Camaro Outpaces Mustang In Pony War

The principle complaint about the 2010-2011 Mustangs is the rear end styling. When comparing the 2010 vs. the 2011 model though, the 2011 handles superbly and the 5.0L is just awesome.

Does the Camaro have staying power? It looks like it's holding its own - even without the convertible or Z28 model. Personally, I like the new Camaro very much and would consider one if I wasn't in line for a Boss 302.

GM have spent a lot of cash on Zeta Camaro, they are still to roll out convertible and other high series models

yet they are already saying the car is too big / heavy and are planning a much lighter version presumably on

an entirely different platform. How on earth can that be smart engineering or economics......

I don't understand what people dislike about the rear styling.

specifically , to put a finger on it, its the un-necessary "kink" in the tail-lights....distinctive perhaps, but doesnt work for me either, the kink is un-necessary "fussiness" and would have / could have looked a lot "cleaner" without....

specifically , to put a finger on it, its the UN-necessary "kink" in the tail-lights....distinctive perhaps, but doesnt work for me either, the kink is un-necessary "fussiness" and would have / could have looked a lot "cleaner" without....

I totally agree. Also the concave trunk adds even more unnecessary details.

I like the front and the hips. I don't think losing the "C" cove is a good idea either, now it's just a "H" hockey stick.

specifically , to put a finger on it, its the un-necessary "kink" in the tail-lights....distinctive perhaps, but doesnt work for me either, the kink is un-necessary "fussiness" and would have / could have looked a lot "cleaner" without....

It's not un-necessary - it's part of the styling that makes the overall design sleeker and lighter. It's not just the taillights - the entire rear corner is "clipped". It looks more streamlined and less blocky.

It's not un-necessary - it's part of the styling that makes the overall design sleeker and lighter. It's not just the taillights - the entire rear corner is "clipped". It looks more streamlined and less blocky.

styling is subjective, I like everything BAR the overdone tailights.....and obviously, right OR wrong, I'm not the only one....to me its too fussy...and I lay the onus on the one design feature noted, the kink in the tail-lights....everything else looks great...funny though how anything against the Mustang has people up in arms...so heres another, the foglights in the GT are "cartoonish" big....

Edited by Deanh

the foglights in the GT are "cartoonish" big....

I actually agree with that which is why I would order a V6 pony package.

I was only poining out that they didn't just take the taillights and add a kink to them - they modified the entire rear corner and the taillights were just along for the ride.

Like I said I like the overall look but I can also understand why people like the old ones.

I actually agree with that which is why I would order a V6 pony package.

I was only poining out that they didn't just take the taillights and add a kink to them - they modified the entire rear corner and the taillights were just along for the ride.

Like I said I like the overall look but I can also understand why people like the old ones.

its really the only thing i hear from people...aside from that thumb up...

On the wine - I like making my own wine, or the muscadine wine my buddy down in south carolina makes, or better yet, the muscadine corn liquor :party: :tequila: (<- name of the emoticon is tequila, don't even get me started on the patron, st george sc, and mexican restaurant story :hysterical: )

Anyway, I wasn't a fan of the new rear end of the 'stang when it first came out, but the car, overall, has grown on me substantially and I actually prefer to the older ones now. When I see the older ones they just look dated to me and kind of bland/boring - and I never thought I'd say that about the s197 stangs.

Separated at birth?

Lightning_McQueen.jpg

2010-camaro-ss.jpg

They're making a Cars 2 for those that are interested LOL.

I've never liked the kink either - I would've just had it flat and then taper to the corners.