Ford Sales February 2024 - Up 10.5% Overall

Wow on Nautilus sales. The surge was a combination, I think, of incentives to clear out the 2023 stock and the arrival of the 2024s. I did my bit to help...

Edited by Gurgeh
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Here are the color charts.   I've never seen a sales thread without any replies!

image.png

Ranger sales and gross stock both at zero. There were 303 Rangers sold last month, so that leaves, 5485 in transit (5515 produced Jan-Feb)? Commodity hold?  

1 hour ago, Dequindre said:

It's crazy to think that Ford considered not selling the next generation Nautlius here. Lincoln sales could really take-off if Ford gave it some love and attention. 

I thought it was a dumb move when they cancelled it in the first place. Seems like it was the plan to import all along 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Bronco Sales are starting to dry up, guess the gotta have its got it and with high interest rates and prices going up, demand is starting to fall. I see plenty of stock on the lots these days. 

I also think they have gotten carried away with pricing, which has impacted sales.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

I thought it was a dumb move when they cancelled it in the first place. Seems like it was the plan to import all along 

Ford Motor should be an absolute license to print money, how stupid do you have to be to foul that up?

Why didn’t they just get China to pay for most of the development for C2 Edge/Nautilus and then,

just do a nice fastback version of the Edge for North America……..

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 3

The more I think about it, the more I think that February (and probably March) Nautilus sales might end up being outliers. In addition to the dual impact of great deals on remaining 2023 stock and the arrival of the all-new 2024s with their initial hype, there's the fact that there was a substantial backlog of factory orders for the new Nautilus (some, like mine, going back to months before production even began) that are all arriving in a bunch. I do think this product will have legs if Lincoln promotes it well. It is absolutely stunning, the interior is like no other vehicle on the road, and it drives like a dream (especially the hybrid). I'm losing track of the number of people who I see peering at it in parking lots or who come up to me and ask me about it. The smartest thing Lincoln did in packaging the vehicle was including a ton load of standard features, making the lower more affordable trims highly desirable, and then making the hybrid option an affordable stand-alone that can be gotten with any other trim or package. It might not be until April or June until we see if these kinds of sales have legs -- and if Lincoln will be able to respond quickly enough to demand if it stays high, given the long transportation delay.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

The more I think about it, the more I think that February (and probably March) Nautilus sales might end up being outliers. In addition to the dual impact of great deals on remaining 2023 stock and the arrival of the all-new 2024s with their initial hype, there's the fact that there was a substantial backlog of factory orders for the new Nautilus (some, like mine, going back to months before production even began) that are all arriving in a bunch. I do think this product will have legs if Lincoln promotes it well. It is absolutely stunning, the interior is like no other vehicle on the road, and it drives like a dream (especially the hybrid). I'm losing track of the number of people who I see peering at it in parking lots or who come up to me and ask me about it. The smartest thing Lincoln did in packaging the vehicle was including a ton load of standard features, making the lower more affordable trims highly desirable, and then making the hybrid option an affordable stand-alone that can be gotten with any other trim or package. It might not be until April or June until we see if these kinds of sales have legs -- and if Lincoln will be able to respond quickly enough to demand if it stays high, given the long transportation delay.

Lincoln is running TV spots for the 2024 Lincoln Nautilus constantly on the free Pluto TV streaming platform. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ice-capades said:

Lincoln is running TV spots for the 2024 Lincoln Nautilus constantly on the free Pluto TV streaming platform. 

...and the press embargo gets lifted next Thursday. But yikes, with a 3+ month logistics chain needed to get new product from China, if the demand is strong will Ford be nimble enough to respond to it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twintornados said:

Ranger sales....ugghhh

Best 🤦 Facepalm GIFs - find & share on Gifer

What sales? Are dealers still able to order them? I wonder if Ford is trying to kill it off to retool for a BEV/Hybrid Bronco or Everest.

2 minutes ago, Chrisgb said:

What sales? Are dealers still able to order them? I wonder if Ford is trying to kill it off to retool for a BEV/Hybrid Bronco or Everest.

That makes no sense...2023 are gone and 2024 most likely is being held for QC

12 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Bronco Sales are starting to dry up, guess the gotta have its got it and with high interest rates and prices going up, demand is starting to fall. I see plenty of stock on the lots these days. 

I wonder if this is the reason they finally started exporting to more markets. 

3 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

That makes no sense...2023 are gone and 2024 most likely is being held for QC

If that's the case, it must be something unique to Ranger, because they are shipping Broncos, faster than they are being sold. There are some 5,000 or more Rangers sitting somewhere, and I'd be curious to know what dealers are telling their customers who have inquired about or ordered one. If Ford is starting to do this as business as usual, as I gather from other BOF posts, they should incorporate a buffer time spent analyzing the Job 2 vehicles in the official release date. Ranger is dwarfed by F-150 holds, those being sent to purgatory for an unknown period of time for unknown reasons.

1 hour ago, Chrisgb said:

If that's the case, it must be something unique to Ranger, because they are shipping Broncos, faster than they are being sold. There are some 5,000 or more Rangers sitting somewhere, and I'd be curious to know what dealers are telling their customers who have inquired about or ordered one. If Ford is starting to do this as business as usual, as I gather from other BOF posts, they should incorporate a buffer time spent analyzing the Job 2 vehicles in the official release date. Ranger is dwarfed by F-150 holds, those being sent to purgatory for an unknown period of time for unknown reasons.

It’s a new vehicle launch that was delayed significantly by the strike and they’re being held for either a parts issue and/or a quality issue(s).  Bronco is not new, Ranger is.  Stop with all the conspiracy theories.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, akirby said:

It’s a new vehicle launch that was delayed significantly by the strike and they’re being held for either a parts issue and/or a quality issue(s).  Bronco is not new, Ranger is.  Stop with all the conspiracy theories.

I'm interpreting the Ranger hold as a quality hold prior to a shipping release and evidence that Ford is finally addressing the quality issues seriously so that vehicles shipped are delivery-ready and not subject to the cost of Dealer performed repairs.    

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

And on the Ford side,
Last month, Edge had 13,300 sales, a well aged vehicle due for replacement,

I find it so strange that Ford is now more than happy to throw that away…

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I think pricing has a lot to do with it - my same trim and options on Ford build and price is listed at $70,275!!! and that's before taxes, etc.  Mine 2 years ago almost to the day was $62k out the door including extended warranty.  And nothing has been added to justify that extra cost - maybe the Hoss3.0, but that is NOT worth an extra $8k before taxes and additions.......just insane.  I'd have had to downgrade a trim or two if I was purchasing now.

5 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

Yeah, I'm sure the numbers will drop back to "normal" figures, but it's nice to see the model seemingly gain some traction - Lincoln could use some positive momentum, especially with a dry upcoming pipeline aside from the warmed-over Aviator and new Navigator.

4 hours ago, Gurgeh said:

...and the press embargo gets lifted next Thursday. But yikes, with a 3+ month logistics chain needed to get new product from China, if the demand is strong will Ford be nimble enough to respond to it?

I saw one on the road the other day, it looks fantastic - so odd that a press embargo would be lifted well after the vehicle went on sale to the public.

7 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

And on the Ford side,
Last month, Edge had 13,300 sales, a well aged vehicle due for replacement,

I find it so strange that Ford is now more than happy to throw that away…

It truly doesn't make sense...

• Like 4

12 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Ford Motor should be an absolute license to print money, how stupid do you have to be to foul that up?

Why didn’t they just get China to pay for most of the development for C2 Edge/Nautilus and then,

just do a nice fastback version of the Edge for North America……..

Jim Farley sees no use for the commodity Edge. Thankfully Ford sees the value of continuing Nautilus albeit an import. 

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I think pricing has a lot to do with it - my same trim and options on Ford build and price is listed at $70,275!!! and that's before taxes, etc.  Mine 2 years ago almost to the day was $62k out the door including extended warranty.  And nothing has been added to justify that extra cost - maybe the Hoss3.0, but that is NOT worth an extra $8k before taxes and additions.......just insane.  I'd have had to downgrade a trim or two if I was purchasing now.

Yeah, I'm sure the numbers will drop back to "normal" figures, but it's nice to see the model seemingly gain some traction - Lincoln could use some positive momentum, especially with a dry upcoming pipeline aside from the warmed-over Aviator and new Navigator.

I saw one on the road the other day, it looks fantastic - so odd that a press embargo would be lifted well after the vehicle went on sale to the public.

It truly doesn't make sense...

The only reason the Edge is selling so well is because it’s on its way out and we will be done building them soon. Maybe dealers are just stocking up on them knowing they will be obselete soon. We all know Edge Nautilus would’ve done just fine if they had made them Hybrid and redesigned them here. EV is the future, right?

• Like 1