Next Gen Mustang Thread

That's a light reflection, not a chrome surround.

On second thought though I think that might be an Ecoboost performance pack. I was trying to figure out initially if the fender emblem said 4.3 or 7.3. 4.3 obviously wouldn't make sense unless there's an engine in development we don't know about, while I don't think the Godzilla would be replacing the 5.0 in the GT either. After more thinking I think it says 2.3 so probably an EcoBoost performance pack like the current EcoBoost high output version.

19 minutes ago, Jroc26 said:

That's a light reflection, not a chrome surround.

On second thought though I think that might be an Ecoboost performance pack. I was trying to figure out initially if the fender emblem said 4.3 or 7.3. 4.3 obviously wouldn't make sense unless there's an engine in development we don't know about, while I don't think the Godzilla would be replacing the 5.0 in the GT either. After more thinking I think it says 2.3 so probably an EcoBoost performance pack like the current EcoBoost high output version.

Still looks terrible from that low res photo IMO

The badge on the side is impossible to tell what exactly its show when you zoom into it. For all you know it might be a GT badge lol

20 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Still looks terrible from that low res photo IMO

The badge on the side is impossible to tell what exactly its show when you zoom into it. For all you know it might be a GT badge lol

Could be but I don't think so.

Either way, it doesn't look like it is going to be a cohesive design, the front is all straight lines while the greenhouse looks to be carryover from the S550, and therefore curvy with no straight lines. 

Based on the current interior leaks and front end leaks there's a 0% chance any variant of this car would get me out of my 2021 GT500.

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

That looks terrible! Why the chrome surround around a black grill?!?

As pointed out, it's a silver car, I think we're just seeing lighting/reflections of a flat part of silver painted area around the grille that gives the illusion of chrome in this particular photo/color.

4 hours ago, Jroc26 said:

Base looks terrible, GT shows a bit of promise though.

124BEA36-B325-4315-AAA0-3603ED5DE1DE.jpeg

2024-Ford-Mustang-S650-Prototype-Front-Fascia-Leak-April-2022-1024x691.jpeg

Someone else pointed out the same thought I had - the rest of the body (or at least silhouette) is seemingly largely carryover, which was very sleek/svelte/curvy and gorgeous looking from '15-now ('18 front end aside), and now we're going to have that sleek/svelte body along with this blocky/squared off front end and squared off design elements?

I'll reserve judgement until we see the full thing, but like the interior shot, I'm not sold yet.

To rephrase, I think the front looks ok on its own (though I don't love it based on this base model), but I question how it'll mesh with the rest of the body.

11 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

The new system will most likely still be called Sync; Sync has already operated on both Microsoft, and QNX operating systems but the name never changed.  Probably be Sync 5

sorry I shoulda said bye bye ford designed sync?  It will be android sync.  I hope it works great! 

I think it's hard to judge both of these photos.  The proportion of the vehicle in both images seem a little distorted, especially the silver one (photo of a photo, taken at an angle).  The black one has the hood open, so it's also making the front appear a little taller than it probably would be otherwise.

But yeah, definitely an evolution.  I was really hoping for something more revolutionary.  It kind of takes me back to 2005 a little bit, minus the fog lamps.

Edited by mustang84isu

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Remember when I told people those pics were deceiving and nobody listened? Same thing will happen with this. 

Good analogy, we’ve seen how a basically good design can be torpedoed by crappy photo angles, the same is happening here with Mustang.

12 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I don't mind the base model, but the GT or whatever that silver car is has me worried-the grill/grill insert is screaming 1999-2004 Mustang redesign, which I think was the weakest/worst styling on the Mustang in the past 40 year or so.

To each their own…

FAA9352C-58E1-43D3-B673-BD0957795BAF.jpeg

193B228F-474B-45D2-9FA9-D102DAE4C8EA.jpeg

Edited by 02MustangGT
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, silvrsvt said:
11 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I don't mind the base model, but the GT or whatever that silver car is has me worried-the grill/grill insert is screaming 1999-2004 Mustang redesign, which I think was the weakest/worst styling on the Mustang in the past 40 year or so.

It kinda gives me focus RS vibes. With the more prominent lines surrounding the grill, and having a lower portion of the grill being broken up by a contrasting black trim piece. I can understand why you don't like it, it is on the verge on being too agressive. But I think it's pretty cool looking. I like how that trim piece could also been seen as a nod to the gt500. I also like how the actual size of the grill opening itself is still pretty restrained. It's almost too over the top, but the designers pulled back just enough to make it work imo.  

On 4/15/2022 at 7:25 AM, silvrsvt said:

that is subjective opinion. I owned a new 2004 GT and loved it and got many compliments on it after the 2015s came out. BTW I own a 2020 now and like the looks of it as well. I think whatever they do is long is it looks halfway decent it will sell since there won't really be any competition left then.

Edited by Tico