What happened to the LS

Oh I made a comment here once about "the most technologically advanced MKS has a push-pedal break", and the flaming started lol It was called a gadget, a gizmo, etc.etc Like if power windows weren't coupled into that mix... So I'm not touching that one either. The MKS makes up with having other toys as well, its just a shame about the electronic parking brake because thats something I use on a daily basis on drive-thrus.

Its great to have i use it in drive-thrus all the time. I was hoping that they added it to the '10 mks ecoboost but oh well,and while im at how come the taurus has the multi contour seats and the mkt doesn't :ohsnap:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had 2 LS both V8s and curenly drive an MKS. The MKS does not even come close to the LS in terms of ride, drive and sound. Sorry to say. If the MKS drove anything like an LS it would be a huge hit.

Two completely different cars. They aren't even supposed to be near the same thing. Based on numbers though, the MKS is doing quite well.

Edited by suv_guy_19

Had 2 LS both V8s and curenly drive an MKS. The MKS does not even come close to the LS in terms of ride, drive and sound. Sorry to say. If the MKS drove anything like an LS it would be a huge hit.

The new FG Falcon would come close - especially the Luxury turbo variant, G6ET.

DSC_0194.jpg

Edited by jpd80

I agree with RMC -- why are you guys using the parking brake at the drive-through?

Seems like it would add wear and tear to the car as it's trying to idle forward.

idk about the wear and tear thing but it's just easier to do because when your are ready to go just ease on the gas and go, you don't have to press the brake, put it in drive and then ease on the gas.

I tried, there was no possible way. I took everything out and used one of those "half bins" of the same rubbermaid stuff...no luck either. Used one that was skinnier but shorter, no luck, I would have to squeeze it through. I would have to take everything out, put it in 6 milk crates, to make it work. Case in point, thats too much involved. I've been able to stick these bins in everything from a friends Saturn L300, to a Camry, to a Mazda6 without any issues. The MKS' 19cu.ft. might be good to have, but if it's more than I think it was 14-16inches of a cut out, then I cant. And I can't squeeze it into the rear seat because the doors do not open wide enough, and I have to make that "turn" to get it in there, and since I cant lower the rear seat, I'm essentially "scraping" the leather on the seats and door trim, to get it in there. (these bins are usually on the floor collecting grime). yet on my LS with 13.5cu.ft. , I just drop it in and as long as I avoid the goose-neck hinges and center it, I'm fine and do not even have to push it to close it.

This is the bin in question LINK. and even the smaller "cousins" do not fit on the MKS as I mentioned.

Ford is aware of the problem you noted with the truck opening on the MKS and has issued a TSB for it.

TSB ANTAUS 0901:

"Direct the customer to the showroom and demonstrate how the storage bins fit in a MKX. Immediately provide the customer with information about the Employee Price + Sale and current rebates. Let customer take the MKX home for additional demonstrations as needed. Upon customer return, have current trade value of customers MKS and final price of MKX deal.

It is further recommend that a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue be available to assist the customer with proper signatures as needed."

Edited by mettech

idk about the wear and tear thing but it's just easier to do because when your are ready to go just ease on the gas and go, you don't have to press the brake, put it in drive and then ease on the gas.

Whats so hard with keeping your foot on the brake? I don't get it, then again I driven nothing but Manual transmission cars all my life...

The new FG Falcon would come close - especially the Luxury turbo variant, G6ET.

DSC_0194.jpg

[insert best whistle sound] Love it!

Whats so hard with keeping your foot on the brake? I don't get it, then again I driven nothing but Manual transmission cars all my life...

I agree, although I sometimes put the car in park if the line doesn't move for a long time.

And it's soooo difficult to push the brake and move the gearshifter. :hysterical:

And it's soooo difficult to push the brake and move the gearshifter. :hysterical:

Remember, these are people who are in the drive-thru instead of walking inside in the first place. And then they will go home and watch TV with their remote control, and go brush their teeth with their electric toothbrush.

And people wonder how our society became obese?

Remember, these are people who are in the drive-thru instead of walking inside in the first place. And then they will go home and watch TV with their remote control, and go brush their teeth with their electric toothbrush.

I can't fault them for using the drive thru though., I use it all the time.

I'm on my 3rd LS V8, I had a 00, 03 and 05 and I usually replace them at 100K miles, all were faultless, and my current one just is about 50K which is half of where I usually would be (everything I do is within 4 miles). I really don't have an option of the next vehicle to jump to. Everything I see a Ford in the horizon, somehow when it materializes, its not what I seek. I'm not sure how much I can hold out for another viable product. I'm still waiting for a spin on an Egoboost MKS to see what my opinion is, but I'm already dissapointed with the basic one. In other words, I really have no other Ford option to purchase again. I can only hope...

I too had 3 LS's and I believe it's the finest car Ford has ever made. And I really miss the AJ V8 which was also in a class by itself (but let down by a so-so 5-speed auto).

I now have an MKS. Nice car, but too big. The car was set up around h-point (seating position) for good entry/egress. But that drives the whole car higher making it around 3" taller than the S Class Merc with essentially the same overall length. This car is massive and looks out-of-scale in the parking lot. It doesn't drive poorly, but with the typical FWD weight distribution, it has understeer the LS never had. Make sure you take a good test drive before you commit.

Still, it's a good trip car with the exception of the mail slot trunk. Lots of amenities, drives confidently, quiet, relatively decent fuel economy.

We have an '02 LS V8 and don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. At 72,000 miles, it needs to have the sway bar bushings replaced, but otherwise it's been pretty much trouble-free.

You use the parking brake in drive thrus? What's wrong with just "park"?

One thing on the trannys in the LS, they shift hard into Park or Reverse. It's rather annoying actually. So I use the electronic parking brake on the drive-thrus...specially in my bank where it can take a good 5 minutes for my transaction to complete.

As for wear and tear for those who might not know, the eletronic parking brake is automatically engaged when you park your vehicle and turn it off, and released when you turn on your car and shift out of park. Security measure I guess. Also helps I have a slight pitch on my driveway and if I park outside of the garage then I don't have to remember to engage it.

Electric toothbrushes clean better.

Our 2005 LS V6 has been a great car mechanically. If it wasn't for the piss poor paint quality that required me to have panels repainted at the dealership (at no cost of course), I would be completely satisfied. Wait, I am satisfied, I walked out the door 4 years ago with a new LS that listed for over $34k for the low price of $22800.