oakville after Mid 2023 until the electrics in 2025, that's about two years in Ford speak

So would Ford consider importing Nautilus from Chyna or have another local offering ready to go?


AWD nautilus continues into 2024.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In any event, it'll be interesting to see what Ford reveals regarding actual plans for the Edge/Nautilus and the Mondeo/Fusion and how those vehicles are positioned in the North America, European and Chinese markets. And as those plans are announced we'll really see what the transition to BEV vehicles is going to look like. The market reaction to the Mustang Mach-E will be the first step until we know more about Ford's plans for BEV development, new models and progress at Lincoln.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst we obviously can't see the details with this camo.................one thing I will say, the Mondeo/Fusion (we also got the Mondeo estate) was a superb looking car, relatively low and sleek in a world where every other car is a bland, high-waisted SUV. This looks to be just another blob which. Its getting to the point that without seeing the name badge, its difficult to tell these things apart :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I just don't see where an overgrown Fusion fits in a world that already has the ecosport, the escape, the explorer, but specifically the edge.

Edited by probowler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, probowler said:

I guess I just don't see where an overgrown Fusion fits in a world that already has the ecosport, the escape, the explorer, but specifically the edge.

 

Because the next generation Edge will EV-only, this will be ICE powered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Thanks for posting ice-capades, Fusion crossover is certainly taking on more of the Edge's overall shape.

 

This is clever,

A crossover that potentially covers most  Fusion and Edge buyers, no weight penalty thanks to C2 and made in Mexico.

The other side of this, will there be a C2 Lincoln Nautilus based on the above?

 

Maybe get the rest of those photos before Ford gets them taken down

 

According to the Ford Authority article, this crossover will be built in the United States.  Flat Rock perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Footballfan said:

According to the Ford Authority article, this crossover will be built in the United States.  Flat Rock perhaps?


That's the only plant available really. Maybe this is that electric thing promise to Ohio. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this would look better if we got a sense of its overall length. The Outback is attractive because it's visually longer (because of its lower roof height) than most mid-size crossovers. The angle of these photos kind of obscures its length. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2020 at 12:14 AM, akirby said:


AWD nautilus continues into 2024.

AWD Edge til 2024. We heard nothing about nautilus beyond 2023

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm certain there will be a Lincoln version of Mondeo but probably only in China.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×