2021 Mustang on CD6

I dont think theres a snowballs chance in hell of a v-8 in any car or SUV - Ford or Lincoln - other than the Mustang from here forward. I dont see any new V-8s being developed either. - just more improvements to the Coyote for the Mustang/F 150.

theres the 7x engine about to start production next year for HD trucks

3.0 HEV may be the engine of Mach 1. And the 3.3 HEV some unique engine for some Lincoln variant. I don't think Ford can take back the decision to make Lincoln as big and relevant as Audi.

Radical, the Mach 1 is a BEV, there will be no hybrid version. To answer another question you asked earlier in the thread, "E1" is a moniker that bzcat gave to the EV chassis so we have a way to refer to it. It's not 'official' Ford nomenclature.

• Like 1

Radical, the Mach 1 is a BEV, there will be no hybrid version. To answer another question you asked earlier in the thread, "E1" is a moniker that bzcat gave to the EV chassis so we have a way to refer to it. It's not 'official' Ford nomenclature.

interesting not to find any engine described as "BEV" on the paper that is pages behind. Only the "HEV", which must be "hybrid electric vehicle". Should be produced in china, perhaps, beacuse there is the largest demand of electrics in the world! What do you think, huh?

interesting not to find any engine described as "BEV" on the paper that is pages behind. Only the "HEV", which must be "hybrid electric vehicle". Should be produced in china, perhaps, beacuse there is the largest demand of electrics in the world! What do you think, huh?

If you mean in China, for China then yes. The days of building in the US and shipping to China I feel are numbered based on some of the stuff the Chinese government is doing regarding imports.

So next-gen Edge will appear larger and weigh more? Because Alpha Camaro is an evolutionary design versus previous gen Camaro but appears smaller and weighs less.

Im talking strictly styling. Its a clear evolution from the 2019 but unlike the Alpha Camaro it doesnt look a ton like what its replacing. I dont know if Im in the minority or not but I think the Alpha Camaro looks almost identical to what it replaced.

I know nothing about drivetrain and dimensions.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Im talking strictly styling. Its a clear evolution from the 2019 but unlike the Alpha Camaro it doesnt look a ton like what its replacing. I dont know if Im in the minority or not but I think the Alpha Camaro looks almost identical to what it replaced.

I know nothing about drivetrain and dimensions.

It’s very difficult to tell the old one from the new one unless they’re side by side. But the new one has better proportions.

So the next Edge/Nautilus will actually be rear drive/4x4? Kinda surprises me considering that it was a success as FWD/AWD. This could potentially mean that next Fusion goes CD6 too or just stretched next Focus. Do you know of any timetable of when next Edge/Nautilus will be as far as CD6? I'm really looking forward to this architecture now and just wait for the day they announce it with details and such. Wow!! :)

So the next Edge/Nautilus will actually be rear drive/4x4? Kinda surprises me considering that it was a success as FWD/AWD. This could potentially mean that next Fusion goes CD6 too or just stretched next Focus. Do you know of any timetable of when next Edge/Nautilus will be as far as CD6? I'm really looking forward to this architecture now and just wait for the day they announce it with details and such. Wow!! :)

Like I said, I know nothing of powertrain or dimensions but it sounds as if its stayin FWD/AWD.

2021 ;)

• Like 1

And yet an enhanced 7.0 liter version of the 6.2 was used in racing as part of the 777 program (7 liters, 7,000 rpm, 700 hp.)

IIRC, the 777 was a "one off" and only ran a few passes at a drag strip.

Last I knew, the 777 was resting comfortably on a dolly in the lobby of one of the Ford engineering buildings.

• Like 1

The thing is they won't be using the same platform-The crash cell is completely different for a coupe vs four door SUV.

What will be shared is this:

Front/rear end suspensions

powertrains

Harnesses

The Mustang will share its "platform" with the MKZ and Continental. The CUV platform will be different.

I don't now how a FWD and RWD implementation of the CD6 can use the exact same front suspension !

All I have to say is it better be a great architecture with so many well respected models riding on it. I consider it an appropriate step forward but they had better execute it effectively, or dare I say flawlessly.

Agree 100 % !

About 30 years a go, I worked with a fellow engineer at Ford who went on to design the the suspension on the first Ford GT (not the GT40). At a lunch table conversation one day, he said the big difference between EU cars and and US cars that made them ride and drive better was suspension travel.

Most US vehicles have only about 6" of total travel (before hitting the bump stops) while EU vehicles have at least 8" of total travel. Suspension travel is good for sedans, sports cars and trucks (look at the Raptor).