What's your favorite modern Ford color?

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I have the opposite opinion of Antimatter blue - I very much dislike it, and call it "why bother blue", since you need direct sunlight to even know it's blue.  Sadly, that's the only blue currently offered on the Raptor, which makes no sense to me.....but I'm glad we have 5 shades of gray! [/sarcasm]

Point taken...I call it bluack.  It does look good in bright sun with a fresh wax job (which doesn't happen much for me unfortunately)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Point taken...I call it bluack.  It does look good in bright sun with a fresh wax job (which doesn't happen much for me unfortunately)!

It’s nothing like Lincoln’s flight blue.  It looks completely black until the sun hits it and then it’s a dark navy.  Way too black for me.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

It’s nothing like Lincoln’s flight blue.  It looks completely black until the sun hits it and then it’s a dark navy.  Way too black for me.

image.png.ae58db5db36151e150b1a1d18a4f817c.png

Agreed - If I want a blue car, I want something that's actually blue, not "well if you squint upside down on the third Tuesday of every 4th month IF it's sunny, it's blue".

It CAN be a neat color if you're going for that look, but I just hate it being the ONLY blue option for Raptor.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Agreed - If I want a blue car, I want something that's actually blue, not "well if you squint upside down on the third Tuesday of every 4th month IF it's sunny, it's blue".

It CAN be a neat color if you're going for that look, but I just hate it being the ONLY blue option for Raptor.

This is why I didn't propose blue ember. I love that color when it has that violet with hints of copper look. But in real world most pics and vids of it look black, or like this grayish copper. For a color with blue in the name, it almost never looks blue. 

On 4/29/2024 at 2:28 PM, fordmantpw said:

Antimatter is Midnight blue to me. Way too dark. 

I was a fan of Guard (I think that is gone now).

My LEAST favorite Ford (and Lincoln) color by far was Ginger Ale from about 10 years ago. It looked terrible on all of the vehicles it was used on (I remember the Taurus, MKS, and Escape in particular). 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

Ford had this unique shade called Ice storm back in the day, I believe it was exclusive to their EVs and hybrids. I'd love to see a color like that make a return. 

I always thought that Ice Storm paired well with the EV.

19 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

Ford had this unique shade called Ice storm back in the day, I believe it was exclusive to their EVs and hybrids. I'd love to see a color like that make a return. 

My 2013 MKZ Hybrid was Ice Storm.  Friends and family loved debating if it was blue or green.  I always said more blue than anything.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

My 2009 Flex was similar to Ice storm - it was Light Ice Blue metallic.  It looked fantastic with the white roof and chrome accents:

It would vary between blue and silverish depending on lighting

IMG_0036.png

IMG_0035.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My '11 Fiesta SES came with Monterey Grey which I thought was the best grey I ever saw. It was much better than the Magnetic Grey on my '17 Fusion Sport. My '14 Escape Titanium came with Tuxedo Black. It wasn't bad however, my '22 Edge ST in Agate Black is much better IMHO. I was disappointed with Ford Performance Blue in my '21 Edge ST. The novelty wore off because I prefer darker blues. Think TARDIS shade.

37 minutes ago, The Handler said:

My Expedition is Blue Metallic. Very similar to the old Medium Wedgewood Blue.

My dad's '04 F-150 was Medium Wedgewood Blue and was a Lariat with the gold accents - I liked the color.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

My dad's '04 F-150 was Medium Wedgewood Blue and was a Lariat with the gold accents - I liked the color.

Ahhh… the Eddie Bauer treatment.  I think our 99 expedition was medium wedgewood blue.

On 4/29/2024 at 4:55 PM, rmc523 said:

I've seen a couple Antimatter Raptors recently in bright sunlight and I didn't even realize they were Antimatter until I got right up on them.  They  need to add a true blue option back for '25