The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

mrmallerd

2022 Super Duty Orders & Discussion

43 minutes ago, tjm73 said:

Why would they ask? It's not your truck yet. Not until delivery. This would be a pre-delivery decision and you would have no input on the matter. 

No need to get perturbed about the phone and favorites, just delete the connection and move on with life. There is zero harm in that happening. Had the dealership done this you wouldn't know the difference.

And you’d most likely have 71 miles on it after a few days anyway.

Another week no email.............I haven't been waiting as long as some but I am at 6 months next week.

No “scheduled” email for me today, ordered 12/6/21. Did anyone receive one today? If so, what was your order date?

2022 F250 King Ranch Ultimate 6.7L with factory spray in bedliner and the 5th wheel prep package, no AS.

10/19 Ordered

2/1 - scheduled for 3/7

2/4 - rescheduled to 3/14

2/11- rescheduled to 3/21

2/17- rescheduled to 4/4

2/18- rescheduled to 3/21

2/25- rescheduled to 3/28

3/16- rescheduled to 4/4

4/13 - built

4/20 - shipped ETA 5/2 to 5/8

4/20 (12 hours later) ETA bumped to 5/14 to 5/20

5/13 - delivered to dealer

5/17 - took delivery!

IMG_6908.heic

The following notice was just released to Ford Dealers and has been posted to the 2022MY Super Duty Production Information section. 

Product Offering Changes - 2022MY Super Duty Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion

ACTION REQUESTED

• Please be advised of amendments to the 2022 Super Duty product offering availability (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion®)
  • Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal is now required on all orders. Impacted scheduled and unscheduled units will include credits on the window sticker.
  • Customers taking delivery of 22MY Super Duty Limited, Platinum, and King Ranch Ultimate Package including Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal must sign the linked Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature identified and they will not be charged for the feature. A copy of the signed Acknowledgement Form must be included in the deal jacket.
  • `Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should add Option Code 91X (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal) where applicable on scheduled and unscheduled retail and fleet orders by May 25, 2022. Orders that are not updated by May 25, 2022 will be amended by Ford on May 26, 2022. Scheduled and unscheduled stock orders will be amended by Ford on May 26, 2022.

SUMMARY
The automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages of a wide variety of components used to manufacture Ford vehicles. As a way for customers to get their Super Duty trucks sooner, Ford has implemented the following product offering change process.

Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal (91X)

• Vehicle orders with Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® (Driver and Passenger) (included on Limited, Platinum, and King Ranch Ultimate Package) will require Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal 91X through the remainder of the 2022 model year. The window sticker will reflect a credit in the amount of $300 for Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal.
  • Please be advised Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal will be listed on the window label at no charge/no credit on King Ranch models not equipped with the Ultimate Package. There is no credit associated with this configuration as seats without Multi-Contour with Active Motion® functionality are the standard condition on King Ranch.
  • Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should add Option Code 91X (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal) to Super Duty retail & fleet scheduled and unscheduled orders by May 25, 2022. Those orders that are not updated by May 26, 2022 will be amended by Ford to include Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal (91X) on May 26, 2022.
  • Unscheduled stock orders including the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® feature will be amended by Ford to include Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal (91X) on May 26, 2022. After this date, Option Code 91X will need to be added to all newly entered orders with the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® feature.

CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM
Customers purchasing a Super Duty Limited, Platinum, or King Ranch Ultimate Package with Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal must sign the linked customer acknowledgement form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature identified and they will not be charged for the feature.

20 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

The following notice was just released to Ford Dealers and has been posted to the 2022MY Super Duty Production Information section. 

Product Offering Changes - 2022MY Super Duty Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion

ACTION REQUESTED

• Please be advised of amendments to the 2022 Super Duty product offering availability (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion®)
  • Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal is now required on all orders. Impacted scheduled and unscheduled units will include credits on the window sticker.
  • Customers taking delivery of 22MY Super Duty Limited, Platinum, and King Ranch Ultimate Package including Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal must sign the linked Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature identified and they will not be charged for the feature. A copy of the signed Acknowledgement Form must be included in the deal jacket.
  • `Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should add Option Code 91X (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal) where applicable on scheduled and unscheduled retail and fleet orders by May 25, 2022. Orders that are not updated by May 25, 2022 will be amended by Ford on May 26, 2022. Scheduled and unscheduled stock orders will be amended by Ford on May 26, 2022.

SUMMARY
The automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages of a wide variety of components used to manufacture Ford vehicles. As a way for customers to get their Super Duty trucks sooner, Ford has implemented the following product offering change process.

• Vehicle orders with Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® (Driver and Passenger) (included on Limited, Platinum, and King Ranch Ultimate Package) will require Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal 91X through the remainder of the 2022 model year. The window sticker will reflect a credit in the amount of $300 for Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal.
  • Please be advised Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal will be listed on the window label at no charge/no credit on King Ranch models not equipped with the Ultimate Package. There is no credit associated with this configuration as seats without Multi-Contour with Active Motion® functionality are the standard condition on King Ranch.
  • Dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders. Following this communication, dealers should add Option Code 91X (Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal) to Super Duty retail & fleet scheduled and unscheduled orders by May 25, 2022. Those orders that are not updated by May 26, 2022 will be amended by Ford to include Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal (91X) on May 26, 2022.
  • Unscheduled stock orders including the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® feature will be amended by Ford to include Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal (91X) on May 26, 2022. After this date, Option Code 91X will need to be added to all newly entered orders with the Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® feature.

Customers purchasing a Super Duty Limited, Platinum, or King Ranch Ultimate Package with Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal must sign the linked customer acknowledgement form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature identified and they will not be charged for the feature.

What does this mean for those of us with trucks currently in production?  The current window sticker doesn’t say anything about the removal. 

24 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

ACTION REQUESTED

SUMMARY

Well that sucks big ones. As a person with back and leg issues I really needed the massage part of the seat.🙁

On 5/17/2022 at 9:43 PM, Bluedust11 said:

I was schedule for week of May 16th (not sure of day) and when I checked the Ford website tracker Friday May 13th it already was showing as “in production”. Window sticker was available Sunday. 
I’m so relieved it was not bumped back at all. 

Hoping it doesn’t get too delayed in the production phase and ships quickly. 

Fingers crossed for a truck mid to late June.

Mine was the same. I figured it would've been built by now. I've had my sticker since last Friday as well, but it's been crickets since. 

I've got a CPO expiring 7/5 so I'm anxiously and feverishly checking the tracker and FordPass for updates. 

windowsticker (19).pdf

On 5/18/2022 at 1:41 PM, NoPistons said:

@ice-capades - Bringing this back from earlier in the thread...

Well, I went to have a look at my F450 that arrived last week. It has 73mi on the ODO.

Does the mileage make sense?  Is the dealer 73 miles from the depot?

While I would be pissed too, in the grand scheme of things, it won't make a difference two months from now.

Great 

after waiting 9monrhs +
still not scheduled

i won’t get the truck I ordered

Over 100000$ and they take out motions seats

ford should make it right some how 

300$ credit really 

boy they don’t want return customers 🤯

27 minutes ago, F450 said:

Great 

after waiting 9monrhs +
still not scheduled

i won’t get the truck I ordered

Over 100000$ and they take out motions seats

ford should make it right some how 

300$ credit really 

boy they don’t want return customers 🤯

Definitely sucks a fat one.  That is one of the big reasons why people spend thousands to upgrade to a Platinum.  After waiting this long you are basically told “sorry - here’s $300 - now go pound sand!”   

Also pissed about the likelihood that I will not get my motion seats (the reason why I ordered a platinum vs lariat) and no the $300 credit doesn’t make up for it. Even worse I went to go price out the difference between the lariat and the platinum and it looks like a lariat can no longer be built with the tremor package so I can’t compare it anymore. But if it’s anything like the multi contour seats I am sure that will be the next thing ford hands down to customers the lariat tremor delete option!  (Pure speculation only). 

Posted (edited)

Ford is screwing everyone that went to the trouble of ordering the truck they wanted if you ordered a king Ranch ultimate, platinum or limited. We paid a premium for a package that included the active motion seats and Ford has decided NOPE not gonna build them with it and we(Ford) will give you $300 credit. Hell I would have saved money and ordered differently or not even traded my ‘19 KRU if I knew I couldn’t get the truck I wanted and would have to settle for whatever Ford feels like providing. I am really going to be pissed and Ford will lose a 38 year committed customer if the ‘23 super duty has active motion seats!!!!

so what’s next Ford ? I sorry but we are gonna give you non-platinum seat leather and a $30 credit or maybe just give you an XL instead ?

Edited by Cglenn

Yep

i am really thinking of canceling my 100000$+ order 

and not buy any new f450

ill keep the 2016 with 42000mile then

ford what’s your thinking

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, tjm73 said:

Why would they ask? It's not your truck yet. Not until delivery. This would be a pre-delivery decision and you would have no input on the matter. 

No need to get perturbed about the phone and favorites, just delete the connection and move on with life. There is zero harm in that happening. Had the dealership done this you wouldn't know the difference.

Ok maybe not ask but it would be nice to know since it is an unusual amount of miles. it's called good customer service. 

Edited by Monoman

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

ACTION REQUESTED

SUMMARY

Does this include the three-way lumbar support too? I just received my in production email last Thursday (scheduled for the week of June 13th). Other than the fact that I need the seats as ordered, this will reduce resale value of my Platinum package for the future.

If this idiocy holds true, I may let them mark my retail order up and sell it to someone else. This is BS and a horrible move by FOMOCO. I can keep my 2018 F350 Platty that has all of the MY22 constraints and be just fine..

Edited by JeffSpencer

It was posted on the other thread that the Multi Contour seat delete might have a dealer installed module later when available. 

Can any of the Ford guys respond?

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2022 at 8:52 AM, EJS1463 said:

Nothing yet..........I guess it will be another few weeks.  Order 12/31/21 KRU 6.7 with the Tremor package, dealer says I have been bumped to priority 2 since the first of March. 

Right there with you. Ordered 12/24/22 and was confirmed 12/31/22. Have not heard a thing. I’ve called the dealer a couple of times to ask how it’s coming along. Unscheduled clean is what he always tells me.  Now I here that multicontour seats with active motion are not going to be available on any of the remaining 22MY orders. So no massaging seats and Ford gives me a $300 credit!  Glad I didn’t already trade in my 2020 DRW king ranch. It has everything I can’t seem to special order on a 22MY DRW king ranch to include GPS navigation that doesn’t cost me $80 a year. Piss poor Ford!!  I’ll be standing by to see if and when the dealer contacts me to have me sign the form acknowledging this BS.  I was prepared to wait to get the truck I wanted and didn’t give in to dropping the commodity restraints I needed. Now it looks like Ford is just going to build them with what they want to clear the books and offer up low ball credits. Probably tell them they can sell it someone else instead and I want my deposit back. 

Edited by Mike83

Not happy to hear we will not be getting the multi-contour seats.  Ordered August 23 - King Ranch with Ultimate, chrome package, upfitter switches, adaptive steering and cruise, 5th wheel prep and spray in bed liner.  Wasn't willing to delete anything to get the truck sooner because I have a 19 KR equipped the same way. Still not scheduled.  I am considering taking the truck and keeping the 19 which has been flawless for 80,000 miles. The 22's are going for $10-15k over sticker on Auto Trader.  Why let the dealer keep the truck and make a huge profit on it.  I may sell it myself.

15 hours ago, manko said:

What does this mean for those of us with trucks currently in production?  The current window sticker doesn’t say anything about the removal. 

The fact that I learn about this on this forum and NOT my dealer is BS and is indicative of my dealership experience since November of last year.   I will reach out to them today for clarification.

If I am affected, I may still take delivery and put it up for sale.  Let me know if anyone would be interested as I am scheduled for production on June 13th.

F250 King Ranch, power stroke, KR unlimited package, chrome package, Tremor package.  Color is stone gray.  

36 minutes ago, Harrisden54 said:

Not happy to hear we will not be getting the multi-contour seats.  Ordered August 23 - King Ranch with Ultimate, chrome package, upfitter switches, adaptive steering and cruise, 5th wheel prep and spray in bed liner.  Wasn't willing to delete anything to get the truck sooner because I have a 19 KR equipped the same way. Still not scheduled.  I am considering taking the truck and keeping the 19 which has been flawless for 80,000 miles. The 22's are going for $10-15k over sticker on Auto Trader.  Why let the dealer keep the truck and make a huge profit on it.  I may sell it myself.

You make an excellent point sir!

All you guys pi$$ed at Ford, what are they supposed to do?  They can't get the parts.  It's not their fault, and there really isn't much they can do about it.  It sucks, yes, but they are trying to make a compromise to get you the truck.

I've had my Platinum on order for nearly 9 months (9/3/21), and it looks like I'm going to lose my multi-contour seats as well.  That's a big reason I moved to the Platinum as I get sciatic and lower back pain after hours in the truck, so I was hoping this would help.  Am I upset?  Yeah, sure, but in the grand scheme of things, whadaya gonna do?  It's not like you can go buy one from another manufacturer with the same goodies.  They're all in the same boat.  Personally, I'll probably let my truck get built, and when it shows up at the dealer, see if they'll buy it from me and I'll just keep my '17 and order a '23 and hope it gets built.  Thankfully, I don't "need" a new truck.

In the end, it's just first world problems and we're all just spoiled brats.  :)

Worse ordering experience 

ever

not to exited to get truck now

(300$) credit for seats now WOW

ordered other cars and trucks and they kept you better involved

it seems like ford really has to many customers and don’t care if they don’t keep them happy or lose them

they blame it on dealers

never there fault

Just a rant

🤪

I bet Ford didn’t send out something telling all the lightning order holders that no multi-contour/active motion seats. Bet that’s where the modules and parts jare going. Still beyond pissed. I will take the truck just to keep the dealer from profiting an insane markup and then I will sell it and buy another brand. Done with Ford after 38 years of loyalty.

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

All you guys pi$$ed at Ford, what are they supposed to do?  They can't get the parts.  It's not their fault, and there really isn't much they can do about it.  It sucks, yes, but they are trying to make a compromise to get you the truck.

I've had my Platinum on order for nearly 9 months (9/3/21), and it looks like I'm going to lose my multi-contour seats as well.  That's a big reason I moved to the Platinum as I get sciatic and lower back pain after hours in the truck, so I was hoping this would help.  Am I upset?  Yeah, sure, but in the grand scheme of things, whadaya gonna do?  It's not like you can go buy one from another manufacturer with the same goodies.  They're all in the same boat.  Personally, I'll probably let my truck get built, and when it shows up at the dealer, see if they'll buy it from me and I'll just keep my '17 and order a '23 and hope it gets built.  Thankfully, I don't "need" a new truck.

In the end, it's just first world problems and we're all just spoiled brats.  :)

I finally cancelled my F-350 order as I found a F-250 with 95% of what I wanted at another local dealer. Since life has no guarantees, I figured that having what I need is more important than having everything that I want.

On the bright side, that is one less that they need to build and hopefully everybody waiting gets theirs ever so slightly quicker.