Jump to content
Blue Oval Forums





Lavien

Maverick pickup nearly all revealed in new spy pics

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The Maverick looks good without the camo. I'm not interested in driving a large pickup, but something like this - with four doors, able to carry light loads, but not too big or high off the ground - has piqued my interest. 

Edited by grbeck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've dragged my hitch, in my full size Bronco... it happens. Hitch should probably be removed when not towing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Car & Driver article on the new Santa Cruz,,,

 

HRG

i-wj38ghf-x4-copy-1592420277 (2).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

From the Car & Driver article on the new Santa Cruz,,,

 

Could it drag on a really steep driveway?   Sure.   Is it a big deal?  No.   Please move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found that my small utility trailer jack will lower enough that the coupler will sit on the ball but my much larger car trailer will not. Requiring me to use a floor jack to lift the coupler then swinging the jack horizontally (yes it's one of those) then i can lower the floor jack resulting in the coupler sitting on the ball.  So with the receiver in the bumper vs under it may alleviate my issue.  I'm driving a Nautilus, I'm only moving the car trailer from the street to the back yard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, I started thinking in the Santa Cruz thread....

 

I wonder if an Avalanche-style folding bulkhead would have been more successful in this size vehicle than it was on Avalanche, where it was essentially just competing with the full size trucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, akirby said:

 

Could it drag on a really steep driveway?   Sure.   Is it a big deal?  No.   Please move on.

It’s a big deal to those with a steep driveway.  Everyone else not so much.  The off center license plate doesn’t bother me.  To others it is an issue.

 

That hitch on the Hyundai looks tacked on.  Hopefully the finished product is better integrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

You know, I started thinking in the Santa Cruz thread....

 

I wonder if an Avalanche-style folding bulkhead would have been more successful in this size vehicle than it was on Avalanche, where it was essentially just competing with the full size trucks.

Maybe...that Avalanche bulkhead did allow for 4x8 sheets of material to be fully covered.  My dad used to get Sheetrock in a ‘77 Ltd wagon so that it would be fully covered if it rained...and he didn’t have to clean out the bed of his truck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, slemke said:

It’s a big deal to those with a steep driveway.  


And those people need to buy a Ranger not a Maverick.

Edited by akirby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, akirby said:


And those people need to buy a Ranger not a Maverick.

That’s the thing, though, why should they have to buy a larger, higher riding vehicle if there is a simple fix?  Those that don’t like the off centered license plate are free to buy a truck with a centered license plate.  Either way, I don’t see it being a deal breaker for most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, slemke said:

Maybe...that Avalanche bulkhead did allow for 4x8 sheets of material to be fully covered.  My dad used to get Sheetrock in a ‘77 Ltd wagon so that it would be fully covered if it rained...and he didn’t have to clean out the bed of his truck.

 

I guess it's far easier and cheaper to just do the flip out bed extender, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, slemke said:

That’s the thing, though, why should they have to buy a larger, higher riding vehicle if there is a simple fix?  Those that don’t like the off centered license plate are free to buy a truck with a centered license plate.  Either way, I don’t see it being a deal breaker for most.

 

I wouldn't assume that the simple fix is moving the license plate to the side.  There may be other reasons.  Regardless I think it will work for 99.9% of buyers (if not more) and other options are available for the other .1%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

License plate on the side will look even more strange when there is nothing in the middle to prevent it from going there.

 

ford-maverick-base-model-spy-shots-back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

License plate on the side will look even more strange when there is nothing in the middle to prevent it from going there.

 

 

My guess is that the illumination light is already in position above that (side) location, and it ain't movin'

 

HRG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the receiver hitch will be standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, akirby said:

Maybe the receiver hitch will be standard.

Not likely based on the photo posted above.  In my opinion, the entire rear bumper on the Maverick is hideous, but I don’t plan on buying one anyway.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Not likely based on the photo posted above.  In my opinion, the entire rear bumper on the Maverick is hideous, but I don’t plan on buying one anyway.  

 


I thought that was a removable cover in the photo.  Maybe not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, akirby said:


I thought that was a removable cover in the photo.  Maybe not.

Good point, could be I suppose.  Either way, the rear bumper design is visually unappealing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, T-dubz said:

License plate on the side will look even more strange when there is nothing in the middle to prevent it from going there.

 

ford-maverick-base-model-spy-shots-back.

It will distract some from seeing the muffler hanging down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, akirby said:


I thought that was a removable cover in the photo.  Maybe not.

 

It's probably just an insert for ones that don't have it, so they can just make one bumper mold for all of them to keep costs down - get the hitch, you get the cutout, don't get it, they throw in the insert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

 

It's probably just an insert for ones that don't have it, so they can just make one bumper mold for all of them to keep costs down - get the hitch, you get the cutout, don't get it, they throw in the insert.

 

I think you're correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea on when this will be revealed? With the "leaks" I would assume this would happen in the next week or two.

 

Also, wondering if this will receive a Badlands model, using the special bits from the BS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Any idea on when this will be revealed? With the "leaks" I would assume this would happen in the next week or two.

 

Also, wondering if this will receive a Badlands model, using the special bits from the BS?

 

There's an outside chance it could be part of the April "wholesale" allocation discussions but more likely May if they'll actually have a Job #1 Date in July. I'll see what I can find out from the VP/GM at the dealership over the weekend.

 

The other source of information is the FDNB (Fleet Distribution Bulletin) which is the source for all the order bank, scheduling and production timetable information. It's generated on Friday's but sometimes not available until the weekend at least. 

Edited by ice-capades
Additional content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×