2022 Ford Expedition News

8 hours ago, MichaelG said:

What are people guesses on:

• End of 2021MY production
  • Release of 2022 Order Guide
  • Start of 2022MY production

I am looking to buy and I usually buy a 2-3yr old vehicle, but used prices are high so thinking new.

My guess:

Reveal - July/August

22 Order Banks/order guide - after reveal 

21 order banks close - september

End of 21 production - October

22 production start - october/November

22 rollout - january

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, joseodiaga4 said:

I'

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Just put the Powerboost in it and it will sell like hotcakes. Not sure there is a need/want for a nearly 3 ton ST model.

Edited by jcartwright99
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I'

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Just put the Powerboost in it and it will sell like hotcakes. Not sure there is a need/want for a nearly 3 ton ST model.

Maybe the Powerboost will be what is in the ST with a slightly higher tune.

Just like the Explorer ST and Platinum have the 3.0 but the ST has a little more powerful tune.

These should be on sale in March, I imagine, as JOB 1 was mid-January last time I checked. Know someone working on these since 2019, but can only wonder how far along Ford is on the next generation TE1 basis and if that will be the only version going forward and no ICE Expy or Navi for 2025?

Ford ditches T3 I guess and maybe sticks to TE1 for this, but what does replace T3 after two generations on F-Series? That would have to be by 2026, so it won't be discussed yet.

I would think the full redesigned model would be on a modified version of the f150 hybrids chassis since it incorporates irs and low center of gravity.  I would assume for the mid cycle, the powerboost will be an option on ltd(maybe on xlt?) and std on platinum trims, the timberline trim will be added and the 15in screen will be the centerpiece of the interior.

Edited by Dlcorbett

13 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

I would think the full redesigned model would be on a modified version of the f150 hybrids chassis since it incorporates irs and low center of gravity.  I would assume for the mid cycle, the powerboost will be an option on ltd(maybe on xlt?) and std on platinum trims, the timberline trim will be added and the 15in screen will be the centerpiece of the interior.

A full hybrid Expedition that gets around 26 mpg combined will really be a game changer for that segment. And offer it with XLT trim, not just the highest trims that cost $80,000+. 

Now to me the problem with a BEV Expedition/F150 is it will not fit in most standard garages. Running cords out into the driveway is not cool. No way would an Expedition fit in my garage. Explorer is big as I could go, and that would be tight.

Unfortunately, how the f150 xlt hybrid is priced and by how much the price penalty for an expy over a comparable f150 has been historically, I kind of expect a fully hybrid expy(most likely in max form to better hold the battery) in xlt trim will def be around $80k, with the fully loaded versions eclipsing $100k adjusting for inflation over the next 4 yrs.

15 minutes ago, Dlcorbett said:

Unfortunately, how the f150 xlt hybrid is priced and by how much the price penalty for an expy over a comparable f150 has been historically, I kind of expect a fully hybrid expy(most likely in max form to better hold the battery) in xlt trim will def be around $80k, with the fully loaded versions eclipsing $100k adjusting for inflation over the next 4 yrs.

I wouldn't bother trying to adjust for inflation. It's going to be wild for the next several years. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Dlcorbett said:

Nice. This means Expy will probably around the corner as well.

Powerboost is pretty much a given for both. However, wondering if the Lincoln will get a plug in option or a more powerful Powerboost tune?