2025 Ford Mustang Mach-E Spied

2 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Different bumper...not sure what else has changed on it. Hopefully maybe a move to a 800V system so it can charge faster. 

maybe the headlights a bit?

On the other hand, Why there isn't a Lincoln version?

• ice-capades changed the title to 2025 Ford Mustang Mach-E Spied
57 minutes ago, joseodiaga4 said:

maybe the headlights a bit?

On the other hand, Why there isn't a Lincoln version?

Borg reported that they were going to do a Lincoln version, but it was canned.

24 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Hard to keep track these days of all the Lincoln things that have been canned.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah but why? 
it makes no sense,

most of the luxury brands have a vehicle in that segment

Edited by joseodiaga4

16 minutes ago, joseodiaga4 said:

Yeah but why? 
it makes no sense,

most of the luxury brands have a vehicle in that segment

Every vehicle/project has a cost and an expected ROI (return on investment) based on volume and pricing and production costs and that has to be compared with other projects competing for the same resources.  It’s never just a sales question.

9 minutes ago, akirby said:

Every vehicle/project has a cost and an expected ROI (return on investment) based on volume and pricing and production costs and that has to be compared with other projects competing for the same resources.  It’s never just a sales question.

Yeah, everything is about the ROI and the total revenue and profit for each vehicle, not only sales, but are you telling me that Ford can’t find a way to make it profitable and others do? 
Well, considering all the mismanagement that is happening lately it is not surprise

19 minutes ago, joseodiaga4 said:

but are you telling me that Ford can’t find a way to make it profitable and others do? 

No.  I’m saying they have better things to spend time and money on.  At any given time they probably have a dozen or more projects with a positive ROI that could be done but they’re all below the line which means resources were given to higher priority projects.

34 minutes ago, akirby said:

No.  I’m saying they have better things to spend time and money on.  At any given time they probably have a dozen or more projects with a positive ROI that could be done but they’re all below the line which means resources were given to higher priority projects.

Ok, but on what projects? The delayed EVs? 
we are not seeing anything new so far instead 🙃

• Like 1

Interesting decision to invest in a refresh, especially if we're still on to see a second gen mach-e in 2026. Unless they decide to push that back, which is a real possibility, doing a refresh this late in the game seems wasteful. 

13 minutes ago, DeluxeStang said:

Interesting decision to invest in a refresh, especially if we're still on to see a second gen mach-e in 2026. Unless they decide to push that back, which is a real possibility, doing a refresh this late in the game seems wasteful. 

well, given it’s Ford, they’ll probably give a minor refresh and leave it on the market for 6 more years, sales will dry up and Ford will sit there wondering why a 10+ year old product isn’t selling lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

Imagine how embarrassing it would be for Ford to cancel Mach E after one product cycle,

they can’t bring themselves to do that and perhaps trying with better GE2 package will succeed.

Honestly, put the 3- row things back at Cuautitlan and give Oakville something better to build

on a faster timetable.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

well, given it’s Ford, they’ll probably give a minor refresh and leave it on the market for 6 more years, sales will dry up and Ford will sit there wondering why a 10+ year old product isn’t selling lol

More like make excuses by calling it a commodity product 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DeluxeStang said:

Next gen has been delayed and pushed back.

46 minutes ago, ExplorerDude said:

Interesting, so they're probably in the early design/engineering phase for the second gen I'm guessing, not super far along. That's assuming they've started development at all. Hopefully Ford doesn't canceled the second gen outright due to slow sales, the mach-e did a lot to give Ford's EVs an aspirational image. Let's hope they don't just walk away from that. 

20 hours ago, T-dubz said:

image.pngMach_E_LT_2_500.jpg

I can’t spot any differences. guessing the “grille” area might look a bit different since it’s the only thing covered. Not sure why the rest of the camo was needed. 

They've also haven't had the best track record with often showing photoshops of vehicles as spy shots. 

22 hours ago, ExplorerDude said:

Word is that everything (BEV) is now getting pushed back, so maybe some “missing hybrid” versions

of existing vehicles now become possible in the next year or so…

Remember that this is Ford and like most things will probably overcompensate in another direction

to act as a distraction from the mess that’s piling up on the Model E side…..

A small wager that perhaps Model E will be used to bundle up a ton of BEV losses that can be

written off over the coming years…while transferring continuing projects back under Ford Blue

where expenses can be better managed as extensions under  existing platform cost centres.

Remembering that if the skunkworks vehicles are a big financial success, a lot of the BEV

engineering and development section under Model E then becomes redundant as smaller

BEV teams show much better efficiency and quicker delivery times.

Edited by jpd80

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Remembering that if the skunkworks vehicles are a big financial success, a lot of the BEV

engineering and development section under Model E then becomes redundant as smaller

BEV teams show much better efficiency and quicker delivery times.

How ironic regarding the BEV redundancies compared to possible success to skunkworks team considering Ford had just reduced the ICE engineering workforce due to redundancies. lol But I've seen where Doug Field, having been involved with skunkworks team and T3 project, will bring over much of skunkworks onto the T3. It's a good thing because whatever the skunkworks have figured out to keep costs low and selling price low could be applied to the T3. Perhaps that's one reason why the T3 was delayed by one year. Apparently it won't be called 'F-150 Lightning' either, according to CFO Lawler. Perhaps the 'F-150 Thunder' name will be used as that was trademarked some time ago. Hopefully the skunkworks methods can soon be applied to the current generation BEVs as part of updates/refresh if it's possible. This would include the Mustang Mach-E (keeping with this thread topic), F-150 Lightning, and E-Transit.

https://fordauthority.com/2024/04/next-gen-ford-f-150-ev-will-benefit-from-low-cost-platform/

I think skunkworks was more about finding ways to cut costs in all aspects from batteries to electronics to the assembly process.  Those can be applied to everything going forward.  I don’t see it making anything else redundant.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, akirby said:

I think skunkworks was more about finding ways to cut costs in all aspects from batteries to electronics to the assembly process.  Those can be applied to everything going forward.  I don’t see it making anything else redundant.

Based on Ford's history, my concern is that this so-called "skunkworks" is going to be another program that gets bogged down with little to show for it, and at least for now is nothing more than a smoke and mirrors scenario. We'll probably never know, but I'm hoping that really is a viable and worthy program and not something that got sold under the "Ford has a better idea!" theme. I'll reserve judgement until we know more or see some actual results that are productive overall. 

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Based on Ford's history, my concern is that this so-called "skunkworks" is going to be another program that gets bogged down with little to show for it, and at least for now is nothing more than a smoke and mirrors scenario. We'll probably never know, but I'm hoping that really is a viable and worthy program and not something that got sold under the "Ford has a better idea!" theme. I'll reserve judgement until we know more or see some actual results that are productive overall. 

I’m more hopeful based on the people involved (outsiders) and the fact it’s a clean slate environment.

The dangers are Ford cutting corners to save money before things are fully implemented or if the cost assumptions end up being wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Based on Ford's history, my concern is that this so-called "skunkworks" is going to be another program that gets bogged down with little to show for it, and at least for now is nothing more than a smoke and mirrors scenario.....

Well, the Ford GT and Mustang GTD were skunkworks programs and both turned out pretty damn good.

• Like 4