Lincoln Continental most likely dead in 2020 for North America

Theres a lot wrong in that article too.

They build 420 total cars per SHIFT, not per week. Dunno who that guys sources are but they are wrong, and he clearly didnt read what he linked to on this very forum.

This is also the same guy who said the continental should have looked like the 2002 concept so his credibility is shot in my opinion.

I understand that there is a portion of the fault of the SUV domain. But the Continental has always been criticized for using the Fusion platform and being a front-wheel drive model. That's a problem with resurrected names. There will always be collection and comparison with the old model whose name was original

I understand that there is a portion of the fault of the SUV domain. But the Continental has always been criticized for using the Fusion platform and being a front-wheel drive model. That's a problem with resurrected names. There will always be collection and comparison with the old model whose name was original

The previous gen Continental was based on the FWD Taurus platform.

• Like 2

https://jalopnik.com/the-lincoln-continental-is-probably-dead-by-2020-1828811167/amp

Looks like Flat Rock will be building the Transit Connect to fix the chicken tax issues with it and to convert it into an AV vehicle also.

Continental ooks like it will continue in China though.

Is the new addition for the AV vehicle or the Mach One/Model E?

I feel bad about the Continental ! It never got a fair shot. Sandwiched between the MKZ and the MKS and very little advertising.

Just out of curiosity, how do the interior specs line up with those 3 vehicles ? Continental should have the best rear seat leg room.

How was it sandwiched between MKZ and MKS when it replaced MKS?

It's not acknowledged but the Continental is also VERY low to the ground. They got space out of the MKZ platform by lowering everything in the cab. CD4 is a nice LONG platform, lots of legroom, but everything bolted to it has a low ceiling as well. Continental is notorious for it's cramped ceiling height in the rear, MKZ is much worse however. To me the MKZ is barely an adult 4-seater the ceiling is so low.

To me, the Continental and MKZ epitomize the reasons why sedans died, they sucked the utility and comfort out to suit a sleek profile despite sharing the same platform, price, and performance with their VASTLY more flexible utilities. I really think the automotive form factor is just fixing a trend that ignored the human occupants.

Edited by Assimilator

It's not acknowledged but the Continental is also VERY low to the ground. They got space out of the MKZ platform by lowering everything in the cab. CD4 is a nice LONG platform, lots of legroom, but everything bolted to it has a low ceiling as well. Continental is notorious for it's cramped ceiling height in the rear, MKZ is much worse however. To me the MKZ is barely an adult 4-seater the ceiling is so low.

To me, the Continental and MKZ represent the reason why sedans died, they sucked the utility and comfort out to suit a sleek profile despite sharing the same platform, price, and performance with their VASTLY more flexible and comfortable utilities.

And everyone complained when they had less sleek profiles that they weren't stylish.

To me, the Continental and MKZ epitomize the reasons why sedans died, they sucked the utility and comfort out to suit a sleek profile despite sharing the same platform, price, and performance with their VASTLY more flexible utilities. I really think the automotive form factor is just fixing a trend that ignored the human occupants.

Ass, I am sorry if you suffer from a medical condition or ailment that makes you unable to find comfort in anything but a frumpy utility vehicle. However, to say that the comfort was sucked out of a Continental is an asinine and ridiculous statement.

• Like 1

Ass, I am sorry if you suffer from a medical condition or ailment that makes you unable to find comfort in anything but a frumpy utility vehicle. However, to say that the comfort was sucked out of a Continental is an asinine and ridiculous statement.

He has some serious self deprecation issues going on and often runs his mouth to everyone's annoyance-best to just ignore him till he has a hissy fit and leaves again. He did it once before

Like Mach 1

Just my opinion but I doubt that RWD would have made a shred of difference to Continental's sales or appeal.

Try as they may, Cadillac developed the CT6 with all the fanfare of mixed construction and styling but still bombed in sales.

Making these vehicles better is no guarantee that sales will increase and could in fact fall further if buyers keep changing to utilities.

• Like 1