New Ford sedan caught testing

xlarge_201x_ford_taurus.jpg

2014 Ford Taurus has more LEDs than kiddie Keds

2014 Ford Taurus has more LEDs than kiddie KedsFord continues to churn out updates to its full-sized Ford Taurus, perhaps hoping GM will never produce another new Chevy Impala. Here's what appears to be the next-generation 2014 Ford Taurus in full camo.

Trying to discern the detailed design cues in this well-covered prototype is a lot like hoping to catch a breast in the fuzz of scrambled pre-digital cable channels. There's an outline, but not much that's going to encourage a vinegar stroke. What we can easily tell is the vehicle's profile is a meaningful departure from the staid current design.

LINK - Jalopnik

Edited by PREMiERdrum

One thing I did notice is the camo....its very effective in hiding the lower part of the green house. If you look at the drivers side, you can see that the belt line with the windows is about 2-3 inches deeper then where the side camo is.

Def not the Taurus...MKZ or Fusion. I'd say Fusion because of the wheels..but they are easy to swap out.

It looks too big to be a Fusion, it's probably the 2014/15 Taurus as the article states. Remember, the Taurus is moving to a stretched EUCD2 platform not long after the Fusion comes out. The 2013 Taurus might be a one year special.

Not long after does not mean"before", way too soon to be a Taurus.

Looks like MKZ, its too short to be a Taurus, rear passenger window looks short as well, and I'm seeing a difference in the cut out of the rear passenger doors, whereas this one seems to be more formal, the Fusion one seems to have a bigger window opening. All camos we have seen also hides what would be the "C" window area. We know Mondeo has one, but these camos always have it covered, but follow the lines of the door cut outs and on this one we see that a "C" window isn't needed to finish the lines for the door cut outl. We seen a few of the circular foglamp on the Fusion camos, maybe the MKZ gets the LED strip ?

So I take it it that somebody e-mailed their crappy cell-phone photo to Jalopnik and they took it upon themselves to declare this the next Taurus, ignoring the fact that Ford has already announced and revealed a substantially updated 2013 Taurus. In what world does that make sense to anybody, especially auto journalists?

This is the MKZ dudes.

Edited by BORG

xlarge_201x_ford_taurus.jpg

Looking at the photo, is there THAT much difference in MKZ/Fusion versus Fiesta?

I admit it's not a good angle, but the back of the Fiesta hits about the middle of the rear door (I realize the Fiesta is parked a little forward, but not that much). I didn't think a MKZ/Fusion were that much longer.

Looking at the photo, is there THAT much difference in MKZ/Fusion versus Fiesta?

I admit it's not a good angle, but the back of the Fiesta hits about the middle of the rear door (I realize the Fiesta is parked a little forward, but not that much). I didn't think a MKZ/Fusion were that much longer.

Current Mondeo is 190 inches long, the Fiesta hatchback is 160...so just over 2 1/2 foot difference between the two.