Ford Bronco will ride again, says CEO Mark Fields at Detroit auto show

Ditto (shocking I know)

You must be one of those law abiding citizens then too.

Heck, we even let our insurance company put one of those devices that tracks speed, location, miles driven, lateral acceleration, etc. in each of our vehicles. Saved us something like 20% on our insurance. Funny thing is, our insurance agent did the same and his insurance stayed the same (it said he was an average driver) while his wife's went down 20% since she was a safe driver. :D

I still stand by my thoughts that a Bronco program is not viable (nor practical for buyers) without a 4-door model. I know personally I wouldn't be interested in one unless 4-doors were available.

And I'm not saying there isn't a 4 door option. All I'm saying is that the pictures and discussions were of the 2 Door production model and I have no info on a 4 Door option.

I completely agree that they should have a 4 Door option if they really want to attempt to take some of the customer base from Jeep.

And I'm not saying there isn't a 4 door option. All I'm saying is that the pictures and discussions were of the 2 Door production model and I have no info on a 4 Door option.

I completely agree that they should have a 4 Door option if they really want to attempt to take some of the customer base from Jeep.

There is a 4 door option, and I have that on very good authority.

You must be one of those law abiding citizens then too.

Heck, we even let our insurance company put one of those devices that tracks speed, location, miles driven, lateral acceleration, etc. in each of our vehicles. Saved us something like 20% on our insurance. Funny thing is, our insurance agent did the same and his insurance stayed the same (it said he was an average driver) while his wife's went down 20% since she was a safe driver. :D

LOL, I did the same thing with my insurance. I got 20 - 22% off my vehicles.. boy was I pissed when I had to slam on my brakes twice because of the A-hole in front of me not giving me warning... Would have been close to 30% off.

Back to the Bronco lol....

• Like 1

Wasn't there some talk a few months ago about a third product along with the Ranger and Bronco or is that my imagination?

I could imagine a four door tophat that could compete with the 4Runner would make sense. It would certainly be somewhat in competition with the Expedition, but that same argument can be made for the Ranger vs. F Series.

Do they still offer a manual on the Wrangler? That would be a decent indicator of whether offering a manual would be worthwhile.

Being that it will be based on the global Ranger platform, I'm sure manual transmission capability is designed in.

Do they still offer a manual on the Wrangler? That would be a decent indicator of whether offering a manual would be worthwhile.

Being that it will be based on the global Ranger platform, I'm sure manual transmission capability is designed in.

The real issue is additional costs for CAFE and Emissions...manual is an additional expense with low market share

Why would they count a 2 and 4 door version of the same car a different model?

Same with Focus or a ST. or Cmax and Cmax Energi and even BEV are all unique models we make at MAP. Not just a focus and Cmax. Old Explorer sport, Explorer and Explorer Sport Trac were all unique models also. Even if they were all Explorers. :)

If that is the only way I can get a 2.7EB and 10-speed auto I would be highly in favor of a Ranger Raptor or Raptor Ranger or whatever they decide to call it. ;)

I heard it's going to be called the Velociraptor ! ;)

(I know it's a hollywood made up creature with characteristics of other dinosaurs)

(I know it's a hollywood made up creature with characteristics of other dinosaurs)

Velociraptors were real, they just weren't as big (or, theoretically, featherless) as the Jurassic Park versions--but who's going to be terrified of dinosaurs the size of big turkeys? Aside from the residents of South Park, that is...

ustv-south-park-turkeys.jpg

• Like 1

Didn't Hennessey already use that name on one their hopped up Raptors? :ohsnap:

Is it possible the third vehicle is simply the Everest for foreign markets? BTW, that same vehicle is called Endeavour in India.

I think a 4-door is a given, but a 2-Door is up for debate. I think a removable top is a must but the execution will be interesting. The main reason I want a Wrangler as my 'summer toy' is because it's a convertible. So if Ford can produce a more polished Wrangler that looks as bad-ass and iconic as a Wrangler (and not a box on roller-skates like the original Bronco), then I'll be thrilled.

• Like 1