'15 Mustang revealed????

The grille horse has always run right to left. American racehorses run left to right.

As Lee Iacocca responded in 1964, It runs that way because it's a wild horse not a thoroughbred.

http://designshack.net/articles/graphics/five-fascinating-things-you-didnt-know-about-famous-car-logos/

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/20/2015-ford-mustang-face-spy-shots/

Nice to see the Boss 302S as chase car :)

At least we can say the door window mechanism looks carry-over not like there was an issue with that.

The '93-95 Cobras used the same emblem on both sides so the passenger side was facing to the rear. As for recently, the '10-14 GT500 moved the grille badge from the driver's side to the passenger's - still faces to the right on both though.

Ah, I knew it switched sides in the grille. Wasn't sure if it flipped or not. Thanks for correcting me.

Well, it looks like a good compromise between the "retro" and "evos" stylings. Some pics online show a lot of rear tire, too, which might indicate a Shelby mule...and Ford addressing what has been a weakness in recent Shelby Mustangs, too little rear tire to actually use all the power on hand.

Hopefully, they don't bother with non-functional scoops on this generation!

Exactly what I was thinking. You can see current Mustang perfectly mixed with Evos. And PLEASE make sure the wheels/tires fill out the wheel wells. That will help prevent a divorce that would happen if I bought a new `Stang AND a new set of wheels.

I think its progressing nicely. There's lots of negative comments on FB about it though. Many calling it a 2 door Fusion etc etc.

please, slight family resemblence yes, but considering how the Fusions styling has gone across, could that be construed as a BAD thing????

• Like 1

please, slight family resemblence yes, but considering how the Fusions styling has gone across, could that be construed as a BAD thing????

I hear you but their assertions that it 'looks like every other Ford product right now" are not entirely untrue. The Mustang was of course always the one vehicle with a design language all to itself. This clearly is a move away from that methodology.

• Like 1

I hear you but their assertions that it 'looks like every other Ford product right now" are not entirely untrue. The Mustang was of course always the one vehicle with a design language all to itself. This clearly is a move away from that methodology.

'Four-Eyed' (Fairmonts, Thunderbirds, LTDs) and 'Aero' (1st Generation Taurus, Thunderbirds) Foxes notwithstanding . . .

I dunno... the last Fox-body model looked very much the cousin to the rest of the lineup. They all had the New Edge thing going on, especially with the grille and headlight shapes.

c444388a.jpg

12016-2004-Ford-Focus.jpg

DSCF8737.JPG

2004-ford-crown-victoria-lx-photo-3697-s

When the Mustang was introduced it looked nothing like the rest of the Ford line. Mustang was the only Ford with body colored metal under the bumpers, it didn't have round taillights or a full width grille integrated with the headlights and it featured fully radiused rear wheel openings.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

When the Mustang was introduced it looked nothing like the rest of the Ford line. Mustang was the only Ford with body colored metal under the bumpers, it didn't have round taillights or a full width grille integrated with the headlights and it featured fully radiused rear wheel openings.

But you do realize that was almost 50 years ago, right? :)

Since 1979 till 2004, the Mustang has shared its looks or gotten some of its looks from other Ford products, but its always looked like a Mustang none the less.

Heck even the 2005 Mustang got some of its styling from other Ford products, one could argue that both the 2002 Explorer and it shared the same design principles, even though they don't share styling directly. RJ posted about the styling of the Mustang, I can remember the name nor do I have the education in art to remember what its called.

People are just being very simplistic when they call...it looks like so and so car product...when the details are completely different on it. Heck I see that from lay people every day...the funniest example is my fiancee thinking a newer Jeep GC looks like an Explorer...now we call the GC a funny looking Explorer...LOL

The issue, to some of us, is that the Mustang may be losing it's identity. Even people who don't know squat about cars can usually identify a Mustang as they walk through the parking lot of their local Walmart. The front end of the current design, which mimics the original, just stands out.

Slapping the front end of the Fusion on a Mustang no doubt makes the car more modern and strengthens the car's family identity with other Ford products, but at what cost? As Fusions become as common as the air we breathe, styling-wise, the Mustang may risk becoming just another Ford.

But, we are looking at a prototype so I'll withhold final judgement until I see the real deal.

• Like 2

The issue, to some of us, is that the Mustang may be losing it's identity. Even people who don't know squat about cars can usually identify a Mustang as they walk through the parking lot of their local Walmart. The front end of the current design, which mimics the original, just stands out.

Slapping the front end of the Fusion on a Mustang no doubt makes the car more modern and strengthens the car's family identity with other Ford products, but at what cost? As Fusions become as common as the air we breathe, styling-wise, the Mustang may risk becoming just another Ford.

But, we are looking at a prototype so I'll withhold final judgement until I see the real deal.

The prototype front end still says Mustang to me so I don't understand the trepidation.

• Like 1

As long as it has a horse (leftward-facing, no less), it's a Mustang. That's good enough for me.

Even though I could still recognize them as Mustangs during that time, the pictures that RJ posted also show how anonymous the early Fox-bodies really were. (But then again, pretty much all cars were blocky and anonymous during that time.)

Edited by papilgee4evaeva