2024 Lincoln Aviator Refresh Spied Without Camo

57 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The headlight "horns" are interesting....

It’s the base model, same as base new Nautilus. The next trims up have a light bar going to through the Lincoln emblem. I’m more concerned about the tail, looks like nothing was done there! Lincoln has a pattern of not updating their tails unfortunately. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, spudz64 said:

It’s the base model, same as base new Nautilus. The next trims up have a light bar going to through the Lincoln emblem. I’m more concerned about the tail, looks like nothing was done there! Lincoln has a pattern of not updating their tails unfortunately. 

I hate the lack of rear updates. It always looks so offensive. MKZ, MKC, Corsair, and Aviator updates.

• Like 2

Is this an incomplete model?  Almost looks like it lol.

Without the bar through the grille (I'd say trims without the light should have a chrome strip, not just....nothing), it makes the front end look like it wants to sneeze or something.

• Haha 3

• ice-capades changed the title to 2024 Lincoln Aviator Refresh Spied Without Camo
18 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Is this an incomplete model?  Almost looks like it lol.

Without the bar through the grille (I'd say trims without the light should have a chrome strip, not just....nothing), it makes the front end look like it wants to sneeze or something.

maybe, or it could be the base model or the base model for China? 

Where are the turn signals? I like how on my Aviator they are separate from the headlights. I’m sure the reserve and black label will have the full width light bar—thought they would have done more with the rear but I think it’s aging gracefully. What really needs work is the interior—more so the tech aspect of it and I’m sure that will be addressed. 

That front end is not translating for me based on the rest of the vehicle, however I t’s too early for me to pass judgment. It will be pretty ridiculous if there are literally no changes to the rear.  How difficult is it?   I hope this is just a base model, which would be why there isn’t a coast to coast screen in it.  So far, I’m a little worried about this refresh, considering how impressed I was when the Aviator originally came out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spudz64 said:

Here’s the base 2024 Nautilus for comparison….I don’t understand why they even bother to tool up for this version and instead just include the light bar on all. 

Could be a fleet only option...cheaper to repair in minor accidents?

7 minutes ago, spudz64 said:

Here’s the base 2024 Nautilus for comparison….I don’t understand why they even bother to tool up for this version and instead just include the light bar on all. 

IMG_2596.jpeg

I’d be curious to know how many of the base models will even be sold, though I agree. 

42 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Could be a fleet only option...cheaper to repair in minor accidents?

I could see that being a thing for government issued Explorers or something. But I don't think I've ever seen a aviator being used as a fleet vehicle. But that would be awesome if they were being used as a fleet vehicle. 

Personally, I think it's a combination of trying to offer the base model for a lower price, and creating more visual separation between the higher and lower trims to convince more people to pay more. 

11 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

I could see that being a thing for government issued Explorers or something. But I don't think I've ever seen a aviator being used as a fleet vehicle. But that would be awesome if they were being used as a fleet vehicle. 

What I mean by a fleet vehicle is being used as a vehicle to pick up people to go the airport or other things...basically a black car service. 

1 hour ago, tbone said:

That front end is not translating for me based on the rest of the vehicle, however I t’s too early for me to pass judgment. It will be pretty ridiculous if there are literally no changes to the rear.  How difficult is it?   I hope this is just a base model, which would be why there isn’t a coast to coast screen in it.  So far, I’m a little worried about this refresh, considering how impressed I was when the Aviator originally came out.

Aside from Navigator's 22 refresh and MKX --> Nautilus '19 refresh that just changed the taillight graphics, most of Lincolns refreshes since 2017 have ignored the rear end completely for whatever reason.  I expected at least a graphics refresh that would maybe incorporate the downward sweep on the top end of the taillights.

1 hour ago, spudz64 said:

IMG_2596.jpeg

See, Nautilus at least has the bar across, even if it's black/not illuminated, unlike what we're seeing on the Aviator.

1 hour ago, Bellanca said:

Where are the turn signals? I like how on my Aviator they are separate from the headlights. I’m sure the reserve and black label will have the full width light bar—thought they would have done more with the rear but I think it’s aging gracefully. What really needs work is the interior—more so the tech aspect of it and I’m sure that will be addressed. 

I'd have to guess that perhaps the white running light will convert to amber?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spudz64 said:

????????

Why why WHY must everything have a damn light bar? It looks so stupid. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

????????

because FUUUTUUUUUREEEEEE.

I agree they're unnecessary for the front.  I love a good rear/taillight full width lightbar, but only for brands with historical usage of it like Lincoln or even Porsche.  This trend of everyone and their brother doing it now is annoying.

Edited by rmc523
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

????????

Yeah, I'm kinda iffy on the trend myself. That being said, the way Lincoln implemented it isn't half bad. The way it glides across and then curves up as it goes into the main headlight looks a lot like a wing with a winglet. It suites the quiet flight theme perfectly.

I also love so it basically cuts thought the grille, rather than running above it. Helps to break up what would otherwise be a black square with little style to it. Lots of brands just take a half assed approach to this feature, but it makes the vehicle look better in Lincoln's case. EVs with that feature and more radical styling would look amazing if well executed. 

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

????????

Exactly, I prefer signature lights (like bronco) so that I can differentiate models driving down the road. A light bar is not creative and serves no purpose but to blend in with every other model that now has light bars 

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

????????

Exactly, I prefer signature lights (like bronco) so that I can differentiate models driving down the road. A light bar is not creative and serves no purpose but to blend in with every other model that now has light bars