Lincoln Aviator concept at NYIAS to be shown 3-28-18

I really think Lincoln just needs a top of the line large sedan and Mustang based Grand Tourer. Everything else can be SUV/CUV. It sucks because I love cars but I am coming to realize I am in the minority. Consumers have spoken.

I know-but I've embraced it. Driving the wife's Escape made me realize that there really isn't that much difference between a CUV and Sedan-not to mention my daily driver is basically a sedan CUV LOL

• Like 1

Ford referring to their platforms as architectures is mostly semantics, they are not flexible platforms in the same sense as the new ones we see from VW, Toyota, and MB. Ford has been openly skeptical of the flexible platform strategy so this appears to be mostly a tweaking of the traditional shared platform strategy. Each platform is specifically engineered and locked down to their specific vehicle application but can be more cheaply modified for related products. This doesn't mean we have one platform that scales affordably to everything under the sun.

CD6 has incredible range and capabilities. I'd ask for your sourcing, but I know the answer...

• Like 5

I really think Lincoln just needs a top of the line large sedan and Mustang based Grand Tourer. Everything else can be SUV/CUV. It sucks because I love cars but I am coming to realize I am in the minority. Consumers have spoken.

Maybe when the Mustang is CD6, Lincoln can do a hybrid or electric sportscar. A sporting S550 would be impossible today.

• Like 1

Lincoln, today, making a sporting derivative of the S550 Mustang, people will simply call it the Mustang Gourmet! Involving the CD6 modular platform, it will not have any more, since it is a generalist architecture and greater than many of the competition

I'll let you know how it looks at the press conference. :)

post-6726-0-64104500-1521226826.png

I’ll be there as well, been going for many years on press days and seen lots of great debuts over the years, and some dull ones too! Lincoln has been nailing it these past years and pretty much has been the excitement at the show at times.

Years back, the amount of free press material I would haul away with was awesome, now one is lucky to get anything as it’s all digital.at least the food and drink is still to be found...lol

Hey did you notice the World Car Awards is on wed this year rather than Thur? The new Fiesta is nominated , I’m hoping one is there to inspect since here in the US we won’t be getting it. One year many years ago the Mondeo was nominated and they had one there to see...this was before our Fusion joined up with the next Mondeo.

• Like 1

There are less than two days before we know the seventh car to integrate the LINCOLN portfolio. I don't think Lincoln's ever had more than six cars in his portfolio. Another unprecedented moment! I hope that everything happens well, because it is an old mark that deserves relevance. I'm in the crowd

There are less than two days before we know the seventh car to integrate the LINCOLN portfolio. I don't think Lincoln's ever had more than six cars in his portfolio. Another unprecedented moment! I hope that everything happens well, because it is an old mark that deserves relevance. I'm in the crowd

Well hopefully it will be more then just a pretty face. Range Rover has a plug in hybrid with @30 mile electric range. Lincoln needs this if they really want to make a statement.

Well hopefully it will be more then just a pretty face. Range Rover has a plug in hybrid with @30 mile electric range. Lincoln needs this if they really want to make a statement.

To a person who is into that it will matter, but for those who are not into hybrids it wont. I get your point though.