None

rperez817

Mustang Mach-E is 2021 North American Utility of the Year

Congratulations Ford! Two out of three is not bad, especially when Ford doesn't even compete anymore in that segment. Hope you get your new grabber blue Mach E soon rperez.

Good solid efforts for MACH E and F-150... let's hope Ford keeps up this level of product development mojo for the rest of the line up.

1 hour ago, 1984Poke said:

The face of that Hyundai Elantra is ugly.  Ick.

I've unfortunately seen a couple in person, it's not any better in person....

9 hours ago, 1984Poke said:

The face of that Hyundai Elantra is ugly.  Ick.

The f150 is just as bad......

To some degree, I'm with snooter.  The headlights are just messed up.  The rest of the vehicle is great.

2 hours ago, snooter said:

Yes sir snooter. It's interesting that among the 3 winners, Mustang Mach-E is easily the best looking.

Fortunately drivers of both 2021 F-150 and 2021 Elantra won't have to look at the front end of their vehicle often. Both of these models have interiors that are notably improved from their predecessors, which is 1 reason that they won the awards.

34 minutes ago, buddysystem said:

To some degree, I'm with snooter.  The headlights are just messed up.  The rest of the vehicle is great.

its just "different" looking then what we are expected to see with the F-150. I'm indifferent to the looks...its not a huge improvement over what it was, but its far from ugly. 

Like most trucks/cars that have came out over the past few years...photos don't do they justice at all. Just using the Bronco Sport as an example...it looked ok in photos, but in person it looks FAR better. 

12 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

its just "different" looking then what we are expected to see with the F-150. I'm indifferent to the looks...its not a huge improvement over what it was, but its far from ugly. 

I like the Lariet front better than the rest. Oh, except for the Tremor, which will be out later.

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

For 2021 F-150 and 2021 Elantra, only the front fascia is ugly. Otherwise, both models look modern and fresh. Form and function go together well for both too.

48 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

For 2021 F-150 and 2021 Elantra, only the front fascia is ugly. Otherwise, both models look modern and fresh. Form and function go together well for both too.

The Elantra is hideous in person.  Way too many unnecessary creases and lines just for the sake of having them.

On 1/12/2021 at 11:57 AM, rmc523 said:

The Elantra is hideous in person.  Way too many unnecessary creases and lines just for the sake of having them.

That seems to be a calling card of Asian car design in general lately. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

On 1/12/2021 at 4:13 AM, snooter said:

Disagree - Ford F150 is Pickup Truck handsome. 

Chevy, albeit it a fine truck, is the one that is way over-styled.

Edited by Kev-Mo

I don’t particularly care for the grille on most of the trims on the f150. The chrome surround looks too much like an oval. Then there is the interior oval shape in black. I don’t think that shape goes well with the boxy shape of the truck.

2021-ford-f-150-grille-designs.jpg

the lariat doesn’t have that trim and looks much better in my opinion.

2021-ford-f-150-grille-designs.jpg
and then the tremor grille looks the best.

2021-ford-f-150-tremor-front.webp

double post

Edited by T-dubz

37 minutes ago, Kev-Mo said:

Disagree - Ford F150 is Pickup Truck handsome. 

Chevy, albeit it a fine truck, is the one that is way over-styled.

That's been my take on it too.  The Chevy has too many disjointed lines going nowhere.

I wasn't crazy about the 2015-17 grille.  I loved the 2018-20 grille which is why I bought one.  The new one looks just fine.  I assume most are interchangeable and easy to swap.

45 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

That's been my take on it too.  The Chevy has too many disjointed lines going nowhere.

Every time I see a new Silvererra, I like it for about 5 seconds and then it just looks terrible.  Then again I've preferred Ford truck styling over Chevys since the late 70s.

I like the new gen and previous gen F150 grilles.  15-17 wasn't bad, but not my favorite.

I've actually grown to like the exterior looks of the Chevy/GMC.  Interior of the Chevy is unforgivable however.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Every time I see a new Silvererra, I like it for about 5 seconds and then it just looks terrible.  Then again I've preferred Ford truck styling over Chevys since the late 70s.

I like the trail boss trim, probably because the front is black and hides most of what’s going on up there. The rest are pretty bad.