-
Files
-
Popular Contributors
-
Posts
-
By fordmantpw · Posted
NOx and regens are not related to each other. NOx necessitates DEF, soot necessitates the DPF and regens. -
But they're also at times hilarious. I remember a few years, going to the Chicago Auto Show, seeing Ford/Dodge/GM banners proclaiming their increases in horsepower and/or torque, making them the new King of the Hill. I always figured if it means the manufacturers are actually paying attention to improving those engines, I'm all for it.
-
The whole point of the larger displacement, and as shown by his HP/L metric is to lower combustion temperatures so that NOx emissions are lowered, so that they can work to eliminating DEF. EGR and the DPF are going to remain, but if they can lower NOx enough, you may not need regen on the DPF. If Ford goes to 8.0L I would expect similar power numbers as the GM 8.3L.
-
I remember someone suggested that these aluminum issues (I know its not confirmed to be aluminum, but this looks like aluminum and the article speculates that way) could drive Ford to bring the F-150 back to steel body. That would probably be a good move at this point if they can find weight savings elsewhere.
-
By fordmantpw · Posted
HP wars like this are ridiculous. You won't notice the difference between 500/1200 and 555/1230. Both use torque management to protect the driveline in the lower gears, so off-the-line feel will likely be similar. Maybe towing 40k lbs. you would notice a small difference towing up to the Eisenhower tunnel, but 99% of people won't notice an appreciable difference. Pretty sure the 330/950 coming in my cab & chassis will be sufficient for my use (~24k loaded). -
What the liberals continue to ignore is that the higher targets made cheap small cars untenable and pushed mfrs to bigger more expensive suvs and trucks. Good intentions but completely out of touch with reality and common sense. No mfr is going backwards on fuel economy and we will see more smaller cheaper vehicles.
-
Current Ford 6.7L is already 500/1200.
-
By Sherminator98 · Posted
https://apnews.com/article/trump-gas-mileage-electric-vehicles-pollution-403742074c3f3140aaa1d10829daf35f -
By Sherminator98 · Posted
https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2026/09/25/ford-f-150-dearborn-truck-production-down/91939468007/ -
I was watching a YouTube about the new GM Duramax 8.3 V8 diesel - 555 hp and 1,230 lb ft Gale Banks mentioned that Ford is rumoured to be working on a new 8.0 liter diesel. I can’t imagine Ford letting GM get the lead on a new diesel engine in Super Duty for too long.
-
-
Topics
-
Top Downloads
-
-
Albums
-
2022 Ranger Splash Desert Sand
- By Rangermrd,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
Performance Tuner Connects
- By LostInTransit,
- 0
- 0
- 7
-
amtrucker22
- By amtrucker22,
- 0
- 0
- 1
-
4 CRUZEN
- By 04GT,
- 0
- 0
- 4
-
2021 Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring in Burgundy Velvet
- By RedHoncho01,
- 2
- 1
- 3
-
