SPIED: 2017 Ford F-Series Super Duty

I think you want a steeper windshield than that.

The Transit cab glass is, if anything, more slanted than the SD, which in turn, is considerably more slanted than the class standard Freightliner M2:

freightliner-m2-106-03.jpg

I think any new MD cab will look more like the established leader in the class, for the very obvious reason that this provides superior forward visibility.

I think you want a steeper windshield than that.

The Transit cab glass is, if anything, more slanted than the SD, which in turn, is considerably more slanted than the class standard Freightliner M2:

freightliner-m2-106-03.jpg

I think any new MD cab will look more like the established leader in the class, for the very obvious reason that this provides superior forward visibility.

I would have to agree. I never realized the Transit windshield angle was as flat as it is.

I am happy ford is finally merging the F150 and the Super Duty. it has been a long time coming.

The next question is when or if they make the Transit's Cab the cab for their heavy Duty trucks.

There is more utility with the interior packaging of the transit in cab and cutaway uses than in the Super Duty, opening up the possibility of a double Cab Version along with other variants for the heavy Duty Segment.

6235939.jpg

Then next question is how soon can Ford design a real American van and get these Euro-ugly ass eyesores off our roads.

The Econoline was in service for 40 years with few upgrades, this Transit won't match that and hopefully will "Transit-ion" to something better fast.

• Like 2

Got a few shots on the way to Ann Arbor last night.

Remember that Silver truck is a one off hand built truck.

The hood doesn't look as flat in your pics, but it could just be the padding under the camo throwing it off.

Is it just me, or do the bed sides not look tall enough?

Agreed! It needs to come up a bit to the bottom of the windows on the back door.

Biker, maybe in lighter GVWs, but I doubt theres anything they could do to the transit to get it to the over 19000 lb gvws of the 550 chassis

Dean, the chassis is separate from the Cab today. using the transit greenhouse (uniboby Cab) upon a New 550 chassis would be an improvement over the current P/U truck based cab, better visibility and greater economies of Scale of components.

Then next question is how soon can Ford design a real American van and get these Euro-ugly ass eyesores off our roads.

The Econoline was in service for 40 years with few upgrades, this Transit won't match that and hopefully will "Transit-ion" to something better fast.

what are you talking about? have you read a review of the transit.

It is the BEST full sized Van on the Market.

Dean, the chassis is separate from the Cab today. using the transit greenhouse (uniboby Cab) upon a New 550 chassis would be an improvement over the current P/U truck based cab, better visibility and greater economies of Scale of components.

what are you talking about? have you read a review of the transit.

It is the BEST full sized Van on the Market.

Thought I was clear, I'm talking about it being ugly.

It's a work van. No one cares about look. It's all about function and cost of operation. Maybe 1% of these are going to be sold retail.

And how much extra does it cost to stamp good looking metal vs fugly metal? Nothing.

If you're going to put your company name on the grille should at least make it look decent.

And how much extra does it cost to stamp good looking metal vs fugly metal? Nothing.

If you're going to put your company name on the grille should at least make it look decent.

Beauty is in the eye of the buyer. Ford will sell far more Transits going forward than they would have sold E-series.

As i found out last week, anything and anyone can be made redundant in a heartbeat.

Very few things in the world are irreplaceable, the exceptions being friends, family and loved ones.

If you want an E-Series, then go buy one now while some are still available

otherwise embrace the brave bold new future with both arms.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

I think it looks great, and I think it should share more body and interior parts with the F-150.

It's so awesome being able to go to a junkyard and pull pieces from an f-1/2/350 and slap em on my Bronco.

Not everything is the same of course, but a decent amount. Really useful once stuff has long been discontinued by Ford.

As i found out last week, anything and anyone can be made redundant in a heartbeat.

Very few things in the world are irreplaceable, the exceptions being friends, family and loved ones.

If you want an E-Series, then go buy one now while some are still available

otherwise embrace the brave bold new future with both arms.

I didn't but my father-in-law just bought a new E-450 motor home. Great big 29ft V10 powered rolling vacation cottage.

• Like 2