2013 Lincoln MKZ Revealed

EB27 better than EB20 in fuel economy? Not likely, nano or not.

Better than TiVCT 3.7, in power AND fuel economy AND technology, you bet. But the 3.7 may be cheaper to make, so it'll still have its place.

the 2.0 is a bit of a disappointment, the newer design and technologies on the 2.7 could offer better economy than the 2.0.

the 3.7 will have a place in ford's lineup in the future, I just don't think it will be in a premium car like the MKZ when the 2.7 is released.

And it's not as if Ford hasn't shown a willingness to update its current powertrains lately. I imagine the 3.7 will become more efficient as time passes also.

I am not saying that, I just think the EB27 will replace the 3.7 in Lincolns.

the 2.0 is a bit of a disappointment, the newer design and technologies on the 2.7 could offer better economy than the 2.0.

I wouldn't call it disappointment, I would call it "Ford sandbagging it" - there's no MPG # for any EB20 cars yet, but the 3.7 AWD cited here is the same as the much heavier (~4300lbs) 2013 MKS AWD, so...

2013 MKS Spec

the 3.7 will have a place in ford's lineup in the future, I just don't think it will be in a premium car like the MKZ when the 2.7 is released.

We are in agreement.

I do love the rear of this car more than the front, which is a rare statement about most cars! On the other hand, I kinda miss the Lincoln logo on the rear. I noticed there is some leather stitching on the dash, a step up for sure. That is the widest D PiLLAR in the automotive world, isn't it?

nope, i sat behind a BMW GT this morning, the D pillars and hatch surround make the rear window a "porthole"....

Did you re-record these? It sounds like a rain storm/running water when you watch the video...i had to take a leak afterwards! hyper.gif

Ha, no. For whatever reason, Ford includes white noise with their B-Roll.

Another thing we should keep in mind here is that this B-Roll is a CG model ;)

Edited by BORG

darker hues DEFINITELY look better....LOVE the rear end....not too many cars have this distinctive of a rump....

I agree. IMHO, the effort has a lot of 'Horbury Volvo' in the shoulder and rear quarter. The windowsill line is a gentle curve, similar to M-B's. This is good, all sorts of luxo visual 'cues' abound. :)

Does the red outline part of the rear light bar illuniate or just the thin white stip in the center? It looks like there are LED's all around the red outline area of the housing.

Looking at the picture below, if I had to guess, I'd say that the white strip in the center acted as the brake lights, with what looks to be 4 LEDs in the center of that strip that are white for reverse lights. The outer red area would then be running lights at night. That is my guess anyway until we see pictures (unless its the other way around?).

2013lincolnmkz-16.jpg

Looking at the picture below, if I had to guess, I'd say that the white strip in the center acted as the brake lights, with what looks to be 4 LEDs in the center of that strip that are white for reverse lights. The outer red area would then be running lights at night. That is my guess anyway until we see pictures (unless its the other way around?).

2013lincolnmkz-16.jpg

that really is a stunning rear veiw.....

I like it, especially the rear end - the only exception being the mast antenna on the quarter panel as I mentioned before.

I like the return to the horizontally stretched "LINCOLN" script that was used in the early 2000's until the MKS debuted in '08 - I always liked it (the stretched one) better.

112_0905_03z+2010_lincoln_MKS_EcoBoost+trunk_lid.jpg

2013-Lincoln-MKZ-rear1-1024x640.jpg

I like it, especially the rear end - the only exception being the mast antenna on the quarter panel as I mentioned before.

I like the return to the horizontally stretched "LINCOLN" script that was used in the early 2000's until the MKS debuted in '08 - I always liked it (the stretched one) better.

112_0905_03z+2010_lincoln_MKS_EcoBoost+trunk_lid.jpg

2013-Lincoln-MKZ-rear1-1024x640.jpg

much that I think the new Fusion is going to kill Taurus sales, I feel this may do the same to the MKS....

Much better in black, it takes out all the panoramic roof creases/tracks that make that pop out. Its just like with the LS and it's its black rocker panels, it didnt look good when in the lighter colors which is why I would always get them in black, same with the MKX now, hm wait Ive always had black on any car...