MKC Final Form Pics

I'm not sure if he "forgot" or if he's just winding us up for sport. I'm starting to lean towards the latter.

I can credit MKII's memory lapse as he was either in Canada or Estonia at the time---but for other people who were *here* to jump on those context free sales figures as 'proof' of some nonsense or another.......

I can credit MKII's memory lapse as he was either in Canada or Estonia at the time---but for other people who were *here* to jump on those context free sales figures as 'proof' of some nonsense or another.......

I think you know who I was referring to and it's not MKII.

Edited by akirby
  • Like 1

I did not consider the financial crash. :doh:

No proof, but I have a feeling the 2008 - 2011 Focus attracted a new crowd of buyers who normally would have never stepped into a Ford dealership.

But if I remember something from 2008 ,is that not the year that

Ford_SYNC_logo.jpg

helped in approximately 50% of those Focus sales as per some Ford media reports, plus some low selling prices (KBB in 2008 New Car Blue Book Values (what consumers are actually paying for the vehicle). listed the Focus in at $14,942.

The 2008 Focus refresh was approved in early 2006 when Ford was in survival mode and the future very unclear.

Consider the 2008 as a budget refresh that allowed Focus to maintain sales in a falling market and as mentioned above,

GM and Chrysler both went Chapter 11 that time while Ford survived..

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Good grief. It's been only five years since the bottom fell out of the auto market and *already* people are forgetting this?

Geez. How long before some people on this board have to be reminded that GM went bankrupt and that Chrysler is now owned by Fiat?

Yeah right Richard, whats next, you going to tell us a man actually landed on the moon...PFFFFFFT!

Park the Escape and MKC next to each other in a mall parking lot and nobody will think they're related unless they already know they share a platform. Everything you can see, touch, feel and smell is different.

Please provide statistics, pictures, market data and profiles. Minimum test sample of 50 people......or

If you think that it's okay to just say stuff and refuse to back it up with *evidence* (e.g. photo comparisons) when requested, then please stop posting here.

Just stop posing here.....

This is where we can't even agree to disagree-like V8-X tried to do.

Everyone has opinions especially when it relates to taste. Anyone who doesn't agree with you is neither right or wrong.

V8-X is hardly being disrespectful and should be given the courtesy of his opinions.

I for one don't see many similarities at all but I remember on this site people saying the same thing about a MK-X and an Edge....so clearly people have their own interpretations of design.

• Like 3

Just stop posing here.....

If you don't like what gets posted here, there is an easy solution to that.

If you don't like how I moderate this form, the same easy solution is available.

I cannot fathom why you would choose to spend your time in places where you do not care for the majority of the people, and why you would further waste your time by complaining about those people to those people. Do you think that some cosmic authority will reward you at some future date for the time you spend attempting to 'set us straight'? Or do you imagine that your somehow your irritation is going to convince me that my approach to this forum is wrong?

Please. Do your blood pressure a favor and leave.

Really? This is about the most inefficient source of Ford news in the internet. Coming here for Ford news is like saying you subscribe to Playboy for the articles, and meaning it.

Yeah , it used to be good for news. GMI used to be good for ford news too. Now both places are like middle school, bunch of clickes running out anyone who disagrees.

• Like 3

Someone interested in Ford news. btw, nice middle school come back. ;)

You can get that elsewhere. And, again, why bother coming here if you disapprove of so many people here? Just doesn't make any sense. Why spend the limited amount of time you have among people you don't care for?

Edited by RichardJensen

You can get that elsewhere. And, again, why bother coming here if you disapprove of so many people here? Just doesn't make any sense. Why spend the limited amount of time you have among people you don't care for?

I've been coming here longer than you have been here. Old habits die hard, I guess. I only have 200 hundred posts so it not like I spend all my time here. Plus, There are some interesting posters on this board who I enjoy reading. I don't want to derail this thread any more than I already have, so this my last post on this subject.

• Like 2

Yeah , it used to be good for news. GMI used to be good for ford news too. Now both places are like middle school, bunch of clickes running out anyone who disagrees.

Ford Inside News is getting just as bad but this place has to be the worst as far as children getting butt hurt all the time. Im not leaving though before somebody tells me to hit the door. I have not broke any rules and my opinion is worth just as much as the next guys. The traffic here is pitiful due to the way its run.

• Like 3

I've been coming here longer than you have been here. Old habits die hard, I guess. I only have 200 hundred posts so it not like I spend all my time here. Plus, There are some interesting posters on this board who I enjoy reading. I don't want to derail this thread any more than I already have, so this my last post on this subject.

you takin my job....?....derailment is my responsibility. Regardless, wherever a bunch on individuals frequent, its normal for dis-agreements, its pure human nature....and here is absolutely no worse than anywhere else, in fact theres less than most all auto related blogs I have witnessed....tis the nature of blogging....

as far as children getting butt hurt all the time.

Post with respect and logic and facts. If one is contentious and ignorant, one will get bitch-slapped. Simple, really. Respect, logic and facts. Facts are really, really important when one wants to be contentious, for establishing the validity of one's point of view, otherwise, all we have are negatard brain-farts. :)